Windows 10: Clear down paths in the run command

Discus and support Clear down paths in the run command in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi When I right click the Windows Button, and select Run, if i hit the pulldown there's no items. So therefore no registry items in RunMRU to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedoc46, Feb 28, 2017.

1. thedoc46 Win User

Clear down paths in the run command

Hi

When I right click the Windows Button, and select Run, if i hit the pulldown there's no items. So therefore no registry items in RunMRU to delete. However if i say type a drive letter, then all the things i've accessed will populate, even if they no longer exist... Example say I have a file that i navigated to via the run command, lets just call it D:\downloads\movie.mp4 Even though the d:\downloads folder has been deleted, if i hit d: in the run command, i'll immediately see D:\downloads\movie.mp4 along with everything else, i've accessed in the d: drive

Everything is off on the Start menu in settings, and under folder options, neither options are enabled in the privacy (Show recently used files in Quick Access & Show frequently used folders in Quick Access) I've also hit the Clear button, to no avail.

Any ideas on how to fix this appreciated ?

:)

thedoc46, Feb 28, 2017

2. Clear run command history

Logoff and login back. Or restart Windows Explorer from Task manager (Process tab)

Alternately, open Folder Options and click Clear. Note that it also clears recent items in Quick Access.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 28, 2017
  3. Clear run command history

Hello Parag,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to refer the following article:

How to Clear the Windows Explorer MRU Lists

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/142298

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 28, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

If you don't mind using 3rd party program, Ccleaner can do that:

Clear down paths in the run command [​IMG]

CountMike, Feb 28, 2017
  5. thedoc46 Win User
    Great thx, i don't mind using CC cleaner.

thedoc46, Feb 28, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    alternatively you can set the Start_TrackProgs DWORD at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced to zero.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clear down paths in the run command - Similar Threads - Clear down paths

2. Path from command prompt is different from Path in Environment Variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Path from command prompt is different from Path in Environment Variables: In Command Prompt, path command generates the following I add new-line to make more readable:ATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_192;C:\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Python38\;C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft...
  3. Path from command prompt is different from Path in Environment Variables

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Path from command prompt is different from Path in Environment Variables: In Command Prompt, path command generates the following I add new-line to make more readable:ATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_192;C:\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Python38\;C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft...
  4. Windows run commands

Windows run commands: I've been having this issue since I started using windows 11. Whenever I use the Windows key + r and I want to run a application like notepad, mspaint they don't load. The only thing that works is CMD. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?...
  5. How to clear Run command history in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Run command history in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will explain how to clear the Run dialog command history in Windows 10. The Run dialog box is a very powerful tool in Windows 10. You can use this utility to open your desired apps and documents directly whose path is known. All you need to type the app name...
  6. how to clear run suggestions

in Cortana
    how to clear run suggestions: Hello everyone , I am getting unnecessary suggestion while accessing shared folder from any other windows PC, Kindly help me to remove these suggestion from my run screen. Hereby Snap is attached for your more clarification, Kindly help me to sort out this issue....
  7. Run clear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run clear: In my Windows from start menu run history automatically clearing. How to stop removing this history from run menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-clear/8dee0f68-3bc5-485a-80ed-c3f3007b8e8e
  8. Clear "Run" dialog entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear "Run" dialog entries?: Does anyone know to how definitively clear the "Run" dialog box of all entries? Example: I press Win+R, then type "c" by itself, and these entries appear: https://i.imgur.com/lveQOYR.png Looking for a real way to clear them (but not disable them). The entries do NOT appear...
  9. How to view, save and clear Command Prompt command History in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to view, save and clear Command Prompt command History in Windows: [ATTACH] The Command Prompt is nothing but a black and white command line utility that comes out of the box on Windows 10/8/7. But those who know its true potential, it is a great replacement for many of the users’ third-party [...] This post How to view, save and clear...
  10. Clear 'Live Tiles' using a script or Command..?

Clear 'Live Tiles' using a script or Command..?: Does anyone know how to clear ALL the Live Tiles from the Windows 10 Start Menu using a script or by editing a file/files? Have tried a number of Registry Edits, adding and deleting keys, but to no avail... The goal is to have a Start Menu with no extra space to the right...