Windows 10: Clear "New" status for Installed Apps+Adding New Shortcuts to All Apps

Discus and support Clear "New" status for Installed Apps+Adding New Shortcuts to All Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Real quick. Just installed Win10, and installed all the programs. So I have a bunch of "New" programs. Is there a quick way to clear New, without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jaesun, Mar 19, 2016.

1. jaesun Win User

Clear "New" status for Installed Apps+Adding New Shortcuts to All Apps

Real quick. Just installed Win10, and installed all the programs.

So I have a bunch of "New" programs. Is there a quick way to clear New, without having to open every single program?

Can't seem to find an option or anything on google about it.

Fixed

Also, I go to add more shortcuts to the Start Menu (All Apps List).

I go to both locations here:
    %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu (which goes to C:\Users\[Login]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs)
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

But whenever I copy a Shortcut for this one particular program (HexChat) into those locations, it just pins the shortcut to the tile area of the Start Menu, and not in the All Apps list.

It is actually weird, because the first shortcut I added was added to the All Apps list just fine.

Edit: Seems to be only this one program, HexChat

:)

jaesun, Mar 19, 2016
  2. lintekPC Win User

In my Start Menu I see "New" displayed

How can I stop/prevent the Start Menu from displaying "New" next to all my apps? Specifically new apps added.

lintekPC, Mar 19, 2016
  3. turo---01 Win User
    E90 Menu options

Good!

Yes, you have to use active desk top to these shortcuts + plugins (eq new messages, calendar etc)

Nice thing, in PDA there are 8 shortcuts and cover 6 shortcuts. So you get 2 more shortcut in PDA! This is maybe first clear advantage i've seen from PDA.

So interesting also, that to set all 8 items, you need to open settings from PDA.

turo---01, Mar 19, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Not that I'm aware of. You don't have to open all the programs though, what I do is just go down the 'All Apps' list and right-click on the ones that say 'New', which get's rid of their 'New' status.

ARC1020, Mar 20, 2016
  5. jaesun Win User
    that sure worked! thanks

jaesun, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clear "New" status for Installed Apps+Adding New Shortcuts to All Apps - Similar Threads - Clear status Installed

2. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut: I managed to put WhatsApp shortcut in "Send To Menu"; to help in sending attachments directly from their folders. When I open the menu folder, I find the shortcut there, but when I try to R-Click > Send To a file, the short cut is not there in the menu. How can I fix this?...
  3. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut: I managed to put WhatsApp shortcut in "Send To Menu"; to help in sending attachments directly from their folders. When I open the menu folder, I find the shortcut there, but when I try to R-Click > Send To a file, the short cut is not there in the menu. How can I fix this?...
  4. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Apps Won't Install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Apps Won't Install: Anytime I attempt to download anything from the Microsoft store, I receive an error stating, "Something happened on our end."The store app and windows are all up to date. Doing updates on existing apps is not a problem....
  6. New Apps Won't Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Apps Won't Install: Anytime I attempt to download anything from the Microsoft store, I receive an error stating, "Something happened on our end."The store app and windows are all up to date. Doing updates on existing apps is not a problem....
  7. New Apps Won't Install

8. Adding a New Desktop Does Not Change the Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a New Desktop Does Not Change the Apps: Whenever I add a new desktop, it creates one but the apps from the other desktop that were in use do not change. Basically, no matter how many new desktops I create, the apps on my taskbar do not change and remain open so it is like using just one desktop still. I would like...
  9. Create Shortcut to new app-style Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Shortcut to new app-style Windows Settings: So many things we do on our computers are now done through apps. Access to Windows Settings on Windows 10 is now done through what seems to be apps like this. I hate how dumbed down they are, but they are the future, and sometimes I only need to do a simple thing and the apps...
  10. New APP installations not showing as new apps in program menu

New APP installations not showing as new apps in program menu: New APP installations not showing as new apps in program menu I am certain that when i first got W10 newly installed apps showed in the all apps window, doesnt seem to be happening now... 29139

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 Clear New status for all Installed Apps