Windows 10: Clear Old SSD Files?

Discus and support Clear Old SSD Files? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so i upgrade to a 250ssd samsung from my old 120gb kingston, how to clear the old 120gb kingston files? i dont have another sata but i have a Orico... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oxlzlope, May 31, 2017.

1. Oxlzlope Win User

Clear Old SSD Files?

so i upgrade to a 250ssd samsung from my old 120gb kingston, how to clear the old 120gb kingston files? i dont have another sata but i have a Orico Enclosure

:)

Oxlzlope, May 31, 2017
  2. Marc_08_ Win User

Reinstalling Windows

I have just recently bought a new SSD and want to replace my old one with it. Can I reactivate windows on the new SSD? P.S: I have no intrest in migrating the whole disk as part of the reason I'm doing it is to clear the junks.

Marc_08_, May 31, 2017
  3. is there a way to install a second storage(SSD) and make it the primary storage rather than already installed HDD?

Do an image copy of the current O/S drive onto your new SSD drive. Many SSD drives come with utilities to handle that. After the SSD has the new image you can clear the old O/S partition and likely combine the 2 partitions on your hard drive.

Be sure to have your documents backed up before you start the operation.

IJustHelping, May 31, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Clear Old SSD Files?

Is that "Orico Enclosure" an USB adapter ? If it is, connect to your computer, go to Disk Management and delete all partitions, make new one and format to NTFS.

CountMike, May 31, 2017
  5. Oxlzlope Win User
    yes its a sata enclosure to USB

Oxlzlope, May 31, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    If you don't delete the partition, ensure you don't have a residual active partition on the now spare 120GB drive since this can confuse your PC when booting if the drive is connected. I use Minitool Partition Wizard to do this.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Clear Old SSD Files?

1. Clear Old SSD Files? - Similar Threads - Clear Old SSD

2. Microsoft Photos does not clear old cache file ICO!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos does not clear old cache file ICO!: My System:Windows 11 Pro 22H2 64bitBuild: 22621.819Microsoft Image Apps updated: 2022.31110.2008.0I have tried to try: 1. Delete the IconCache.db file in the path %UserProfile%/AppData/Local2. Delete the Explorer folder in the path...
  3. Microsoft Photos does not clear old cache file ICO!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos does not clear old cache file ICO!: My System:Windows 11 Pro 22H2 64bitBuild: 22621.819Microsoft Image Apps updated: 2022.31110.2008.0I have tried to try: 1. Delete the IconCache.db file in the path %UserProfile%/AppData/Local2. Delete the Explorer folder in the path...
  4. Microsoft Image does not clear old cache file ICO!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Image does not clear old cache file ICO!: My System:Windows 11 Pro 22H2 64bitBuild: 22621.819Microsoft Image Apps updated: 2022.31110.2008.0I have tried to try: 1. Delete the IconCache.db file in the path %UserProfile%/AppData/Local2. Delete the Explorer folder in the path...
  5. Clear old backup option not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clear old backup option not available: Hi all,I am using the windows 10 "Backup using File History" option, with daily automated backup.Under "keep my backups", I have selected option "until space is needed".I was backing up data to a BackupDrive1 from C, as well as from two external drives for this purpose let's...
  6. old ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    old ssd: My Dell is dead got new Dell and saved old ssd. Got a ssd to usb cable and hooked it up and nothing happend . How do I get it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-ssd/86599fdd-8f6f-44cb-9ad4-42f077eec063
  7. Clearing space from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clearing space from SSD: Hi, I recently uninstalled Sea of Thieves from my SSD, and it said that it was uninstalled. It never cleared the space that the game was taking but the files are gone. I have tried absolutely everything I can find on how to find out if the game is still on my SSD or not, but...
  8. Files On Old SSD Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files On Old SSD Missing: I recently upgraded to a new PC. I decided to pull the SSD that I had put in my laptop and see if I left anything behind that might be needed. My entire SSD was backed up to OneDrive so I don't think I'm missing anything, but I want to double check. I plug it into my PC via...
  9. Clearing browser and SSD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing browser and SSD: I am about to create a new installation of Windows 10 on a new SSD. Because of the nature of SSD's I want to make sure that temporary files, cache etc from programs like Microsoft Edge, Firefox, browsers and websites like YouTube etc NEVER go on the SSD. I am not meaning how...
  10. Old tpm not cleared before booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old tpm not cleared before booting: I activated my tpm module in the bios after installing w10 on a formatted drive, the bios required a restart before the newly activated tpm module could be cleared from previous user data, but before i could press an f key to boot to bios after the restart to clear the tpm it...