Windows 10: Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Discus and support Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"? Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayPhi, Oct 18, 2017.

1. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

:)

JayPhi, Oct 18, 2017

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Oct 18, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Oct 18, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Right click on taskbar then uncheck "Show People Button"

topgundcp, Oct 18, 2017
  5. JayPhi Win User
    Thanks topgundcp,

but I meant to clear the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the People button, not hide or turn off the People button itself.

JayPhi, Oct 18, 2017
  6. JayPhi Win User
    Thanks Josey Wales,

I can pin and unpin People contacts to the taskbar without problems, but these contacts will still show up on the "Pin suggested" list. It's this list I want to clear, because some contacts or double and some are dummy contacts. It's not that big of a deal, but it's rather annoying to have them suggested to me.

JayPhi, Oct 18, 2017
  7. JayPhi Win User

So after playing around a bit more, the only solution seems to be to delete all contacts from either Skype, Mail or People app directly, so they won't show up on the "Pin suggested" list. That's rather harsh.

JayPhi, Oct 19, 2017
  8. In setting this People App has two options, reset and that give you a green check mark but does nothing and there is uninstall which also does nothing. Unless this People App can be tied in to my Office 2016 Outlook Contacts, it is pretty useless to me. I think it needs a lot more work.

alkaufmann, Oct 19, 2017
  9. JayPhi Win User
    Thank you alkaufmann,

I didn't know about the reset function. That would have also solve my problem I guess.

I wonder, if you set up your Office 2016 Outlook account on the Mail app, wouldn't you be able to tie your contacts to the "My people" app? But then again, I think you meant tying directly from Outlook 2016. Yeah, I think since it's not an UWP app that is not possible, or not yet.

JayPhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar - Similar Threads - Clear Pin suggested

2. How to clear run suggestions continued

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear run suggestions continued: Hello everyone,I was looking for a way to clear the suggestion history that appears when I type in the Run dialog box.To summarize the information I found out there, two components must be cleared :1 The recent items aka Run MRU, TypedPaths, File Explorer historycan be...
  3. How to clear run suggestions continued

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear run suggestions continued: Hello everyone,I was looking for a way to clear the suggestion history that appears when I type in the Run dialog box.To summarize the information I found out there, two components must be cleared :1 The recent items aka Run MRU, TypedPaths, File Explorer historycan be...
  4. Microsoft People suggested contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft People suggested contacts: HiIt seems that Microsoft People is automatically creating contacts for people who sent me some emails in the past. I don't know how it works actualy, i simply see some contacts that i have never created appearing in my contact list. Could it be "Suggested contacts?"The...
  5. Microsoft People suggested contacts

Microsoft People suggested contacts: HiIt seems that Microsoft People is automatically creating contacts for people who sent me some emails in the past. I don't know how it works actualy, i simply see some contacts that i have never created appearing in my contact list. Could it be "Suggested contacts?"The...
  6. how to clear run suggestions

in Cortana
    how to clear run suggestions: Hello everyone , I am getting unnecessary suggestion while accessing shared folder from any other windows PC, Kindly help me to remove these suggestion from my run screen. Hereby Snap is attached for your more clarification, Kindly help me to sort out this issue....
  7. Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app

in Browsers and Email
    Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app: Since that option missing from outlook, what should we do for that? I'm facing a very annoying situation, when Ι try to add a recipient in my MAIL app, a past contact appears which i dont want to be there. I'm pretty sure that its not stored in my people app, generally it's...
  8. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  9. People listed in taskbar

People listed in taskbar: Some contacts appear under the People in the taskbar. How to remove the names of people no longer in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-listed-in-taskbar/ead9bf77-8e45-4534-afa6-103da0c715ad
  10. Is there a way to clear birthdays in People?

Is there a way to clear birthdays in People?: Somehow, when People was automatically populated from my Hotmail/Outlook account by Windows 10, a bunch of the contacts wound up with birthdays of 01/01/2000 set. That resulted in a series of "Happy Birthday" e-mails on the first. I have looked at clearing those, but there is...