Windows 10: Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10 How to Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10 [img] Information To change your accent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10

How to: Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10

How to Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10

Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information To change your accent color in Windows 10, you can either select from Windows colors, a custom color, or let Windows automatically pick an accent color from your background.

Starting in Windows 10 build 15002, a Recent colors history feature was added for you to be able to see and select from your last five color choices.

If you like, you can clear your recent colors history without changing your current accent color.

This tutorial will show you how to clear your recent colors history to reset it back to default for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .reg file below will delete the registry key below to clear and reset your recent colors history.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\History\Colors

EXAMPLE: Recent colors

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Clear_recent_colors_history.reg

Download
    2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
  2. PriyalP Win User

Recent History list not getting cleared

Hello,

I'm facing this problem since a few days....whenever I clear the recent history list...it doesnt get empty! It still shows the site URLs. I went to Settings->
    application-> Internet Explorer...n deleted the history and all as well...but still the recent history shows all the sites.....Earlier when I used to clear the history the list would get empty but not working since a few days. Kindly help out with this
    issue!

thank you!

PriyalP, Oct 26, 2019
  3. How to clear recent file history from apps in the taskbar?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to remove the recent history in the task bar.

• Right click on the icon list which you don’t want to display.
    • Choose remove from the list or unpin the icon accordingly and check if it helps.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10

Unable to clear Windows 10 Run dialog history of recent files

I'm having problems with Windows 10 remembering recent files within the Run dialog.

For example, if I press Windows key + R, and type the letter C into the dialog box, I get a list of recent files as follows:-

I have gone to Control Panel, File Explorer Options, and clicked on the Clear button within the Privacy section. This had no effect (even after reboot etc).

I have also deleted the contents of the following registry key:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

This seemed to clear recently run programs (I am old school and often run programs from here), but recently accessed files were still listed. Again I rebooted just in case.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

CA

CaptainAmateur, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How do I clear the recent history of the jump lists in Windows 10 ?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Yes, you are right that Jump list option has been removed from the Taskbar properties window. But its setting is still there from where you can stop or clear its history.

Here are the steps which can help you to stop or turn off that option due to which items get saved in jump list or start menu.

• Press the Windows key or the start icon.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Start from the left pane.
    • Turn off the option stating "Show recently opened items in jump lists on Start or the taskbar."

For more clarification you can refer to the screen shot added below.

Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10 a0d94d34-038b-4ec3-b0ac-332aa00b2a6f.png

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
  6. mtpot Win User
    How do I clear the recent history of the jump lists in Windows 10 ?

In Windows 7 and Windows 8 ,there's settings of whether to log the history of file opens in programs in the start menu or the taskbar jump lists , just easily turn it off and on again , the jump list history will be cleared , but now in Windows 10 I can
    only find settings for file explorer , so how do I clear the file open history of the other programs in the start menu and the jump lists in Windows 10 ?

mtpot, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10

1. Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Recent Colors

2. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  3. Win10 Clear systems recently entered *FILE>DETAILS history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Clear systems recently entered *FILE>DETAILS history: ?See above, see how i start typing and other items show!how do we easilly reset/clear this so theres none to show again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-clear-systems-recently-entered-filedetails/633b850d-47e6-4198-98bd-e5c4266ba84a
  4. How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities: [ATTACH]If you want to clear Windows Search or device search history, then this article […] This article How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to delete Recent Colors History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete Recent Colors History in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 has a lot of options and flexibility to change the title bar color and other color schemes. To change the title bar color, Windows borders, Action center color, you have visit Settings > Personalization > Colors page. When [...] This post How to...
  6. clearing search history not clearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  7. Unable to clear Windows 10 Run dialog history of recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to clear Windows 10 Run dialog history of recent files: I'm having problems with Windows 10 remembering recent files within the Run dialog. For example, if I press Windows key + R, and type the letter C into the dialog box, I get a list of recent files as follows:- [img] I have gone to Control Panel, File Explorer...
  8. Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 How to Clear Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 [img] Information If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  9. Clear Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or...
  10. Clear Reliability History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Reliability History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Reliability History in Windows 10 How to Clear Reliability History in Windows 10 Reliability Monitor is an advanced tool that provides a system stability overview and details about events that impact reliability. It calculates the Stability Index shown in...