Windows 10: CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker

Discus and support CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Press Shift + F10 during Windows 10 Upgrade to Launch Root CLI & bypass BitLocker Tuesday, November 29, 2016 Swati Khandelwal If your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by johngalt, Nov 29, 2016.

1. johngalt Win User

CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker

Press Shift + F10 during Windows 10 Upgrade to Launch Root CLI & bypass BitLocker

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 Swati Khandelwal

Read the full article at Press Shift + F10 during Windows 10 Upgrade to Launch Root CLI & bypass BitLocker

johngalt, Nov 29, 2016
  2. johngalt Win User

I use this native CLI feature to prepare HDs prior to installing when performing a clean install. I had no idea that BitLocker was disabled during upgrades, though. This is interesting.

I wonder if you can do this with any WinX .ISO / USB to any computer?

:)

johngalt, Nov 29, 2016
  3. JohnEuric Win User
    Cant Bypass Scanning and repairing drive Windows 10

I cannot bypass Scanning and Repairing Drive during boot pocess

-Machine is HP Zbook-Windows 10 with Bitlocker configured.

-It is stuck in a loop Scanning and Repairing drive and stops at 57%

-It will not prompt the bypass option

-I've tried powering down by holding power button for 4 seconds and power back up numerous times. The option to press any key to bypass still does not display

-No it does not flash quickly, I've tried repeatedly pressing the space bar at boot up just to be sure to no avail.

-Tried to boot into all safe mode options with no luck. It continues to go to scanning and repairing first

-Was able to boot to Windows 10 CD but cannot go any further because Bitlocker is enabled. As far as I know I cannot disable bitlocker unless I can get into windows. However, it was acting like it was going to install WIN10 not "repair" no option to repair
    presented itself. I assumed after I got through some of the initial "click next" options it would detect WIN 10 was already installed and prompt for a repair or new install. Couldnt get that far it was acting as a new install and bitlocker prevented
    any further options/progress.

Any suggestions?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 7 / Performance & system failures]

JohnEuric, Nov 29, 2016
  4. CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker

Unlock device Lock by bitlocker device encryption without key recovery/lost Microsoft account

Unfortunately, BitLocker is an impossible function to bypass.

There is no backup you can restore from?

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2016
  5. wyldman68 Win User
    So you have to have Physical access and be logged in to do this Hack. Couldn't you just go into the Control Panel and disable Bit locker, because you are already logged on? Maybe you should always use win key + L when you walk away from your computer. I thought it was funny yesterday when Betanews had this article, too.

wyldman68, Nov 30, 2016
  6. johngalt Win User
    No. You would need to have login access to do that.

This is only viable while Windows is upgrading, but still a problem nonetheless. I don't know if it could also be manipulated using a WinX install disc / USB drive, but if it can, then any device that doesn't have the BIOS / UEFI set to block booting from other devices (IOW, booting only from the installed HDD is allowed) is vulnerable, as I could simply boot the WinX installer and access the data on the machine.

johngalt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker

1. CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker - Similar Threads - CLI during WinX

2. How to bypass DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG stopcode during windows install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bypass DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG stopcode during windows install.: Hi, I have a DELL vostro laptop at home. For some reason, it has windows boot loader but there are no files on the disk. So I made a bootable usb using rufus I set everything correctly, GPT and UEFI settings in BIOS as well and disabled secure boot. My SATA mode is AHCI we...
  3. How to bypass DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG stopcode during windows install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bypass DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG stopcode during windows install.: Hi, I have a DELL vostro laptop at home. For some reason, it has windows boot loader but there are no files on the disk. So I made a bootable usb using rufus I set everything correctly, GPT and UEFI settings in BIOS as well and disabled secure boot. My SATA mode is AHCI we...
  4. WINX folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINX folders: After the latest update from Microsoft, ALL the WINX folders all users have been deleted. Where are they now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winx-folders/afb5d058-4680-4cd8-ad7c-b823e84ac233
  5. Heroku CLI not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Heroku CLI not installing: It says App has been blocked for your protection. How to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heroku-cli-not-installing/23e9754b-3617-4b9d-97fe-235276976021
  6. How to bypass the bitlocker?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to bypass the bitlocker?: how to bypass the bitlocker that locked my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bypass-the-bitlocker/44f91cf6-1a43-446e-9965-4dd19e9e028b
  7. bitlocker bypass

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker bypass: Hello, I have an TOPTON GAMING MINI PC that operates on Windows 10, and anytime I turn it on, it says "Recovery: there are no more Bitlocker recovery options on your PC, you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media" and if I press f9 it asks me to insert...
  8. Can't bypass BitLocker!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't bypass BitLocker!: Hello! For some reason I have to get BitLocker recovery key, but I don't have it. There's no key on my account, no key in AD, no key on USB and can't reset it from BIOS. I've checked everything from Google and YouTube but without any good answer. And I can't get to Command...
  9. WinX's Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinX's Shortcuts: WinX is 1 of your best friends in Win10. Ironic includes Run & accesses items without Run, anymore. Anyway, WinX has K/B shortcuts, you don't even need to bother opening your 'good friend'; know the shortcuts, instead . WinX+the underlined letters Above the red dots & voila...
  10. Bypass for activating bitlocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bypass for activating bitlocker: Hi everyone, It may be a stupid question but i got a surface pro7 and microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove windows PRO from surface PRO and i need to connect a microsoft account to enable bitlocker on it. Is there any way to bypass this connection? Thank you in...
Tags: