Windows 10: Click Here to enter your most recent credential

Discus and support Click Here to enter your most recent credential in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have searched everywhere for solutions on getting rid of the above message, from deleting my current account and setting up a new one, to a number of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Coastalguy, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Click Here to enter your most recent credential

I have searched everywhere for solutions on getting rid of the above message, from deleting my current account and setting up a new one, to a number of other solutions. But, with all that, I am still getting this message. I would like to continue with my Microsoft account login rather than my local one, but with this annoying and continual message, it is just another Windows 10 annoyance.

:)

Coastalguy, Aug 8, 2016

2. Click here to enter your most recent credential pops up on every re-boot.

Google Translate on a smartphone is a useful tool to fix an operating system set to a language you don't understand.

The app can do an instant translation of what the camera is showing. I used that myself on my cheapskate Chinese Wifi repeater without an English language option. Click Here to enter your most recent credential :D

On a side-note. I got that "click here to sign in" pop up today. Reading through the comments here and the solution attempts, I think I'll just try and wait it out a few days or so, as it looks like it could be some server-side temporary bug.

Cheers,

Hans

duckofdeath, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Click here to enter your most recent credential pops up on every re-boot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are getting a pop up asking you to enter your most recent Microsoft account credential. Let me try and assist you with the issue you are experiencing.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back to Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

1. In the Start search, type 'Settings and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Under 'Your account', click 'Disconnect' option available under your Microsoft account name.

4. Follow the onscreen instruction to create a local account.

Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps:

1. In the Start search, type 'Settings and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Under 'Your account' click 'Connect to a Microsoft account'.

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Follow onscreen instruction.

Let us know if it helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Click Here to enter your most recent credential

Brink, Aug 8, 2016
  5. I had already found this and tried it, but it still keeps coming back. I am trying it again and hopefully it will provide the solution.

Coastalguy, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Did this procedure once again, and this morning still getting that message. I don't think Microsoft has a handle on this problem;.

Coastalguy, Aug 9, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Usually you would get this if any type of change has been made to affect your MSA credentials. Such as: rename computer, rename user profile folder, change password, etc...

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Click Here to enter your most recent credential

1. Click Here to enter your most recent credential - Similar Threads - Click Here enter

2. enter credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter credentials: my system is not find speaker i uninstall it at device manager and restart system to fix that but icant enter windows the cmd is open and need me credentials password i cant open setup setting our everything...
  3. Enter credential?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter credential?: I just got a screen of a cmd saying "enter credentials for asus or hit esc to switch users /sign-in methods i never put password in this laptop and i typed everything until a reseting pwd poped up here Enter password: "And I tried resseting password hereA help will make me...
  4. Enter credential?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter credential?: I just got a screen of a cmd saying "enter credentials for asus or hit esc to switch users /sign-in methods i never put password in this laptop and i typed everything until a reseting pwd poped up here Enter password: "And I tried resseting password hereA help will make me...
  5. Click here to update your..." message to update information/credentials on the desktop on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Click here to update your..." message to update information/credentials on the desktop on...: Mail Version 16005.12228.20276.0 This was a question asked in 2015 and 2016. Both threads are currently LOCKED. It is now 2019 and I have the same problem. The ANSWER contains a link that no longer works. I also tried deleting the two accounts and then adding them back...
  6. Click here to enter your most recent credentials message in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Click here to enter your most recent credentials message in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 keeps asking you for your most recent password and you see a message – Click here to enter your most recent password or credential, Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again, this is what you [...] This post Click here to enter your most recent...
  7. Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you: Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you to sign in agains What am I supposed to do when I get this message? 39901
  8. Click here to enter your most recent credential

Click here to enter your most recent credential: I'm getting "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you to sign in again." I click, but nothing happens except that my desktop comes up. Anyone else seeing this? 4027
  9. Click here to enter your most recent credential on Windows 10

Click here to enter your most recent credential on Windows 10: What is windows 10 looking for when it asks this? I click on the notification and it doesn't bring me to a password box. Is this some sort of bug? It happens to me on multiple computers. 37368
  10. Fix Click here to enter your most recent credential in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix Click here to enter your most recent credential in Windows 10: How to: Fix Click here to enter your most recent credential in Windows 10 How to Fix 'Click here to enter your most recent credential' in Windows 8 and Windows 10 [img] Information If you reset the password, or change the primary alias of your Microsoft account, then...