Windows 10: Clicking Network Icon in Taskbar Causes USB Disconnect Chime?

Discus and support Clicking Network Icon in Taskbar Causes USB Disconnect Chime? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I click the Network Icon in the taskbar (by the speaker icon) I get a USB "Disconnect" chime? I can see anything vanishing from Device Manager. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nigelmercier, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Clicking Network Icon in Taskbar Causes USB Disconnect Chime?

If I click the Network Icon in the taskbar (by the speaker icon) I get a USB "Disconnect" chime? I can see anything vanishing from Device Manager. What else can I check?

:)

nigelmercier, Apr 9, 2016

2. How do I disconnect my computer from its current Windows 10 home network?

Click the Network icon in the Taskbar notification area (represented by a radio wave symbol or monitor icon, select the connection then click Disconnect.

Learn more:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/connect-netowr...

Andre Da Costa, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Taskbar auto-hide resolved on my laptop

On my laptop, the problem is caused by the hidden icons on the right hand side of the taskbar. Occasionally one of the icons will try to pop up a message like they did in Windows 7. In Windows 10 they can't. But when they try, auto-hide opens the taskbar
    and will not hide until the message is cleared, which you can't do.
    There are 2 icons that cause the problem on my laptop; ASUS Web Storage; WD Drive (when disconnected).

I now right click on the ASUS storage Icon and click EXIT which removes the icon and if I disconnect WD Drive I exit the white drive status icon. As soon as I do this auto-hide is fully functional and does not have any problems unless I restart and the
    icons reappear. You just need to find the hidden icon(s) that are causing the problem.

Hope this will help anyone whom has the problem with auto-hide.

BarrySmithlittlebaz, Apr 9, 2016
  4. jackzh Win User

Clicking Network Icon in Taskbar Causes USB Disconnect Chime?

In the sound settings, can you see what this chime is associated with?

jackzh, Apr 10, 2016
  5. jackzh Win User
    If that's the only one associated, something must be going on... Hmmm, you probably did this already, but did you expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers" in Device Manager to see if there is any change at all there?

jackzh, Apr 11, 2016
  6. Why do you click it,
    All I do is hover over it then go to more action and open that and click the icon there

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Clicking Network Icon in Taskbar Causes USB Disconnect Chime?

1. Clicking Network Icon in Taskbar Causes USB Disconnect Chime? - Similar Threads - Clicking Network Icon

2. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown: When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are...
  3. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown: When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are...
  4. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Middle-clicking Taskbar icons

Middle-clicking Taskbar icons: Does everybody know that middle-clicking on a Taskbar iconcan/will open another instance of that item Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/middle-clicking-taskbar-icons/e4c80196-181c-4689-8848-c2b9993fea2e
  6. Running any game causes my monitor to shut down, the USB disconnect chime to play, and my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running any game causes my monitor to shut down, the USB disconnect chime to play, and my...: I've checked all my drivers, scanned my cores and the system files, and checked the USB ports, but nothing has been fixed. I've scanned and repaired the game files, but for some odd reason every single game on my computer just started crashing my computer. I don't understand...
  7. Network icon in taskbar

Network icon in taskbar: What file has the network icon in the taskbar in Windows 10. 1903? There is no Pnidui.dll file. John 138427
  8. Bluetooth causing USB-headset to disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth causing USB-headset to disconnect: Hi! Whenever I have Bluetooth on and use my Logitech G35 headset, the headset disconnects then comes back, oscillating back and forth in a 5 second window. 2 seconds from headset, 3 seconds from built in speakers (laptop). In settings under "Bluetooth & other devices" I get...
  9. USB Device Chimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Chimes: Hey Guys, I recently noticed that I no longer have the 'plugged-in' Chime and 'removal' Chime when using a USB device. I checked my sound settings, in the control panel, and everything appears to be set correctly. Is there any other settings or anything I need to do to...
  10. Taskbar no network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taskbar no network icon: Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks. How do I get the the icon on the taskbar? Bill 43226