Windows 10: Clicking on "App" and nothing happens apart from the tile going dark

Discus and support Clicking on "App" and nothing happens apart from the tile going dark in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using a normal Administrator local account set up with my own user name. UAC is turned off. Any idea why I can't use the metro style "apps" (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Clicking on "App" and nothing happens apart from the tile going dark

I am using a normal Administrator local account set up with my own user name. UAC is turned off.
    Any idea why I can't use the metro style "apps" (not a huge fan of them, but I want them to be accessible if I choose to use them). For instance "Weather", "Twitter", "Store", "Money" etc. When I click on them they just go dark and nothing more happens. If I close the Start Menu and open it again, they are still dark.

:)

Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016
  2. jbutrip Win User

Windows 10 Mail App won't open on child account

We have 3 accounts on the same Windows 10 PC, one administrator and 2 children. 2 of them work normally, but my son's Windows Mail app stopped working. The tile shows in Start, but it isn't a live tile; when he clicks on it, nothing happens. I wanted
    to check it in the store, but if I go to the Mail & Calendar app in the Windows Store (while signed in to his account), the "Free" button is dark (like it can't be clicked) and there's a line above it that says something like "This app is only available to
    users 12 years old or more". I checked his account settings; his birthdate is correct in his account (he is 14).

jbutrip, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Nothing happens when clicking the Photo tile on the Home Screen

Hello,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted files related to the Photos app. To troubleshoot this issue, we recommend that you

run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps
    . This tool finds and fixes common errors with apps on your computer.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you repair or reset the Photos app. This will fix any corruptions related to the app. Here's how:

• Click Start, and click on the gear icon to open the Settings
      app.
    • Click on System, and select Apps & features in the left pane.
    • Look for the Photos app, select it, and click on Advanced options.
    • Click on the Repair or Reset button.

Let us know the results so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 15, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    Thanks for the response *Smile Do I lose any data or installed software if I do that?

Hannele2, Jul 19, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    No. The advantage of this method is that it preserves your data and apps as explained in the tutorial.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clicking on "App" and nothing happens apart from the tile going dark - Similar Threads - Clicking App nothing

2. Clicking on Iriun Webcam app, But nothing is happening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking on Iriun Webcam app, But nothing is happening.: I am clicking on Iriun webcam app icon but nothing is happening. I checked other applications, but all of them are working perfectly. I tried searching for the problem in the web, but all the problem related to after openings of Iriun webcam. What should I do?...
  3. Clicking on Iriun Webcam app, But nothing is happening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking on Iriun Webcam app, But nothing is happening.: I am clicking on Iriun webcam app icon but nothing is happening. I checked other applications, but all of them are working perfectly. I tried searching for the problem in the web, but all the problem related to after openings of Iriun webcam. What should I do?...
  4. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  5. I click an app and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I click an app and nothing happens: Hello, I have updated my windows yesterday and ever since then I have been having some issues opening certain apps, when I click “app”, nothing happens at all, not even an error message. I have read that the reason could be file corruptions after the update so I tried...
  6. nothing working apart from chrome app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nothing working apart from chrome app: yesterday all live tiles stopped working. Today I can't access settings. Bing doesn't work. Nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nothing-working-apart-from-chrome-app/f34dfc7c-29b6-4bfa-94ce-17e6eef0bdde
  7. Double clicked the .txt nothing happened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double clicked the .txt nothing happened: System version is win10 pro 2004 english customer edition, just upgraded from 1909, not using insider program, nothing happennot even a "not responding" popup both clicking .txt file and notepad.exe, tried this method, still couldnt fix it. How do i diagnostic or fix it? btw...
  8. Click on apps, the spinning circle appear, then nothing happen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Click on apps, the spinning circle appear, then nothing happen: Initially (about two weeks ago) this only happen to Microsoft Office 365 apps (outlook, word, excel, powerpoint). What happen is, when I click on its own icon (let say Word icon), the spinning circle appear briefly then nothing happen. I have to open existing Word file then...
  9. Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps: Tried both Edge and Chrome browsers as default. Hyperlinks work properly from progs, as they should, but nothing happens when I try to click on links from Apps. Seems like the new start menu has some hyperlinks and nothing happens when I click them: [img] Red boxes...
  10. I click upgrade, but nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I click upgrade, but nothing happens?: I am running 8.1 pro 64 bit. I click the icon at the bottom, it says "this pc is compatible" and I click upgrade. I click continue and it checks for updates. None are found. No updates are hidden. I have read and seem to have all necessary updated already installed. Why would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Nothing happens when clicking on Partner Tile