Windows 10: Clock and search not working

Discus and support Clock and search not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ran sfc /scannow. Apparently ran successfully. I notice that clicking on time/date in systray yields nothing as does trying to enter a search in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithet, Dec 6, 2015.

1. keithet Win User

Clock and search not working

Ran sfc /scannow. Apparently ran successfully. I notice that clicking on time/date in systray yields nothing as does trying to enter a search in the "Search Windows" box. A Restart works but there must be a fix that does not require s restart of Windows. Other than this problem, I am quite happy with W10. Everything else I do seems to work properly.

What else can I do to stop this mysterious failure? *Confused

:)

keithet, Dec 6, 2015
  2. Bill_McC Win User

Is there any way to use an mp3 as a ringtone on the htc mozart?

Doesn't work in Australia ! The only thing search currently returns is an alarm clock app.

Bill_McC, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Alarm and Clock not working

Try running a SFC Scan and see if there were any corrupted files that is causing the issue. Follow ZigZag3143's reply in this article for instructions:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

If the SFC scan didn't find any errors, you can try running the DISM to if it helps. Instructions is on the same article above.

Let us know the results.

Ian Ser, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Clock and search not working

1. Clock and search not working - Similar Threads - Clock search working

2. World clock doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World clock doesn't work: in Clock application from Windows Store , when I select any city in world clock section , don't add any . I did an app reset , still issue persist .Windows 10 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/world-clock-doesnt-work/950e9fa1-cb25-4f4d-a5c2-c6b7898b7fcd
  3. World clock doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    World clock doesn't work: in Clock application from Windows Store , when I select any city in world clock section , don't add any . I did an app reset , still issue persist .Windows 10 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/world-clock-doesnt-work/950e9fa1-cb25-4f4d-a5c2-c6b7898b7fcd
  4. Windows 10 clock not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 clock not working: My clock has mixed up AM and PM and is an hour ahead of time. I tried changing my time zone but it won't let me. I also tried Syncing it, but it didn't change anything. Am I doing anything wrong? I checked the data regional formatting and I want the short time to be 3:09PM...
  5. Clock not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clock not working properly: A few days ago I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my computer. I selected US as my region (by mistake, I'm from EU) and now my clock doesn't work properly. I disabled automatic time and time zones, but every time I restart my PC clock is exactly 1 hour late. Usually it's...
  6. clock not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    clock not working: after the last update my clock stopped working correctly, the hour doesn't count up anymore after going from 59 minutes to 60 and it also doesn't run as fast as real time, have I invented a time machine? submitted by /u/ThijsKeizer [link] [comments]...
  7. Alarm clock does not work

Alarm clock does not work: My alarm clock would not sound. I tried changing the time and it does not allow me to make changes. troubleshooter does not resolve. uninstalled and reinstalled, removed and reinstalled via powershell, issue persists. Tried a third party alarm, alarm does not sound, nor...
  8. Alarms & CLock still not working.

Alarms & CLock still not working.: I used the reset option. Then opened up Alarms & Clocks again. I set the alarm and still no sound. Any help on this please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-still-not-working/c81a5c48-6979-47d2-a806-1bc1fc30a4e8
  9. "Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly

"Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly: As above, this app is not working correctly in that no sound is produced at alarm time or end of countdown. I have tried two fixes and neither worked. This one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps and this one:...
  10. Start menu not working, nor search bar, jump lists, clock, etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working, nor search bar, jump lists, clock, etc: Hello, I have had this machine for a month or so now, and did a clean install of Win10 when I got it. All has been fine until today. I just came back from holiday (not sure if this has any relevance at all, but added it in case), and swapped my keyboard from a...