Windows 10: Clock Changes to Random Times

Discus and support Clock Changes to Random Times in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My computer's clock has been randomly changing itself for about two months now, and it seems to be happening a lot more often than it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tiss, May 17, 2017.

1. Tiss Win User

Clock Changes to Random Times

Hello,
    My computer's clock has been randomly changing itself for about two months now, and it seems to be happening a lot more often than it was before. At first, I thought it would just blow over, but it never went away. This can happen when I'm watching a video online, playing a video game, or doing homework. Most of the time, when the clock changes, it crashes the program that I was using. For example, I was recently playing Nuclear Throne, a rouge-like game that doesn't always save your progress, and the game crashed to desktop and showed that it was September in 5960 (or close to that), forcing me to start over. This of course could've been much worse but I just want to prevent this from getting in the way of my schoolwork or whatever else.

I'm not sure what to post here to help the solution to be found, but any help is really appreciated.

:)

2. Tim7544 Win User

Screen zoom changes at random times.

Original Title : Screen zoom.

I recently purchased a new laptop and while working in windows the screen zoom changes at random times. Is there a way to lock the screen zoom.

Tim7544, May 17, 2017
  3. Screen zoom changes at random times.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue.

1. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue ?

Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the admin account or the MSA to check if that helps.

Install any pending updates on the PC to check if that helps.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If the issue persist than update the display drivers.

Update the display drivers.

Follow the below steps :

1. Press Windows and X keys together.

2. Click/tap on Device Manager.

3. Click/tap on Display Adaptor

4. Right click on the graphic driver and click on update driver software.

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we are here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, May 17, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, May 17, 2017
  5. Tiss Win User
    Forget that last post, I forgot to reconnect a cord connecting the power button to the rest of the computer after I dismantled it. Everything is running smoothly.

My apologies!

Tiss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clock Changes to Random Times - Similar Threads - Clock Changes Random

2. Clock/Time Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock/Time Issues: My time on my computer is 3 hours behind and it causes issues. I've manually changed the time 3 hours ahead to balance it out, but it didn't solve the issue. For example, it's 7 o clock right now, discord would say 4 o clock. but on brave browser, it has the time I have on my...
  3. Clock/Time Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock/Time Issues: My time on my computer is 3 hours behind and it causes issues. I've manually changed the time 3 hours ahead to balance it out, but it didn't solve the issue. For example, it's 7 o clock right now, discord would say 4 o clock. but on brave browser, it has the time I have on my...
  4. Clock Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock Time: My clock shows the wrong time. It is not syncing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/316cdda5-83a8-467f-b931-cfff8c524123
  5. Clock keeps changing time multiple times a day.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clock keeps changing time multiple times a day.: Over the weekend our clocks went forward an hour... and in spite of me having the time set up correctly to auto adjust, is in the right time zone and so forth... It refused to change. This continued into Monday and if I manually set it tot he correct time... it refused to...
  6. change time display from 12 hr clock to 24 hr clock?

change time display from 12 hr clock to 24 hr clock?: I am retired military and more appreciate the 24 hr format for time than 12 hr.. I am unable to find a toggle to do that??? So that leave with a question..where is the time display format at..Many thx in advance....
  7. clock time

clock time: My Asus windows 10 tablet will not keep time .I have to reset the time every time I boot up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/cd5b8dd3-0543-4c4c-99db-e4aad8f1027e
  8. time clock ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    time clock ..: the time on my pc is always wrong .. so I go to settings make sure zone is correct for uk . then change time settings set to correct time ok .. wen I click set to auto it goes to wrong time again .....
  9. changing time clock update

in Windows 10 Support
    changing time clock update: Just as the title states where can I find in the registry the keys to edit to change how often and what server(s) the automatic time update updates my computers clock? I cant seem to recall where to find that. I thought i remembered where it was but when i searched the...
  10. Clock gaining time

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock gaining time: Hello Guys, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an hour...