Windows 10: Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

Discus and support Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joelshort, Jan 11, 2016.

1. joelshort Win User

Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow.

Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings.

Yes, it is set up to sync with time.nist.gov

The really puzzling thing is that the bios/uefi clock is correct and stays correct. So in my limited knowledge it seems the problem must be with windows.

Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

joelshort, Jan 11, 2016
  2. chris_ken Win User

Windows 10 Clock Runs Too Fast

My clock is constantly running too fast.

The time is correct in the BIOS.

The windows time service is running and synchronising correctly. However, after it has synced and corrected the time, the clock gradually creeps forward until the next synchronisation (gaining around 2-3 minutes an hour).

Any ideas?

chris_ken, Jan 11, 2016
  3. DanDolgin Win User
    Computer clock loses time while computer is running - it's a mini notebook/tablet with removable keyboard

Hi.

My computer clock loses time while the computer is running - it's a mini notebook/tablet combo with removable keyboard - windows 10. Could it be the bios battery? It is losing time while the computer is running and plugged into AC. Because it's a mini notebook/tablet
    with removable keyboard, I don't even know if it has a bios battery. If it's not the battery, what else could it be? It works fine otherwise. The computer loses about 1 minute for every 10 minutes. I reset the clock 3 times today, but it's still losing time.
    I ran my antivirus program and no viruses were detected. The computer is never turned off, but does go to sleep after 2 hoursThe computer is set to "Set time automatically". How often does Windows 10 synch the clock? It doesn't seem to ever sync the time.
    Are there other apps for clock synch?

DanDolgin, Jan 11, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios - Similar Threads - Clock constantly loses

2. Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue: My clock says the wrong time. It is beyond hour behind...it is ike 11 min off. How do I fix it? I went into Settings. There is only hour behind or daylight savings time zone fixes but not a fix when it is running behind...
  3. Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue: My clock says the wrong time. It is beyond hour behind...it is ike 11 min off. How do I fix it? I went into Settings. There is only hour behind or daylight savings time zone fixes but not a fix when it is running behind...
  4. Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 clock not displaying the time correctly: I'm having problems with the windows 10 clock. Every time I turn on my laptop, the clock is 3 hours ahead UTC, instead, it should be UTC - 3. It started to work that way since I did a clean install of windows 10 build 19041 2004 last week . I've been trying a lot of things...
  5. Clock not set correctly

Clock not set correctly: Please give me a simple step by baby step of what to do to set the clock to the proper time on Window 10? It is 18 minutes fast behind . I have NEVER had this issue so I haven't dealt with it before. Can I just say please be very very specific in your answer as I am having...
  6. Time Clock constantly resetting

Time Clock constantly resetting: Hi, So I have been having this problem where my window's clock always goes 7 hours ahead PST anytime I reset/turn off my computer. I have had the option where it sets my time and time zone automatically on before, yet it would still reset the clock to 7 hours ahead. I even...
  7. Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off

Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off: [ATTACH]I have a problem on a new computer I just got last month, I only just realized the problem today, the clock that is in the taskbar shows the correct time for my timezone, but for everything else, such as discord. shows time in the opposite time AM PM and the time it...
  8. clock time

clock time: My Asus windows 10 tablet will not keep time .I have to reset the time every time I boot up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/cd5b8dd3-0543-4c4c-99db-e4aad8f1027e
  9. Window 10- clock time losing when shut off

Window 10- clock time losing when shut off: I am using window 10 build 1803 updated till 8:45 Am today. For the last seven days I am noticing that the Clock is losing when it is shut off. If I shut it at 11PM at night and start it in the morning at 8AM the time shown on the taskbar clock is far behind the actual time....
  10. Windows time clock running slow, losing time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows time clock running slow, losing time.: Hi, I just noticed the clock on my Windows 10 tablet is running noticeably slow. Over the last few days I've seen wrong times and done a manual sync to the time server, which sets it right again. Now, if I bring up the calendar display, it's clear that the seconds are...