Windows 10: Clock Has Alarm That I Did Not Set, and Can't Delete

Discus and support Clock Has Alarm That I Did Not Set, and Can't Delete in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1st of all, if this is in wrong sub-forum, I apologize. So, I get an alarm going off every AM at 7:AM, that I never set, and yet, this OS gives NO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gplea, Mar 3, 2017.

1. gplea Win User

Clock Has Alarm That I Did Not Set, and Can't Delete

1st of all, if this is in wrong sub-forum, I apologize. So, I get an alarm going off every AM at 7:AM, that I never set, and yet, this OS gives NO tips, or instructions on how to stop this alarm. So, I have to come here to unpaid users, who I'm eternally grateful for, to help me fix this problem. OH! BTW, it does it even if the machine is shut down. PLEASE HELP ME!

:)

gplea, Mar 3, 2017

2. Belle Alarm Clock bug

Updated my N8 to Belle, and this morning I find out that the alarm clock has a bug.

I normally set the alarm and turn off the phone - and it then turns itself on and sound the alarm at the time I set. But this morning it didn't turn on the phone and sound the alarm.

The alarm didn't go of until I turned on the phone.

This is pretty crucial, because now I can't trust my N8 to wake me up - and I need to get an alarm clock :-(

Stiffy---01, Mar 3, 2017
  3. msrox Win User
    Nokia N8 Alarm Clock Volume Problem

What is wrong with Nokia N8's alarm clock volume? I can not find anywhere to define the way it alarms (ascending, ringing, ...) and to set the volume.

The default clock has the ringing alarm, but I want to set ascending alarm. Also I need cont down alarm, so I tried couple of third party applications like Handy Clock, Time Machine and Egg Clock Touch. But The problem with all of them is that the alarm
    volume is too low and there is no where to adjust the volume.

Is there anyway to set ascending for the default clock alarm? Why there is no volume for the clock alarm?

I appreciate your help.

msrox, Mar 3, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

I'm happy our super moderator edited your post, I was going to start this reply with telling you not to blame Windows for something you have done by yourself or what has been done by software you have installed. Knowing me I had most probably done that in a way that had caused moderators to give me a warning *Wink

Windows does not set alarms, recurring or one time by itself. This alarm is made by you or software you have installed. In addition, no alarm set will be shown / given when PC is shut down.

First thing to check is Alarms & Clock app (Start > A > Alarms & Clock). The app has one default alarm pre-set when you install Windows 10, a Good Morning alarm every day at 7 AM. By default this alarm is OFF, check the app to see if you have accidentally turned it ON:

Clock Has Alarm That I Did Not Set, and Can't Delete [​IMG]

Notice that if you find it to be ON, it is because you have at some point turned it ON by yourself. This default alarm is always OFF when Windows is installed or set up, Windows will never turn it ON by itself.

Kari, Mar 3, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    I can delete all alarms by right clicking on them.

Edwin, Mar 3, 2017
  6. gplea Win User
    I can ASSURE you I didn't set it. But I found the OFF switch. Thanks for your help.

gplea, Mar 4, 2017
  7. Kari Win User
    It is fully possible that you did not set it on. But then, of course, the only other option is that someone else signed in to your Windows user account and turned the alarm on. It is absolutely, completely impossible for it to turn itself on.

Fact is that a human has opened the Alarms & Clock app and turned the one and only default alarm on. Not Windows, not Microsoft.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clock Has Alarm That I Did Not Set, and Can't Delete - Similar Threads - Clock Has Alarm

2. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  3. Alarm Clock Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarm Clock Issue: Not that reference numbers really mean anything but here you go - [[ 1034096431 - alarm clock issue - every time I set my default audio from headset to surround, my alarm clock on my desktop stops working. I even sat and waited for it to go off yesterday morning and it never...
  4. Alarm and Clock

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Alarm and Clock: The notification appears for alarm and clock, in the form of a sound and a notification in the action center. However, after like 10 seconds, the alarm along with the notification just disappears. There is no information online about this issue so it is frustrating....
  5. Alarms & Clock App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock App: Why did the Alarms & Clock app increase the size of the Timer displays? They are huge compared to before, I used to manage timers in a small window, but now I have to enlarge the app to full screen to see just 6 timers. All I want to see is the name of the timer, the...
  6. Alarm Clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alarm Clock: Is there a alarm clock software for windows 10 that will let me listen to my music as i fall asleep and when the alarm goes off, it stops windows media player and has volume control so i can make the alarm maxed out? or is there a way to max the volume of said alarm clock...
  7. Alarm clock Alarm won't go on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alarm clock Alarm won't go on?: I have a desktop Windows 10, When I lock my Windows the Alarm won't go on. I did a test if my alarm works or not, and I found out that when the desktop is turned on than it will go on. Please help....
  8. Notifications of Alarms missed by Alarms & clock

Notifications of Alarms missed by Alarms & clock: Sometimes I miss alarms because my computer wasn't turned on. If I miss an alarm, I want the alarm notification to show when I turn on my computer. Will Alarms & Clock be able to catch missed alarms? how to replicate the issue: set alarm for next 2 minutes. turn off PC...
  9. Setting an icon for Alarms & Clock application

Setting an icon for Alarms & Clock application: Hi everyone, I'd like to give the Alarms & Clock application an icon, because right now when I run it, there's an empty square in my task bar. It seems like all the apps built into windows are lacking in icons, and this one is no exception.I made an icon file using an...
  10. Alarms & Clock

Alarms & Clock: Please help with a perplexing issue. Have been using this app with no issues and decided to redo my alarms so I deleted all alarms and reset some of them how ever suddenly I was receiving duplicate alarms. So decided to delete all alarms and timers. Now I am still getting...