Windows 10: Clock keeps going back one hour (DST still checked)

Discus and support Clock keeps going back one hour (DST still checked) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As title says. I live in UTC/GMT, and DST is on. For the past few weeks now, the clock seems to go back one hour, as if reporting normal time, yet the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by YawnGod, Sep 22, 2015.

1. YawnGod Win User

Clock keeps going back one hour (DST still checked)

As title says. I live in UTC/GMT, and DST is on. For the past few weeks now, the clock seems to go back one hour, as if reporting normal time, yet the daylight savings time option is still selected (and if I un-check it, it goes back two hours--one for the DST, and one from the going back by itself).

I have no idea why it does this, and it's actually f-ing with my schedules since I've been one hour late to a couple of things now due to this small but rather colossal error. I actually have to Google my time instead of looking at the bottom right corner, which is so ridiculous.

Anyone else getting this?

:)

YawnGod, Sep 22, 2015

2. Arizona time zone bug

Dear Danny L.,

I have a Dell Vostro desktop running Windows 7 in Scottsdale, AZ. Since Sunday, the time has been wrong. If I select Arizona time zone, the clock is one-hour fast. If I select Mountain time zone without the DST adjustment the clock is one-hour fast. If
    I select Mountain time zone with DST adjustment, the clock is two-hours fast. The work-around is to select Pacific time zone without DST adjustment. This can have nothing to do with automatic location detection since there is no GPS on this machine.

/s/ Alan Auerbach

AlanAuerbach, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Daylight Savings Time is making my clock show incorrect time

My guess is that "Automatically adjust" was not on when DST went into effect, you )or someone) saw that the clock was an hour off, and manually adjusted the clock. Now that DST is in effect, choosing "Automatically adjust" makes it appear off again. Simply
    turn on auto adjustment, manually set the clock one more time, and you shouldn't have issues again.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Sep 22, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Is the Time zone setting correct?

Ztruker, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Clock keeps going back one hour (DST still checked) - Similar Threads - Clock keeps going

2. Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock: I have a weird problem with clock in taskbar! I am using windows 11the time displayed in Date & Time settings is correct with daylight saving off, but clock in taskbar displays time with daylight saving +1 hour aheadI've tried everything like toggling on/off the daylight...
  3. Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock: I have a weird problem with clock in taskbar! I am using windows 11the time displayed in Date & Time settings is correct with daylight saving off, but clock in taskbar displays time with daylight saving +1 hour aheadI've tried everything like toggling on/off the daylight...
  4. Computer one hour back!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer one hour back!: I noticed my computer is one hour back when I turned my computer on this morning. I did not make any changes. Why did this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-one-hour-back/86e9f09a-643c-4b3f-99c0-bc4b39962e4a
  5. Computer one hour back!

Computer one hour back!: I noticed my computer is one hour back when I turned my computer on this morning. I did not make any changes. Why did this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-one-hour-back/86e9f09a-643c-4b3f-99c0-bc4b39962e4a
  6. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  7. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  8. Product Key keeps going back to last one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key keeps going back to last one: Hello, so recently I followed this dumb tutorial on how to get windows 10 for free, now I want to go back and uninstall it but every time I run the command it says its uninstalled, but a couple days after it keeps coming back and I have to run the command again. Its also a...
  9. Windows Clock out of sync by exactly one hour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Clock out of sync by exactly one hour: Hello, I received my new laptop today but I have one major issue that I cannot seem to fix: The Microsoft clock is one hour off on every single time zone. I have tried everything from this list https://windowsreport.com/fix-windows-10-clock/ but nothing seems to be...
  10. 12 hour clock on a surface go

in Windows 10 Customization
    12 hour clock on a surface go: is there a way to present time with a 12 hour clock instead of a 24 hour clock on a surface go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/12-hour-clock-on-a-surface-go/7987469d-3cd4-4164-8f03-a2c7004a5358