Windows 10: Clock keeps going back one hour (DST still checked)

Discus and support Clock keeps going back one hour (DST still checked) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As title says. I live in UTC/GMT, and DST is on. For the past few weeks now, the clock seems to go back one hour, as if reporting normal time, yet the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by YawnGod, Sep 22, 2015.

1. YawnGod Win User

Clock keeps going back one hour (DST still checked)

As title says. I live in UTC/GMT, and DST is on. For the past few weeks now, the clock seems to go back one hour, as if reporting normal time, yet the daylight savings time option is still selected (and if I un-check it, it goes back two hours--one for the DST, and one from the going back by itself).

I have no idea why it does this, and it's actually f-ing with my schedules since I've been one hour late to a couple of things now due to this small but rather colossal error. I actually have to Google my time instead of looking at the bottom right corner, which is so ridiculous.

Anyone else getting this?

:)

YawnGod, Sep 22, 2015

2. Arizona time zone bug

Dear Danny L.,

I have a Dell Vostro desktop running Windows 7 in Scottsdale, AZ. Since Sunday, the time has been wrong. If I select Arizona time zone, the clock is one-hour fast. If I select Mountain time zone without the DST adjustment the clock is one-hour fast. If
    I select Mountain time zone with DST adjustment, the clock is two-hours fast. The work-around is to select Pacific time zone without DST adjustment. This can have nothing to do with automatic location detection since there is no GPS on this machine.

/s/ Alan Auerbach

AlanAuerbach, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Daylight Savings Time is making my clock show incorrect time

My guess is that "Automatically adjust" was not on when DST went into effect, you )or someone) saw that the clock was an hour off, and manually adjusted the clock. Now that DST is in effect, choosing "Automatically adjust" makes it appear off again. Simply
    turn on auto adjustment, manually set the clock one more time, and you shouldn't have issues again.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Sep 22, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Is the Time zone setting correct?

Ztruker, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Clock keeps going back one hour (DST still checked) - Similar Threads - Clock keeps going

2. Clock is off by 1 hour???

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock is off by 1 hour???: Hi My wife noticed today when I was logging in that my clock on my log in page was shout 2:15PM when in fact it was 1:15PM. I merely thought that when I returned form Japan recently that I must have accidentally selected the wrong time zone but when I checked the time zone...
  3. 12 hour clock on a surface go

in Windows 10 Customization
    12 hour clock on a surface go: is there a way to present time with a 12 hour clock instead of a 24 hour clock on a surface go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/12-hour-clock-on-a-surface-go/7987469d-3cd4-4164-8f03-a2c7004a5358
  4. set 24 hour clock explorer

set 24 hour clock explorer: How do I set a 24 hour clock in Windows explorer so I can see my file saved times in this format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/set-24-hour-clock-explorer/5bcf1a73-e6c5-48da-92bd-fd361758f92c
  5. Hard Drive short DST check: Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive short DST check: Failed: Hi all, My hp laptop (bought in 2016) suddenly ran to problem "Your PC couldn't start properly" and i cannot reboot it again. When i ran the component test it shows Hard Drive short DST check: Failed. I have contacted the local hp service center. They were informed like...
  6. 2 Hours offset in OS clock.

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Hours offset in OS clock.: Hi, Windows's clock is always offsetted of 2 hours back in time, but the time zone is correct (GMT +1). Auto time set is enabled, disabling / reenabling it doesn't do anything (it actually gets stuck reenabling it, but if i close and reopen the settings app it enables the...
  7. will not boot.. keeps going back to windows 7

will not boot.. keeps going back to windows 7: I am unable to boot windows 10. When it goes through the recovery it keeps referencing windows 7. Not sure what to do at this time....
  8. 24 hour clock on lockscreen

24 hour clock on lockscreen: I pretty much have resolved all my niggling little issues with Windows 10.....I however can not seem to get the clock on the lockscreen to show as 24 hour clock. I have it set to 24 hour clock everywhere else but the lockscreen. In fact even in the preview for the lockscreen...
  9. Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed: So my laptop HP 14-ac136tu has been performing very slow for the last few months and so I decided to reset it but failed. When I turned it on again, it shows the hp logo then shows a black screen without cursor. I tried pressing the F2 before the logo starts and it directed...
  10. Upgrade Assistant keeps going back to 0%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Assistant keeps going back to 0%: When I click on the upgrade assistant link that magically appeared on my desktop I go through clicking the required buttons and the upgrade starts to download eventually (very slowly) it is obviously a very large file as after a while it burns up all my bandwidth so I have to...