Windows 10: Clock turned dark, invisible after update

Discus and support Clock turned dark, invisible after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While everything is white on the taskbar, the clock turned black and so became almost invisible after the last automatic update (today, sept 26, 2016).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fredledingue, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Clock turned dark, invisible after update

While everything is white on the taskbar, the clock turned black and so became almost invisible after the last automatic update (today, sept 26, 2016).
    Very annoying. Please help.

:)

Fredledingue, Sep 25, 2016

2. Clock issues - missing/invisible

After the recent update I've had 2 clock issues:

1) the clock on my second monitor has disappeared. I was happy to have a clock on both screens, now this one is gone.

2) the clock on my main monitor is now dark. It is there, but invisible. Also, why doesn't it have the date anymore?

Screen shot shows what it looks like when I hover over where the time should be in the task bar. I have already gone into the taskbar settings and turned the clock on and of multiple times.

Clock turned dark, invisible after update [​IMG]

Please help!

Thanks.

SenatorCraiggers, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Edge title bar buttons become pretty much invisible on enabling the dark theme.

After November update titlebar buttons (minimize, maximize / restore, close) in Edge become pretty much invisible on enabling the dark theme and
    this is how it looks. Is this happening for anybody else?

Jacopo Bellù, Sep 25, 2016
  4. Clock turned dark, invisible after update

FrillyBits, Sep 25, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Did you try rolling back to a System Restore point before the update was applied. That taskbar area is coded in to not change, unless you use some kind of theme. Even then Microsoft keeps making it harder for people to tweak the GUI to their taste, by using the updates to change it back to how they want it to be.

bro67, Sep 25, 2016
  6. Clock turned dark, invisible after update [​IMG]

Here is how it looks like. PLease note that my monitor screen is set to "dark", and in this mode the clock is all but invisible. It's barely visible when I reset my screen brightness to "default" but I don't want to do that.

I remember that I used a patch (a registry hack) to get borders to windows, but it was not affecting the taskbar.

Before the last update, the clock was white. yet I'm not going to roll back an update for that. There must be a solution.

Thanks for your help.

Fredledingue, Sep 26, 2016
  7. I found something: In the "Taskbar and Navigation" dialog, when selecting "Taskbar" there is an option to "use small taskbar buttons". If I disable this the clock become white as well as windows captions. I had the problem of having windows caption too dark a long time ago but I grew adapted as nobody had an answer for this.
    The problem is that disabling making button smaller makes them bigger and I lose too much space on my taskbar. I realy don't want button larger.

Fredledingue, Sep 26, 2016
  8. Clock turned dark, invisible after update

Ok, I see.
    My visual problem was a bit different to you, I was having problems with the clock/calendar popup.
    Still, I will tell you what I did and you can give it a try, might help.
    • Go to Settings > Personalization > Colors
    • Turn Off Show color on Start, taskbar and action center If it's already off try turning on.
    • Your accent color looks the same as mine (light blue) but if necessary choose a new Accent color a light one would probably be best but not Automatic.

Good luck *Smile

FrillyBits, Sep 26, 2016
  9. Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, in my case the taskbar remains dark no matter what option I choose.

Fredledingue, Sep 28, 2016
  10. guestde Win User
    guestde, Oct 27, 2016
  11. Thanks, I'll try it!For the moment I use the large taskbar buttons and got used to it. *Wink

Fredledingue, Oct 27, 2016
  12. guestde Win User
Thema:

Clock turned dark, invisible after update

1. Clock turned dark, invisible after update - Similar Threads - Clock turned dark

2. Invisible Clock and Calendar on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invisible Clock and Calendar on Taskbar: For the past few days, the clock and calendar on my taskbar are invisible. When I mouse over the blank space where they should be it shows me the date, and when I click in the blank space the clock and calendar come up like normal. Did I deselect a setting somewhere?...
  3. Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update

Dark Mode turning itself off after installing 1903 update: Since I update to 1903 I keep having this issue where the dark mode is turning itself off randomly. I have not found anything specific happening at the time i just boot up and default app mode turns to light. I set this back to dark and i am fine for awhile again could be...
  4. why my clock on taskbar is dark?

why my clock on taskbar is dark?: help, everything in my taskbar icon is white, except for clock and date.. how to change it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-clock-on-taskbar-is-dark/eff6bb83-b35a-4b3c-a17f-1afb8b845122
  5. Windows 10 Clock is missing, invisible or black

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Clock is missing, invisible or black: [ATTACH] Windows Updates do bring in new features and improvements, but sometimes they introduce problems as well. The main reason for new bugs arising being incompatibility between old and new software components. One such issue that we are going to talk [...] This post...
  6. Taskbar clock turned black after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar clock turned black after Windows update: After Windows update, the clock on my taskbar turned black and I am able to see it only when I hover a mouse. But the second extended screen shows it white. Any ideas?...
  7. Dark mode after Update

Dark mode after Update: [ATTACH] I was trying to change my laptop theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black and the font text is black too. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? please help me...
  8. Dark mode after Update

Dark mode after Update: [ATTACH] I was trying to change my laptop theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black and the font text is black too. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? please help me...
  9. Invisible Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invisible Updates: Windows 10 version 1803 has been out for five months now. Why are two of my three computers still on 1709 showing as Up to Date? To clarify, I'm not looking for a way to manually update the two systems, I want you guys (Microsoft) to fix things on your end so that all my...
  10. Invisible Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Invisible Update: I am attempting to load the Windows Insider Update 18204.1001. Presently on the pc is 180706-1551. The update says it is ready for restart. When I attempt restart, the computer boots with no changes made. I have used a scheduled time and a force restart with same results....