Windows 10: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Discus and support CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting this message for a while already. This happened not long after I moved (which was right at the end of last month), but not before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UekiShurei, Nov 27, 2015.

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

I've been getting this message for a while already. This happened not long after I moved (which was right at the end of last month), but not before then. I thought it was the Wi-Fi adapter driver, so I uninstalled its driver and downloaded a new one from the manufacturer's website to no avail. I ran Windbg, and it returned an inconclusive analysis.

Feel free to ask anything you need from me in order to solve this problem.

Attachment 50861

:)

UekiShurei, Nov 27, 2015
  2. Samad08 Win User

PC restarts when idle

Hi,

I have an ASUS ROG-GL752VW laptop with windows 10. I am facing this issue for the past two weeks and i believe that this issue began after a routine update. Whenever i leave my PC for 5 minutes ( i have set 5 minutes for the display to turn off) and the
    display goes off, the PC restarts by itself. It doesn't happen when i am using it, I play games for 3-4 hours continuously and it runs fine. The problem occurs only when i leave it idle.

Is there someone having this problem and can guide me how to solve it ?

Thanks !

Samad08, Nov 27, 2015
  3. CJLim Win User
    Nokia N73 Pairing with BMW error

Start pairing. After you enter the code, leave everything alone so as not to interrupt the data upload for around 5-10 minutes.

CJLim, Nov 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code: BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 2001 , 7/8/2011[/quote] Attachment 51031

5. Thanks for replying, axe. I've tried what you suggested. I'll see how it goes.

I also cleaned the heatsink and fans in case that also had to do with the crash.

UekiShurei, Nov 28, 2015
  6. I tried leaving my computer on overnight, and the crash doesn't happen anymore. Thanks for helping!

UekiShurei, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes - Similar Threads - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Leaving Minutes

2. PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so: After clicking shutdown button nothing happen on the computer. It will just freeze and you can cant click on anything. After couple of minutes 5 minutes is the minimum it will turn off or restart normally. If I shutdown the computer again it will do the same process. This...
  3. PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so: After clicking shutdown button nothing happen on the computer. It will just freeze and you can cant click on anything. After couple of minutes 5 minutes is the minimum it will turn off or restart normally. If I shutdown the computer again it will do the same process. This...
  4. PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes: Hello, the freezing started a week ago and happens once a day. I tried the chkdsk command and the command for repairing image in PowerShell. The HDD is set to never turn off. System SSD and HDD for games are both fine. Do you have any suggestions? Edit: took a look in event...
  6. PC crashing after 5 minutes in any game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashing after 5 minutes in any game.: Thread in driver message appears with BSOD. New PC, updated, reformatted, updated again, stripped, updated. CONSTANTLY CRASHING THE MORE I DO TO FIX IT AND THE PC MANUFACTURER 5 year warranty with IRONSIDES REFUSES TO CONTACT OR HELP ME FOR 6+ MONTHS NOW. Sorry for yelling,...
  7. Internet drops after 3-5 minutes after PC start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet drops after 3-5 minutes after PC start: Hi all, Have that issue for couple of days and I feel hopeless right now. Description: PC, Windows 10 Pro 1909, Intel i7 4770K, 2x Nvidia GPU, Ethernet 1Gb/s A couple of minutes after PC boot, the Internet become unavailable. The only sign I can see is "ERR_TIMED_OUT"...
  8. Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes

Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes: Hello My Windows 10 has got a problem after updating to 2004 version that there was not in 1809 . So this is my problem : When I leave my laptop for approximately 2 or 5 minutes , windows stops working , It is something like locking ; in this situation keyboard and touch...
  9. New Built PC freeze 5 minutes after use and "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_" crash

New Built PC freeze 5 minutes after use and "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_" crash: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LkjcvW **Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.** Just built this last night and installed Windows 10 Home on my SSD. All seemed to be going well. Unfortunately, after 5-10 minutes of use, it will either...
  10. PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay: Bought a gaming PC for Christmas and each time I load a game it plays for approximately 5 minutes before freezing and the PC restarts. I have updated windows 10, ran diagnostics for memory and graphics card and updated drivers where necessary. all diagnostics checks come back...