Windows 10: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among a multitude of other problems

Discus and support CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among a multitude of other problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Man, I don't even know what to do with this computer anymore... Just a few days ago, out of the blue, my laptop blue screens with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by themaster402, Jan 28, 2017.

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among a multitude of other problems

Man, I don't even know what to do with this computer anymore... Just a few days ago, out of the blue, my laptop blue screens with the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error every other startup, literally. Google Chrome is refusing to open. I have done a System Restore, a sfc /scannow, Windows and driver updating, but to no avail. I apologize if I'm being a bit of a pain by not supplying vital information that I did not type here, but it seems my story of PC problems will be perpetual, this one being another in a series of odd problems with my laptop.

Half the time, upon opening games, the laptop lags severely then just freezes.

I've heard this error can appear from a virus, and I'm fully aware that viruses could strike me anytime with the quantity of potentially harmful things I download. Bitdefender, however, has supposedly cleaned out all viruses.

:)

themaster402, Jan 28, 2017

2. Memory diagnostic results

My pc crashes on a multitude of games, while on others it never seems to crash at all. Most of the time it simply crashes to desktop while other times I get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod.

Ward van der Zanden, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Multiple BSOD Problems (maybe caused by Hardware, Driver)

And another BSOD. This time "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)". I uploaded the DMP File to the Subfolder.

Abaddon287, Jan 28, 2017
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among a multitude of other problems

A couple of suggestions. Check to see that laptop air vents are not blocked and that the fan inside your laptop is working properly. If the laptop is on battery, it may be time to replace that battery pack.

Ak

alkaufmann, Jan 28, 2017
  5. Tried a couple of decently intensive tasks that did not kill the PC, as well as adjust the fan speeds from inside the HP Omen Control application. The fans seem to be working fine. If it is the battery, I'm confused about why it's lifespan is ending just 1.5 years after it was bought.

themaster402, Jan 28, 2017
  6. If your laptop is plugged in then it is not the battery pack. As for the battery lifespan I think it depends how many times the batteries have been recharged.

Good luck solving the problem. I just had a similar problem clock watchdog timeout with my main PC and it was caused by faulty software controlling my cpu and case fans.

Ak

alkaufmann, Jan 28, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    The dump indicates a problem with Netwbw02.sys.
    Code: ffff8200`2d329228 fffff806`2a261fd1*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwbw02.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwbw02.sys Netwbw02+0x161fd1[/quote] That belongs to your Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260 driver dated 2015-02-22.

You have a HP OMEN Notebook PC 15 laptop, what is the full model number, 15-??????

Need to check for a newer driver for the Intel device.

Ztruker, Jan 29, 2017
  8. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among a multitude of other problems

I updated the Intel Wireless driver, and it seems the issue(s) are fixed for now (I have no idea how that works). The laptop's exact model is HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5002nx (ENERGY STAR)

Edit: However, Google Chrome is still refusing to launch. It may not be related to this at all, but that seems unlikely.

themaster402, Jan 29, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Uninstall Chrome via Control Panel, Programs and Features then download and install the latest Chrome, see if that helps.

See here: Uninstall Google Chrome

Ztruker, Jan 29, 2017
  10. Chrome is now working. Unfortunately, I have found out absolutely for sure that the blue screen happens every two startups the hard way. The startup in which I said the PC is now working fine was in one of the startups where it did not bluescreen. I'm just about ready to smash this stubborn thing, it's forcing me to revive this thread, too.

I have to type this because the forum thinks I didn't type anything.

themaster402, Feb 1, 2017
  11. It seems the CPU is having a issue with staying with the workload usually this happens when the cpu is unstable or been overclocked

Your CPU may be giving up the Ghost just saying

solarstarshines, Feb 1, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Run dm_log_collector and post the zip file if you have more BSODs.

Ztruker, Feb 1, 2017
  13. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among a multitude of other problems

We have a newcomer on the BSOD scene, along with the watchdog timeout. "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (netwbw02.sys)

Random freezing for absolutely no reason while doing mundane tasks, too.

The CPU cannot be dying so early (it has never been overclocked), though I will say that the laptop suffered physical damage to the screen upon an unfortunate knocking off the desk, but has been working fine otherwise for months until now.

themaster402, Feb 3, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Dump from 2/4 9:46AM shows a problem with Netwbw02.sys.
    Code: BugCheck D1, {118, 2, 0, fffff80e7c299dca} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwbw02.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwbw02.sys Probably caused by : Netwbw02.sys ( Netwbw02+39dca )[/quote] Driver Description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver - Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
    Driver Update Site: Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

The one you have now, Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260, is dated Tue Nov 3 09:30:10 2015. The web site has a 1/18/2017 driver available. Download and install that, see if it helps.

Ztruker, Feb 3, 2017
  15. Sorry to bother everyone with these periodic updates, but the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD just happened two times in a row while starting up. I'm afraid my laptop will eventually enter an infinite boot loop or the likes.

themaster402, Feb 11, 2017
Thema:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among a multitude of other problems

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among a multitude of other problems - Similar Threads - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD among

2. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and 2 other BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and 2 other BSOD: Hi I have recurring problem with my pc. Whiling Im playing games I get a clock_watchdog_timeout bsod about every hour. This sometimes happens without putting stress on pc. I already tried most of the recommended fixes in the internet, but non of them helped this...
  3. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and 2 other BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and 2 other BSOD: Hi I have recurring problem with my pc. Whiling Im playing games I get a clock_watchdog_timeout bsod about every hour. This sometimes happens without putting stress on pc. I already tried most of the recommended fixes in the internet, but non of them helped this...
  4. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: BSOD'd with this error. I've crashed many times with no bsod. The computer screen locks followed by a short static soundsometimes. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  5. Multitude of BSOD's with IRQL error

Multitude of BSOD's with IRQL error: I have been experiencing some serious BSOD having to do with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Upon researching the issue, I found a thread on the topic that suggested BlueScreenViewer. I began reading the dump files and seeing ntoskrnl.exe as a culprit. Doing more research after this,...
  6. Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. - log v2 Windows 10 1909 18363.1016 I've upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600, with new mobo and DDR4 ram to boot. Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I got multiple BSOD of the...
  7. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD: Hello All, My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour. The error...
  8. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout: So I got this bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. PC froze at 30% while it was auto restarting. Added 2 more ram sticks and this happens a day after. Had issue with the ram's software (to control RGB). They are G.skill Trident Z RGB. Installed the software after adding ram, pc...
  9. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games: Hi, I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike...
  10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate: I have been receiving this BSOD since about the second week of successfully building my computer, almost a year ago. The drivers that caused the error always vary, but ntoskrnl.exe was the most recent offender. Though my computer crashes usually with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,...