Windows 10: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games

Discus and support CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everybody, I've been struggling with this issue for a while, I thought I resolved it a few months ago but it has come back and I'm out of ideas.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sgt Skinner, Jan 6, 2017.

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games

Hey everybody,

I've been struggling with this issue for a while, I thought I resolved it a few months ago but it has come back and I'm out of ideas.

Ever since upgrading to Win10 at the start of last year I've started getting Clock Watchdog Timeout BSODs. After searching everywhere for a solution I gave up and went back to Win7 which continues to work without any problems. After a few months I discovered my Ethernet card was faulty and I replaced it, I was experiencing a couple of minor stability issues with my computer at the time but this resolved everything. So I thought I'd give Win10 another go on a new SSD. It worked perfectly with all my games working fine except Star Citizen which would get Clock Watchdog Timeouts after about 30min. This was fine by me as I could run it without BSODing on my Win7 HDD. Things have been running like this up until a couple of months ago when I installed BF1 (and it's summer here now so the heat might have something to do with it too). BF1 will now BSOD after about 30min as well as COH 2. The computer will also become more unstable on the boot after one of these BSODs with a BSOD while the computer is idling likely to occur within about an hour. I moved BF1 to the Win7 HDD and it runs mostly fine there, but if I change HDDs after a Win10 BSOD BF1 will cause a BSOD on Win7 but will run fine after that.

I've tried removing my old card reader and my old old sound card but it made no difference to the problem. I've also tried playing with drivers and keeping them as updated as possible. My computer is overclocked and has been running unchanged and stable for the last 5 years. I feel this has probably got something to do with the problem but I'm reluctant to return to stock speeds as this overclock is keeping the computer running the latest titles and without it I'd just be buying a new computer anyway. So if the overclock is likely to be the problem, any suggestions that could stabilise this overclock would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to any suggestions that could fix this long lasting problem of mine.

Cheers,
    Jason

:)

Sgt Skinner, Jan 6, 2017
  2. NaniKpr Win User

Computer BSODs

I have had BSODs with clock_watchdog_timeout, or just computer freezing while playing games on browser that used Macromedia Flash on a totally fresh start after a full system format. I got clock_watchdog_timeout error before the format, built a new rig using
    old Hard Drives, and GPU from previous PC.

I tried uninstalling Flash, uninstalling browser(Chrome), uninstalled audio drivers. Reinstalled Chrome, tried again. And same hard freeze/clock_watchdog_timeout every time.

Minidump always identifies a different program as the fault. One time it was Chrome, one time it was Steam, and so on. Ran driver verifier, ran multiple Flash games and after a while driver verifier produced a BSOD. Speccy64 was also running during this,
    and the dump identifies it as the program. The first link has this dump, and another dump that was from the time before Speccy64 was installed.

So far, Macromedia Flash is the only reliable freeze/bsod causer besides Speccy. I've played World of Tanks on max settings, and other intensive video games, and not a single freeze or bsod during them. Nothing came up during memtest. Prime 95, less than
    2 minutes of running and bsod. Noted nothing happening on worker8, and prime95 simply said error for it. Checked CPU and Motherboard, no bent pins. Cpu had plenty of thermal paste, even got it on my fingers taking it off.

[edit]Odd, the process of taking off the CPU to inspect it, then putting it back on seems to have fixed the issue for prime95. Worker8 is now working and prime95 did not bsod the computer when running it for 10 minutes. However turning on driver verifier
    then rebooting produced WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124). Starting up after that, no error. Second link is the minidump for this.

Tried running multiple macromedia flash games during driver verification, computer bsodded just when I started Speccy64. 3rd link is memory and minidump for this instance, would seem to link Speccy64 as a reliable BSOD causer. Uninstalled it and trying to
    BSOD with just Macromedia Flash right now. So far, games that previously reliably produced a BSOD before cpu inspection are not doing so, but will have to test for this longer given previously they sometimes ran without issue.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8-core

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 285 O.C. 2 Gt GDDR5

Memory: Four Corsair Vengeance 4 GB PC3-12800, 1600MHz, 240 DIMM 4 GB modules

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 990X

PSU: Corsair CX750W V2 CX-series 750 W

Windows Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 120 Gt 2,5" SATA3

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQfRFRSpxeDyNVnY

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQhOBKx_xYLli2Bf

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQkktIknys9xEcRO

NaniKpr, Jan 6, 2017
  3. Heating Up while Playing Game & using Application & Battery Draining very fast

If you are play a game like that online, it is using a lot of data connection and thus the radio will get warm (maybe even hot depending on intensity of use).

I'm assuming you do not get that issue when playing a game loaded on your device. However, if you do play a memory intensive game loaded on your device, it could get warm but it is not an issue with the device. Not to worry!

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 6, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games

Please remove all overclocking for the CPU/GPU/RAM!

axe0, Jan 6, 2017
  5. Never mind, a slight increase to the vcore solved all my problems.

Thanks anyway,
    Jason

Sgt Skinner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While Playing Hardware Intensive Games - Similar Threads - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD While

2. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  3. BSOD playing No Man's Sky : Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

BSOD playing No Man's Sky : Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hey, I'm having recurent Clock_Watchdog_Timeout BSOD while playing No Man's Sky. I tried to go through the MEMORY.DMP with WinDbg but it tells me that the dump is corrupted. Actually when the BSOD occurs it blocks on 15% (I let it there for more than an hour with no...
  4. BSOD playing Revalation Online (and other hardware intensive games)

BSOD playing Revalation Online (and other hardware intensive games): Hi, I have BSOD now and then, like one per day. Typically during computer games, on Firefox runs quite unlikely or even never. Some time ago I had far more of them and it was solved by installing huge CPU fan for ~30 eur. But still I get BSOD now and then. I got one yesterday...
  5. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games: Hello. Im getting this BSOD while playing games, randomly. Most of the time it happens late in the game session. I need to know if its a driver issue or a hardware-overclocking issue. My i7 4770k is at 4.7ghz at 1.29v, but it seems stable, besides Im not getting the typical...
  6. BSOD when playing games intensive games 0x00000124

BSOD when playing games intensive games 0x00000124: A friend of mine is having bsod issues when playing certain games, example: Rainbox six siege, Battlefield One (BETA) and a few others. Wondering if anyone can give us a clue as to the cause. Windows Format is done, but to no avail, memtest has been run, and disk...
  7. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT playing any Game: Constantly getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, while playing anything. GTA V it happens 10-20 minutes of starting the program. CS:GO it crashes 20-30 minutes later. I've tried analyzing the DMP files but they point to ntkrnlmp.exe. I've reloaded the OS on the entire PC...
  8. BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hello Everyone, I have been getting the BSOD lately. It has been happening when playing Civilization 6. The latest one had the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Tim 104590
  9. BSOD's when playing graphic intensive games

BSOD's when playing graphic intensive games: Hi TenForums! First of all, this is my first post here, although I've followed many threads before without an account. I hope I come to be of value to this community. The main reason I'm writing though is another: I purchased a Clevo P650RG laptop, and I going crazy...
  10. Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e

Playing any game (Clock_watchdog_timeout) and then (irql_not_less_or_e: Hello, I am at my wits end. Originally while playing a game I started about 6 months ago I started getting Clock_watchdog_timeout bsod. Now it has progressively gotten worse to the point of I could only play a game for about 15min. It was doing this while I had Win 7. I...