Windows 10: Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

Discus and support Clock_Watchdog_Timeout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built a new PC with a Ryzen 1800X, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by drizzt2018, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

I built a new PC with a

Ryzen 1800X,

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon,

Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD,

2 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14D32GTZ

Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80+ Platinum PSU

From the very first time I started it up, with no other software installed, I was getting that error. I looked it up and saw that it indicated hardware conflicts so piece by piece I replaced all of my components. After each one was replaced I kept getting the same error until I had replaced all of them with brand new parts. The longest I could keep the pc up before it froze and/or rebooted was 32 minutes. To determine if it was still a hardware issue i downloaded ubuntu onto an usb drive and ran that for almost 2.5 hours.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, updated as far as the pc would allow it to go. I will be happy to add the debug logs if I can get that pc to stay up long enough to get them.

:)

drizzt2018, Aug 14, 2018
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code: BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 2001 , 7/8/2011[/quote] Attachment 51031

3. Blue screen error with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error code.

Hi Charlie,

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error can be caused by a faulty processor. This error may also be triggered by an outdated driver. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you consider the following:

• Ensure that your CPU's temperature is within standard and nothing is overheating.
    • Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting or to clear overclock settings.
    • Update your BIOS.
    • Run
      Windows Update
      to install the latest driver on your system.

Note: For steps 2 & 3, it's best to get an assistance from your system manufacturer to ensure that all settings will be properly configured.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Hi Elijah,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• When do you exactly get the error “CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT”? Is it while you access the Internet through Internet Explorer/EDGE browser/randomly while using your computer?

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    Reference: Meanwhile, you may follow the suggestions provided by
    ZigZag3143(Windows IT Pro MS -MVP) on November 28, 2014 and check if it helps.

clock watchdog timeout - computer freezes

clock watchdog timeout - computer freezes

Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

1. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout - Similar Threads - Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

2. Error blue screen Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error blue screen Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hi, I had this error when starting the game Sea of Thieves from Steam. I checked online and saw a similar post with the same problem but didn't see a resolution to the problem. Could you help me? I have an i9-13900k with 16 DDR5 6000 MHz RAM. If necessary I will send the...
  3. Error blue screen Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error blue screen Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hi, I had this error when starting the game Sea of Thieves from Steam. I checked online and saw a similar post with the same problem but didn't see a resolution to the problem. Could you help me? I have an i9-13900k with 16 DDR5 6000 MHz RAM. If necessary I will send the...
  4. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  5. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  6. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

7. Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: I shut down and updated my windows system like normal and got a BSOD with an error code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, it was sending diagnostics and constantly got stuck on 85% and 66% after waiting an absurd amount of time. I restarted a few times, hoping that the update would...
  8. Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: I shut down and updated my windows system like normal and got a BSOD with an error code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, it was sending diagnostics and constantly got stuck on 85% and 66% after waiting an absurd amount of time. I restarted a few times, hoping that the update would...
  9. Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

10. Keep getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Blue Screen: Hi, I've recently upgraded my CPU, Motherboard and RAM and I've experienced this perticular bluescreen twice already in the last couple of days. Here is the minidump file from the most recent crash. I don't know how to attach files here so I uploaded it to...