Windows 10: clone the Scanner driver for Brother MFC665CW

Discus and support clone the Scanner driver for Brother MFC665CW in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After lots of hiding behind bombastic sales-blurbs, Brother admits that my trusted 9-year old printer won't be able to scan over the network into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andrewsc, Jul 4, 2016.

1. andrewsc Win User

clone the Scanner driver for Brother MFC665CW

After lots of hiding behind bombastic sales-blurbs, Brother admits that my trusted 9-year old printer won't be able to scan over the network into Windows 10 (they only support USB connection for W10).

But one of the computers in my home knows better. It happily scans from my networked Brother printer-scanner, over WiFi. This computer started life as Windows 7, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 in December 2015. By now I got two other machines running Windows 10, and they can't scan. Actually, the scanner is recognised in both PaperPort 9 and the Windows Scan program. But they are unable to receive any data from the scanner.

Is there any way to somehow clone the scanner-related files from the computer which works to the one(s) which doesn't work ? One of the targets is a new creation, freshly upgraded from 7 to 10 on an otherwise empty disk. So, it's a low-risk exercise, there is nothing to lose if I stuff up the destination. But I'm hanging on to the "source" which works.

:)

andrewsc, Jul 4, 2016

2. Scanners and Cameras missing

Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483)

Did not make any changes to my computer (Just had a SSD installed and cloned old HD), but I remember it was working after that

Trouble shooting: Tries Scanners and Cameras - does not bring up anything

Does not show up under Control Panel

Does not show under Device Manager either

Device manager shows Imaging Devices though

I can bring up 'Printers and Scanners' not 'Scanners and Cameras"

Brother printer has latest driver so does Lenovo Camera

Printer is Brother DCP-L2540DW

Thanks for the help

TSrinivasan, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Cannot change Scanner IP in Windows 10 on Brother MFC 8480DN

When I scan, I get the error message that the scanner is not connected. Under Windows 7 I could search "scan" and the item "View scanners and cameras" would appear. I would click on this and the properties box would appear allowing me to input the Brother
    Printer IP address in for the scanner and then the scanner would work. The drivers per Brother are current for Windows 10. I cannot use this same technique to input the Brother MFC printer IP address into the Brother MFC scanner properties because I cannot
    find the scanner properties. HOW do I find these properties so I can input the IP address. Sometimes an update would wipe out the scanner IP and I would have to input it manually. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Brother MFC drivers does not automatically
    repair the scanner properties. I usually find that the IP address field is blank which subsequently causes the "MFC-8480DN LAN cannot be found" error message. PLEASE.. tell me how to find this setting in Windows 10.

kittymeatloaf, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

clone the Scanner driver for Brother MFC665CW

1. clone the Scanner driver for Brother MFC665CW - Similar Threads - clone Scanner driver

2. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  3. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  4. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with Brother Scanner

Problem with Brother Scanner: I have an MFC-L2700WD printer/scanner, connected to 2 Dell computers via home wifi network. I can print from both machines, but scan from only one. From the Brother utitilies I get "The scanner isn't available. Make sure the device is turned on and is connected to your...
  6. Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW

Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW: Is Brother printer/scanner MFC5895CW compatible to Windows 10? The device is installed, the printer works but not the scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner-mfc5895cw/ac8d25f6-539c-4d71-9b13-f82cd9d0b732
  7. Brother printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brother printer/scanner: Can anybody help? I have just come back from holiday and the scanner appears to have stopped working. I am using the ControlCentre4 and it keeps coming up with an error code saying printer not found. The code is CC4-202. The printer is being picked up when I print and...
  8. Brother printer/scanner: "Scanner can't be found" and I'm unable to install driver.

Brother printer/scanner: "Scanner can't be found" and I'm unable to install driver.: Hi. I have a brother printer/scanner. It has been working fine on Windows 10 since I bought it however suddenly today, after wanting to scan something, it told me that the scanner couldn't be found. I can print, I can see the ink remaining - can't scan. I spent over 2 hours...
  9. icon for brothers printer and scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon for brothers printer and scanner: I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-brothers-printer-and-scanner/6a922a25-07f4-4e47-9e18-dc8741020eb6
  10. Brother printer scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer scanner: The printer works ok, but I cant scan/file or email. The message I get is "Unable to write the file to destination folder Brother say its a Microsoft issue. I am the sole user of my computer, and the only administrator Its so bad, I will have to buy another printer as...