Windows 10: clone

Discus and support clone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi need a little advice,ive bought a laptop replaced the drive with a SSD. managed to clone the hard drive to the SSD which worked fine [Windows 10].I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by baccini, Dec 30, 2016.

1. baccini Win User

clone

Hi need a little advice,ive bought a laptop replaced the drive with a SSD. managed to clone the hard drive to the SSD which worked fine [Windows 10].I now have the original 2tb drive which I would like to fomat and use for storage but also keep a copy of the original laptop drive on a 3.5 drive. I have a usb dock that takes 2.5 and 3.5 drives.Acronis true image 2015.

:)

baccini, Dec 30, 2016

2. CLONE, CLONE, CLONE !

Hello everybody,

Before upgrading, clone your system disk !

I read too many posts from people having upgraded and who cannot rollback with the W10 rollback function.

If only they haved cloned...

Two solutions are better than one.

Thierry DUGUET, Dec 30, 2016
  3. qinada Win User
    Clone a 1 Tb drive to a 512 Mb SSC

Hi Vaughn,

You can
    clone larger HDD to small SSD
    with a professional disk cloning software as long as the used space is smaller than the SSD. You will not worry it will clone the unused space unless you use sector by sector clone mode.

I suggest you to clone your HDD to SSD with AOMEI Backupper, if the used space is larger than the SSD, you can clone only the OS to SSD and keep the HDD as data storage. This software is very easy to operate.

qinada, Dec 30, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

clone

That's simple just create disk images of c on the drive you will get a lot of images on there so you can have up-to-date backups

Samuria, Dec 30, 2016
  5. baccini Win User
    Just thinking could I partition the drive and keep the original windows,use the rest for storage?

baccini, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

clone

1. clone - Similar Threads - clone

2. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  3. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  4. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280: Scared to death of catastrophic Op Sys SSD failure Only one slot on motherboard for SSD m.2 2280 I’m hoping this project of me making an exact copy of my hard drive which only has operating system and a couple of programs on it. I will be able to achieve if this one fails...
  6. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280: Scared to death of catastrophic Op Sys SSD failure Only one slot on motherboard for SSD m.2 2280 I’m hoping this project of me making an exact copy of my hard drive which only has operating system and a couple of programs on it. I will be able to achieve if this one fails...
  7. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  9. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  10. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...