Windows 10: Cloned disk and Windows 10 liscensing

Discus and support Cloned disk and Windows 10 liscensing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Asus desktop PC with a Windows 10 pro OEM license. I bought a Gigabyte Brix Pro and cloned the hard drive in the Asus to a SSD for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Raj174, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Raj174 Win User

Cloned disk and Windows 10 liscensing

Hello,
    I have an Asus desktop PC with a Windows 10 pro OEM license. I bought a Gigabyte Brix Pro and cloned the hard drive in the Asus to a SSD for the Brix. Installed the SSD in the Brix and booted with no internet connection all works fine. I bought a Windows 10 pro retail license for the Brix. My question is when I connect the Brix to the internet to enter the new license will it affect the licensing on the Asus PC when Microsoft sees the OEM license on a different PC? I just want to be sure before I proceed.

Thanks

:)

Raj174, Mar 24, 2017

2. hard drive

If you already have Windows 10 running on the computer, use disk clone to clone the disk using Macrium Reflect.

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

Make sure the disk has enough space.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 24, 2017
  3. ditigial liscense for activation

How do I activate the digital liscense for windows 10? I have completed update and troubleshooting. Still not sure.

rhondahightower, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Cloned disk and Windows 10 liscensing

I think you will be OK, but Other more knowledgeable members on licensing will be here shortly.

storageman, Mar 24, 2017
  5. My guess is that you may have a problem since OEM license is only good on the original machine. If MS detects a major change, the license is null on the new machine.

CADesertRat, Mar 24, 2017
  6. Raj174 Win User
    That would be ok, since I have a retail license for the new machine. My concern is, will that null the license on the old machine.

Is it possible to enter the new key code before I connect to the internet?

Raj174, Mar 24, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    It won't affect the license on the old computer at all. If you want to install the new product key before connecting to the internet you can open a Command Prompt (Admin) and run:

slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cloned disk and Windows 10 liscensing

1. Cloned disk and Windows 10 liscensing - Similar Threads - Cloned disk liscensing

2. Disk Cloning Nightmare

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cloning Nightmare: I just got a new 1TB SSD so I can replace my absolutely terrible 1TB HDD. Completely starting over on a fresh install of Windows is kind of my last resort, so I’ve been trying to clone everything over. However, because my HDD is 3-4 years old and has done more than enough of...
  3. Disk cloning and backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning and backup: I have a Windows 10 PC with a 250 gb SSD. I also have an external 250 SSD. Is there software that will allow me to clone the internal drive to the external for disaster recovery and then have all future disk writes go to both drives so that they are always identical?...
  4. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning: I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I am attempting to clone the 128gb SSD onto the HDDin pc and when I receive the new 1tb SDD I am thinking to clone from the...
  5. Windows 10 unpaid no liscensed version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 unpaid no liscensed version.: Hey I’m aware that the best thing to do is buy a liscensed version of either windows home or pro. I was wondering if I had the unpaid version does water mark go away while gaming or watching videos? submitted by /u/joshie1994 [link] [comments]...
  6. Disk Image/Clone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Image/Clone: Hello, I am looking for an easy to use disk image / Clone software. I deploy about 2-3 systems per week, all which have the same configuration. FileMaker, HyperTerminal, MS Office, printer drivers and a few other apps. Does anyone have any recommendations for a software...
  7. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk cloning: How to transfer information from Computer 1 to Computer 2? My understanding how to do this is outlined as follows but I am not entirely sure this process would work. Existing Computer 1: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; have USB flash drive 1 with Windows 10 installation media...
  8. Transfer Windows Liscense

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows Liscense: Is there a way I can transfer my Windows 10 Pro license on my laptop to my desktop and my Windows 10 Home on my desktop to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-liscense/bd1a0a2e-2656-4159-b692-559ddd51dc79"
  9. Windows 10 Digital Liscense issue.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital Liscense issue.: I used to have a laptop with Windows 10 professional. It was upgraded with Windows 7 into Windows 10. My Microsoft online account confirms this because the PC is still listed under my devices and the last known update was some time around late 2017. I have a new laptop that...
  10. cloning win 10 os disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning win 10 os disk: Evening folks. I have a win 7 pc which I clone with Norton Ghost 15 on boot cd which gets me out of trouble regularly especially when trying new software out. I also have a win 10 laptop which does not work with NGhost, presumably because of the UEFI file system or...