Windows 10: Cloning to USB memory stick

Discus and support Cloning to USB memory stick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Partition Wizard is bootable from usb and allows the cloning of hard drives. Can I clone a ssd to USB memory stick and clone the USB back to the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rdwray, Sep 3, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

Cloning to USB memory stick

Partition Wizard is bootable from usb and allows the cloning of hard drives. Can I clone a ssd to USB memory stick and clone the USB back to the hard drive as a precaution against ssd failure?

:)

rdwray, Sep 3, 2018

2. Cannot get Win10 to recognize a 128g usb memory stick.

Hello Brad,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Which device are you using?
    • Are you receiving any error message when you're trying to connect your USB Memory Stick?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Looking forward to your response.

Michael Rey, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Problem with usb port and old memory stick

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• Does the issue occur when u try with different USB drive?
    • Did you install all the pending Windows update?

I suggest you to first try and check with different USB Memory stick and check if the same issue occurs. Also try using your current USB memory stick in different USB port and check. Also install all the pending Windows
    updates and check. You can also try using the Memory stick on another system and check if its working fine.

For now, you can try updating the drivers of the Memory Stick and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to update drivers from the Device Manager:

1. Right click on
    Start button, select Device Manager andEnter.

2. Find the drivers which needs to be installed and also see if there are any warning symbols. If yes update the drivers.

3. Right click on the Memory stich device and click on
    Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 3, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Cloning to USB memory stick - Similar Threads - Cloning USB memory

2. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  3. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  4. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Failed USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed USB memory stick: Hi, I am having a problem with my USB memory stick, it says it doesn't have any storage, yet it does, and it has data on there, it's not like it's CD-ROM drive. I even have proof from a recovery attempt on a Linux VM....
  6. Failed USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed USB memory stick: Hi, I am having a problem with my USB memory stick, it says it doesn't have any storage, yet it does, and it has data on there, it's not like it's CD-ROM drive. I even have proof from a recovery attempt on a Linux VM....
  7. USB Memory Stick hidden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Memory Stick hidden: Hello. After I finally solved my Microsoft Store issue, I come with another one, this one is smaller. As the title says, my PC does not recognize my USB Memory Stick and I don't know why, it can be displayed as a tray icon in the taskbar, because it's plugged in, but it does...
  8. USB memory stick issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB memory stick issues: I have a very strange problem with a Lexar 128GB USB. When I plug it into my PC (windows 10 pro) it shows up in File Explorer and I can copy files from it but I cannot write to it. The USB stick works perfectly in my laptop, ie read/write with no problem The USB port in my PC...
  9. USB memory stick issues

in Windows 10 Support
    USB memory stick issues: I have a very strange problem with a Lexar 128GB USB. When I plug it into my PC (windows 10 pro) it shows up in File Explorer and I can copy files from it but I cannot write to it. The USB stick works perfectly in my laptop, ie read/write with no problem The USB port in my PC...
  10. Cloning to USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning to USB memory stick: Partition Wizard is bootable from usb and allows the cloning of hard drives. Can I clone a ssd to USB memory stick and clone the USB back to the hard drive as a precaution against ssd failure? 117190