Windows 10: cloning win 10 os disk

Discus and support cloning win 10 os disk in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Evening folks. I have a win 7 pc which I clone with Norton Ghost 15 on boot cd which gets me out of trouble regularly especially when trying new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by spottydog10, Dec 22, 2016.

1. cloning win 10 os disk

Evening folks.

I have a win 7 pc which I clone with Norton Ghost 15 on boot cd which gets me out of trouble regularly
    especially when trying new software out.

I also have a win 10 laptop which does not work with NGhost, presumably because of the UEFI file system or whatever.
    (I don't pretend to know the reason) *Smile

What are people using successfully to clone a win 10 OS preferably from a boot disk?
    Advice appreciated,
    Mike

:)

spottydog10, Dec 22, 2016
  2. Ubrales1 Win User

Install Windows 10

Thank you Ravinath

This is the exact response that I received from other sources and this is my approach now. I have already re-installed the Win 8.1 version. Fortunately, I had made a clone of the Win 8.1 OS and I just put that disk in. Now I shall wait for the upgrade, upgrade
    to Win 10, make a backup (clone) and then do a clean install of Win 10.

Thank you for your help!

Ubrales1, Dec 22, 2016
  3. OCZ Revo Drive X2 Windows 10 Compatiblity

I think I'll clone my revo to an hdd, do the win 10 upgrade, then try to clone it back to revo all keeping the same disk id.

BillAshley, Dec 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

cloning win 10 os disk

Anything but Norton. Ghost was no longer supported after 2013, so it is no wonder why you are having issues. Macirum is the one that a lot use. If you just want to do a full disk clone, you can use Clonezilla. Just be aware that you have to run it in Legacy mode on the bios and it may not allow you to restore Windows 10 as UEFI.

bro67, Dec 22, 2016
  5. Thanks mate.
    So Macirum will do a full clone including uefi?

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, and it will give you the option of making it's own boot disk as well.

NavyLCDR, Dec 22, 2016
  7. Excellent, I'll grab it, thanks mate.

8. Whatphoeb Win User

cloning win 10 os disk

Whatphoeb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cloning win 10 os disk

1. cloning win 10 os disk - Similar Threads - cloning disk

2. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  3. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  4. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...: I need help with cloning.I have a Dell G3 15 3590 with 2 Physical Disks - M2 PCI 128 GB and a SATA 1 TB. Both GPTMy OS is installed on the 128GB drive and is filling up causing my overall performance to slow down. I tried cloning the 128GB onto the 1TB using Macrium Reflect....
  6. Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...

Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...: I need help with cloning.I have a Dell G3 15 3590 with 2 Physical Disks - M2 PCI 128 GB and a SATA 1 TB. Both GPTMy OS is installed on the 128GB drive and is filling up causing my overall performance to slow down. I tried cloning the 128GB onto the 1TB using Macrium Reflect....
  7. Windows 11 GPT Disk Layout Changes & Method For Cloning Of A Windows System When Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 GPT Disk Layout Changes & Method For Cloning Of A Windows System When Dual Booting: I have two questions which are as follows:-1. How best to make disk partition layout changes on the windows disk as the EFI size in particular looks too small.2. How to clone a windows image system from one disk to another disk on a windows dual boot system with a UEFI BIOS....
  8. Windows 11 GPT Disk Layout Changes & Method For Cloning Of A Windows System When Dual Booting

Windows 11 GPT Disk Layout Changes & Method For Cloning Of A Windows System When Dual Booting: I have two questions which are as follows:-1. How best to make disk partition layout changes on the windows disk as the EFI size in particular looks too small.2. How to clone a windows image system from one disk to another disk on a windows dual boot system with a UEFI BIOS....
  9. no permissions for Local Disk G: drive after cloning windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no permissions for Local Disk G: drive after cloning windows: i cloned windows on a new ssd and for the most part things went ok but there are 2 issues im having.1. it created local isk G in myfiles and i am unable to access it, it prompts me to check its security settings however. when going to properties there is no security tab. it...
  10. no permissions for Local Disk G: drive after cloning windows

no permissions for Local Disk G: drive after cloning windows: i cloned windows on a new ssd and for the most part things went ok but there are 2 issues im having.1. it created local isk G in myfiles and i am unable to access it, it prompts me to check its security settings however. when going to properties there is no security tab. it...