Windows 10: cloning Windows 10

Discus and support cloning Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I got new SSD and want to move my Insider OS to the new drive. I used Macrium Reflect to clone my C drive. The files are there by the new drive is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by zolotoy, Mar 7, 2018.

1. zolotoy Win User

cloning Windows 10

I got new SSD and want to move my Insider OS to the new drive. I used Macrium Reflect to clone my C drive. The files are there by the new drive is not bootable. How can I fix that?

Thanks

:)

zolotoy, Mar 7, 2018
  2. Ivy336289 Win User

Windows 10 Installed on Wrong Drive

you can directly
    clone windows 10 hard drive to SSD
    . To successfully clone windows 10 hard drive to SSD, you need to pay attention to the following things:

1. before you start to clone, you need to take out extra hard drive. This can avoid your cloning windows 10 on the wrong drive.

2. after you clone, you need to install your SSD on the location of HDD and change boot order via BIOS.

Ivy336289, Mar 7, 2018
  3. What hard drive clone software works with Windows 10

The software AOMEI Backupper can help you clone Windows 10. You can use the free edition so that save a lot of money, and you can totally trust this software cause it can help you

clone Windows 10
    and the maintenance products with out data losing.

DemonBradsahw, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

cloning Windows 10

Did you clone the whole drive with all partitions if you just cloned c it won't boot without the other partitions

Samuria, Mar 7, 2018
  5. zolotoy Win User
    I am not sure. But I think with a partition.
    cloning Windows 10 [​IMG]

The small 512 MB partition I created after the clone.

zolotoy, Mar 7, 2018
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Often, a quick fix using any partition or disk manager is all that is needed: the intended hard-drive or the appropriate boot partition needs to be marked Active; it's probably already set to Primary.

RolandJS, Mar 7, 2018
  7. zolotoy Win User
    Not sure what you are saying. What are you proposing to so?

zolotoy, Mar 7, 2018
  8. RolandJS Win User

cloning Windows 10

If you're asking me, I'm simply saying, in my experience, the quick fix was to make sure the boot partition (for example, Windows 7's System Reserved) is marked Active. Or if no System Reserved partition exists, the partition containing the OS is marked Active.

RolandJS, Mar 7, 2018
  9. zolotoy Win User
    But it is marked as Active, but not Boot.

zolotoy, Mar 7, 2018
  10. RolandJS Win User
    Ahhh, ok, I'm in school, have no solution to offer at this time; I will listen in alongside you and let others with more experience and more wisdom than I offer their solutions.

RolandJS, Mar 7, 2018
  11. Samuria Win User
    You need to redline and clone the whole disk so it clones all partitions and boot record just creating partition after it won't have the files or boot record

Samuria, Mar 7, 2018
  12. zolotoy Win User
    I tried MiniTool. It copied all partions, but none was marked as Boot.

zolotoy, Mar 7, 2018
  13. Word Man Win User

cloning Windows 10

Word Man, Mar 7, 2018
  14. zolotoy Win User
    Should I delete all partitions from the target drive first?

zolotoy, Mar 7, 2018
  15. Word Man Win User
    Yes. This can be accomplished from within Macrium using "X Delete Existing partition" (see step 4 in the instructions at the first of 3 links above).

Word Man, Mar 7, 2018
Thema:

cloning Windows 10

1. cloning Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cloning

2. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  3. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  4. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280: Scared to death of catastrophic Op Sys SSD failure Only one slot on motherboard for SSD m.2 2280 I’m hoping this project of me making an exact copy of my hard drive which only has operating system and a couple of programs on it. I will be able to achieve if this one fails...
  6. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280: Scared to death of catastrophic Op Sys SSD failure Only one slot on motherboard for SSD m.2 2280 I’m hoping this project of me making an exact copy of my hard drive which only has operating system and a couple of programs on it. I will be able to achieve if this one fails...
  7. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  9. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  10. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...