Windows 10: cloning

Discus and support cloning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Partitioned 500gb hdd to 147 gb, why can't I clone that 147gb partition to a 160(148)gb hdd? 52773 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by robert, Jun 7, 2016.

1. robert Win User

cloning

Partitioned 500gb hdd to 147 gb, why can't I clone that 147gb partition to a 160(148)gb hdd?

:)

robert, Jun 7, 2016

2. CLONE, CLONE, CLONE !

Hello everybody,

Before upgrading, clone your system disk !

I read too many posts from people having upgraded and who cannot rollback with the W10 rollback function.

If only they haved cloned...

Two solutions are better than one.

Thierry DUGUET, Jun 7, 2016
  3. qinada Win User
    Clone a 1 Tb drive to a 512 Mb SSC

Hi Vaughn,

You can
    clone larger HDD to small SSD
    with a professional disk cloning software as long as the used space is smaller than the SSD. You will not worry it will clone the unused space unless you use sector by sector clone mode.

I suggest you to clone your HDD to SSD with AOMEI Backupper, if the used space is larger than the SSD, you can clone only the OS to SSD and keep the HDD as data storage. This software is very easy to operate.

qinada, Jun 7, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

cloning

Variety of reasons. Maybe you don't have the correct software. Maybe you are using the software that you do have incorrectly. We can't really tell why you can't clone the partition without knowing what software you are trying to use to do it, and a screenshot of disk management showing the hard drives in question would help.

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

What errors are you getting?

NavyLCDR, Jun 7, 2016
  5. Molyy Win User
    hi robert , maybe the 160(148)gb hdd is not total 148gb . maybe the 160(148)gb hdd < 147 gb . if i am right , you can format the 160(148)gb , at least , the 160(148)gb> 147gb .

Molyy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

cloning

1. cloning - Similar Threads - cloning

2. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  3. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  4. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  5. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  6. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  8. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  9. Cloning a Game to Two Monitors Causes PC Monitor to Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cloning a Game to Two Monitors Causes PC Monitor to Freeze: Hello,I have posted this before but never had a true solution. I had a workaround where I set League of Legends to use "Dx9 Legacy Mode" and did not have a problem. However, with Riot deprecating the support for Dx9, this issue will resurface. Below is what was in my previous...
  10. PRoblems cloning an NVMe

PRoblems cloning an NVMe: I asked about this on Bleeping Computer two days ago, but didn't get a reply.I'm trying to clone a 250GB NVMe boot to a 2TB NVMe. I've done this successfully four times before, but I.m having problems this time, The other times I used a fresh new drive, this time I'm trying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tried to clone ssc now cannot format