Windows 10: Closed outlook account after installing windows 10

Discus and support Closed outlook account after installing windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ok; this should be interesting. Installed 10 on my 8.1 laptop yesterday. Install went fine. So I wanted to get my email sorted out. I decided to use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by needlenoses, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Closed outlook account after installing windows 10

Ok; this should be interesting. Installed 10 on my 8.1 laptop yesterday. Install went fine. So I wanted to get my email sorted out. I decided to use the built in mail program. So I had to set up what accounts I wanted to display. It already showed my gmail address so I clicked on that, and to make this a bit shorter, I created an outlook account with my gmail address.
    I should have clicked where it just said gmail. I finally did that and up came all my gmail folders.

I decided to follow the necessary steps to remove the inadvertent outlook account. That worked and I have 90 days to change my mind. Only now I can't access the Microsoft Community using my gmail address as the account removal is holding me out. It says I can get in by creating another email address which I don't really want to do. What I would like to do is get Microsoft accounts department to purge all my account information including past log in info using alternative addresses and passwords. Like a clean slate would be nice. Windows live mail comes up with log in requests even though the live.ca account is accessable.

So what I need is HELP to clean this up.
    *Sad

:)

needlenoses, Jun 20, 2016
  2. bjj_204 Win User

How do you close windows 10 mail app

I want to close the mail app while I'm setting up Outlook and then delete the mail account after successful outlook install.

bjj_204, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Printing From Outlook after W10 installation

When printing from outlook after windows 10 installation I get a message that an error has occurred and outlook must close and reopen.

Has this occurred with anyone else?

hermanvelasco, Jun 20, 2016
Thema:

Closed outlook account after installing windows 10

1. Closed outlook account after installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - Closed outlook account

2. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  3. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  4. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook closes automatically.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook closes automatically.: Outlook closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-closes-automatically/dc5dca62-8303-4bb6-8fe9-d0edd8c9968b
  6. Trying to close Outlook closes windows behind it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to close Outlook closes windows behind it: Here's the scenario: running a second monitor from my laptop, monitor is to the right of the laptop. Outlook is maximized on the second display to the right, along with other windows explorer, web browser, etc. When Outlook is on top and I go to the top right to close...
  7. Outlook opens and then closes

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook opens and then closes: My operating system is Windows 10 Pro V2004 19041.388 and I am using Microsoft 365 V2006 build 13001-20384. This strange Outlook behavior started this morning - Outlook opens for about a second and then closes. I have done the full online repair and get the same result. I am...
  8. Lost Outlook after installing Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lost Outlook after installing Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 and lost Outlook 2003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-outlook-after-installing-windows-10/35f2880a-b2db-4aa3-be86-7ed34445a2c1"
  9. Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Closes within 10 seconds: Outlook opens,,, receives few mail items and then closes automatically without any error msg. This appeared to happen after a windows 10 update which happened yesterday or today (not sure). I ran office repair (simple option), ran outlook in safe mode... ,,, cold booted......
  10. outlook 2007 not sending after windows 10 installation

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007 not sending after windows 10 installation: After installing Windows 10 everything looks good but Outlook does not send emails they just sit in the outbox. Account settings look ok and server message is received when tested. Solved by running sfc /scannow then Office diagnostics. Thanks to the forum. 13016