Windows 10: Closer look at Windows 10’s upcoming feature that will auto adjust video brightness

Discus and support Closer look at Windows 10’s upcoming feature that will auto adjust video brightness in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working on a new feature for Windows 10 that will automatically adjust the brightness of videos on your computer. Microsoft has already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 6, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Closer look at Windows 10’s upcoming feature that will auto adjust video brightness

Microsoft is working on a new feature for Windows 10 that will automatically adjust the brightness of videos on your computer. Microsoft has already implemented the feature in Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview build and it can automatically adjust video brightness depending on the ambient light.

Microsoft explains that the feature would work just like the auto-brightness control on mobile phones. Windows 10 will be configured to use the light sensor on your device to detect your ambient light, determine the amount of surrounding light to and finally adjust video brightness.

The feature would improve image quality of videos and you will be able to view objects on the screen even under direct sunlight.

“There’s a new viewing mode for you to try out, designed to improve the visibility of your video when you are in a very bright environment. This feature uses the light sensor on your device to detect your ambient light, and automatically adjusts your video accordingly,” the company explains.

Available for select devices only

Closer look at Windows 10’s upcoming feature that will auto adjust video brightness Windows-10-Video-Playback-settings.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

Microsoft says that this feature will work only if your device has a light sensor. You can open “Display Settings” in the Settings app to check if you have the option to turn on Auto-brightness. You can also open Device Manager and find something similar “Light Sensor” under Sensors.

Otherwise there’s a chance that your device does not have such hardware and you won’t be able to experience this new behavior.

It’s worth noting that the feature may not work if your computer’s light sensor is not well-calibrated.

“If you are on a device where video looks really, really bad with this setting on, please let us know via the Feedback Hub,” Microsoft explains.

Get started

• Make sure your PC is running the latest preview build of Windows 10 Redstone 5 update.
    • Open Settings.
    • Navigate to apps > Video playback > Adjust video based on lightning.

Microsoft explains in the release notes of Windows 10 build 17704 that the feature is still a work in progress and it will be improved ahead of the launch of Redstone 5 in the fall to make sure everything works as expected for everyone.

The feature will arrive with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update by late October. The update should be finalized in September and the public rollout would begin in October.

The post Closer look at Windows 10’s upcoming feature that will auto adjust video brightness appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 6, 2018

2. how to avoid auto adjusting feature of brightness

Even after disabling auto adjusting features in control panel power option > advanced menu as well as disabling in "Display power saving technology" in HD graphics control panel, the auto brightness problem persists i.e brightness is getting automatically
    adjusted to 1% only...

Ramanathan.M, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Closer look at Windows 10’s upcoming feature that will auto adjust video brightness

Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Closer look at Windows 10’s upcoming feature that will auto adjust video brightness

1. Closer look at Windows 10’s upcoming feature that will auto adjust video brightness - Similar Threads - Closer 10’s upcoming

2. Auto brightness in videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto brightness in videos?: Hi everyone! Whenever I watch videos, it seems too bright. It seems to happen all the time unless I press windows key or anything on the task bar, like the audio icon, wifi, etc. Nothing else seems over-brightened except videos. Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried...
  3. Closer look at Windows 10’s new replacements for Control Panel features

in Windows 10 News
    Closer look at Windows 10’s new replacements for Control Panel features: Microsoft has decided to conceal some applets (pages) of the traditional Control Panel in the future releases of Windows 10. With Windows 8, Microsoft introduced a beginner friendlier and modern Settings app. The new Settings app is good enough for personalization of Windows...
  4. Adjust to Auto Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust to Auto Brightness: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using your Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 on My Laptop. I wan to keep keep Auto Brightness or Adaptive Brightness for My Laptop. How do i do that. Means My Laptop should Automatically adjust to the...
  5. Here’s a closer look at Windows 10’s new Start menu

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s a closer look at Windows 10’s new Start menu: Windows 10 has officially hit a billion users and Microsoft recently teased upcoming changes to the operating system in a low-quality video. Today, Microsoft has finally posted high-resolution screenshots of Windows 10’s upcoming changes, which gives us a closer look at the...
  6. Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness: Whenever I watch a video in full screen, windows just keep auto adjusting the brightness setting. If I switch back to normal the screen gets dim all way down, I go back to full screen it gets brighter all way up, I switch to another window and gets dimmer aall way down again....
  7. A closer look at upcoming Windows 10 April 2019 Update (19H1)

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at upcoming Windows 10 April 2019 Update (19H1): A new report recently revealed that Windows 10’s next update will be named the Windows 10 April 2019 Update. Microsoft ended up calling the last release ‘October 2018 Update’ and it appears that the company is taking the same route with the next feature update, which is...
  8. Disable 10's auto-brightness adjustment capabilities?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable 10's auto-brightness adjustment capabilities?: I set my monitor to a set brightness that I want, but I sometimes see my screen dimming and brightening on its' own, even when I'm actively using my laptop. I think 10 must have some kind of auto-brightness adjustment capability, that detects lighting conditions around me and...
  9. Windows 10: A closer look at the new Battery Saver feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: A closer look at the new Battery Saver feature: Battery Saver, as the name implies, will help your mobile device make the most out of your battery. This feature works by limiting the background activity on your device when the mode is activated. You can turn the feature on at anytime but there is also a setting to have it...
  10. A closer look at Windows 10's new text input canvas

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows 10's new text input canvas: [img] Earlier this week, Microsoft released a build of Windows 10 to Insiders, and it brought with it many new features. One new addition in this build is a new text input canvas. This canvas brings with itself an updated experience for handwriting recognition in...