Windows 10: Closing Cortana with a voice command

Discus and support Closing Cortana with a voice command in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I would like to ask someone more informed than me, or members of the insider program, if there are plans or rumors about adding this feature to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlphaUMi, Mar 11, 2016.

1. AlphaUMi Win User

Closing Cortana with a voice command

Hi! I would like to ask someone more informed than me, or members of the insider program, if there are plans or rumors about adding this feature to Cortana: ability to close her with a voice command. Something like "Thank you" or "See ya" would be very nice and useful!!! *Cool

:)

AlphaUMi, Mar 11, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Cortana (and screen) does not turn off when Bluetooth headset dismisses her

I've made an entry asking that Cortana closes if entered by voice, and the command is cancelled.

When you cancel a voice command, Cortana should close

Entegy, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Close down full screen Cortana with a voice command?

So saying "hey Cortana..." and then using voice commands to set a reminder etc is great. But it is opening a full screen window when it does it. And I can't figure out how to close that window with a voice command? I have to physically sit in front of
    my laptop and hit X to close the window. It is very annoying and surely the window should either timeout and close, or there should be a "Cortana go home" type command like there is on Xbox One? Thanks

SteveHargreaves, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

The correct phrase would be: "Hey Cortana, close Cortana"

Alternatively, you could say "Hey Cortana...", if she listens but doesn't receive a command within a few seconds, she will close automatically.

Or, you can press the Windows Key rapidly twice.

Edwin, Mar 11, 2016
  5. AlphaUMi Win User
    Edwin, thank you for the suggestion of double pressing the Windows key, I will use this because is more practical than reach the "X" button. I hope Microsoft will add a proper command for closing Cortana after she has completed a task.

AlphaUMi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Closing Cortana with a voice command - Similar Threads - Closing Cortana voice

2. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  3. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  4. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  5. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  6. Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you are not able to use voice commands in Cortana on Windows 11 or Windows 10, then these solutions will help you resolve the issue. Cortana is the digital assistant you can find in Windows 11 and Windows 10. Whether you need to send an email or open an app on your...
  7. Cortana Version: 2.2102.8653.0 doesnt respond to voice commands

in Cortana
    Cortana Version: 2.2102.8653.0 doesnt respond to voice commands: Cortana Version: 2.2102.8653.0 doesn't respond to voice commands. Wake command 'cortana' not working. whenever i type 'open word' or any other app, it shows 'sorry i'm not equip with it'...
  8. Cortana not responding to voice commands.

in Cortana
    Cortana not responding to voice commands.: Every time I need to talk to cortana, I am required to hit the mic button so that cortana can start listening to me. I even tried going to settings and turned on the "Hey cortana" option on. Still I have to press the mic button every time. The voice command "Hey cortana" is...
  9. Cortana not hibernating computer after voice command?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not hibernating computer after voice command?: When I tell Cortana to hibernate my computer, it pops up and asks me "go to sleep?" I then click/say yes, and then I can see Cortana seemingly initiating the action. But then nothing happens. Anyone know why this is and how I can possibly fix it? submitted by /u/RussMIV...
  10. teching Cortana a new command "Close"

in Cortana
    teching Cortana a new command "Close": I am trying to get Cortana to perform a task, "Close" a running task or more specifically "Close Firefox" and the tutorial says it must be able to exist in a .bat file. From what I see there is no way to do this. Am I correct and there is no way to close a running app?...