Windows 10: Closing Tabs at Shutdown

Discus and support Closing Tabs at Shutdown in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I followed al instructions on closing tabs at shutdown but nothing works. Ideas appreciated Thanks 25964 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by enigma1944, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Closing Tabs at Shutdown

I followed al instructions on closing tabs at shutdown but nothing works. Ideas appreciated Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Oct 10, 2015
  2. ghudson4 Win User

Closing Internet tabs one at a time not available after Windows 10 installation

When I downloaded Windows 10, it automatically made my internet browser, Edge. I have gone back to using Internet Explorer as my default browser and can now close one tab at a time. Thank you for your help.

ghudson4, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Jetta48 Win User
    Closing Internet tabs one at a time not available after Windows 10 installation

Hi

If you are using IE11 on Windows 10 for PCs, it is still available. To turn the warning on:

1. Open IE11 (see:
    How to find Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows 10
    )

2. Press Alt + X on your keyboard to open
    Tools

3. Select Internet options.

4. On the General tab, select the button labelled Tabs
    (about half-way down).

5. Tick the top box labelled Warn me when closing multiple tabs.

6. Select OK then OK again.

If you are using the new Edge browser then, as far as I know the feature is not available. If you want to send feedback to Microsoft about this then you may use the Windows Feedback app:

Start button (bottom left)->All apps->Windows Feedback

You can still close just one tab at a time if you wish in Edge...

Please click on the X on the tab not the window - see image below:

Closing Tabs at Shutdown [​IMG]

Each of the tabs has a X. It will appear as you move your mouse pointer over it.

Also, the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + w will close the currently selected tab.

If you close the last tab, then the entire Edge window will close.

Jetta48, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Closing Tabs at Shutdown

Yeah...that depends on which browser you are using... *Smile

Joergi, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    If you are using Firefox and have Tab Mix Plus as an extension you can choose to close all tabs, only certain tabs, or no tabs but until you tell us what Browser you are using it would be hard to say.

Just Pick One

6. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Oct 11, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Did you opt in by check marking "Don't show this warning again"?

Edwin, Oct 11, 2015
  8. Closing Tabs at Shutdown

I don't get that message signing out

I don't remember if I opted in or not

enigma1944, Oct 11, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    You'll only see this dialog once if you check mark the box:

... after that, you'd have to adjust your settings:

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Closing Tabs at Shutdown

1. Closing Tabs at Shutdown - Similar Threads - Closing Tabs Shutdown

2. tabs close with plugged in charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tabs close with plugged in charger: why does my chrome tabs close whenever i plug in my charger? it reopens them again, but only after it exits out yto the homescreen. Then restarts the tab. When i plug in the charger it shows a mini black window tab then closes itself. and thats when they restart the tabs. It...
  3. how to close dual tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to close dual tabs: how to close the tab at the top of the screen when I click to get on my home page edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-dual-tabs/709258b3-1501-42b2-a4d8-42f37dedd3bd
  4. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  5. Tabs will not close on shutdown

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs will not close on shutdown: I am on W10 Home Version 1809 and when I press shutdown the tabs will not close. I use MSN for homepage and outlook for Email. When I open the system the previous tabs that were used remain on the task bar. How do I eliminate this, thanks. . 125772
  6. Closing tabs on W10 and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Closing tabs on W10 and IE11: How can I setup my computer to close all tabs when I use power off for Edge and IE11. Thanks 109843
  7. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  8. Closing Tabs at Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closing Tabs at Shutdown: Can someone tell me why when running Edge none of the tabs close when I sign out???????? When I sign back in it's like I never left the page. Thanks 46933
  9. Closing tabs on shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closing tabs on shutdown: Besides manually ,how do I close tabs when I shutdown. Now when I shutdown and restart the system opens at the last site I was involved with. Thanks 104294
  10. Programs, Tabs, and Folders will not close

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs, Tabs, and Folders will not close: I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2-1051 that until this weekend was successfully running on Windows 10 upgrade. Suddenly this weekend it refused to add or change tabs in the Google Chrome browser. Tapping the X or + boxes did nothing. Then tapping some links within the browser...