Windows 10: 'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

Discus and support 'Cloud delivered protection', Really? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickerz, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Rickerz Win User

'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to the "Cloud" scam *Mad
    Could someone please shed some light on this "Cloud delivered protection", what is is it , is it mandatory by MS? How to eliminate? *Mad

:)

Rickerz, Jul 31, 2018

2. Cloud-delivered protection

Hello all! I was curious as to what personal information is collected about me, if I turn on the 'cloud-delivered protection' in Windows defender security center? I have read the 'privacy statement' multiple times. I have already 'removed', if you will,
    any and all allowed shareable content. I guess my question boils down to: Will any additional private data be submitted? If I activate the 'cloud-delivered protection', will it automatically turn on some of the aforementioned settings I have intentionally
    turned off?

Also, the Windows defender security center (Under the virus & threat protection settings tab) says that the cloud-delivered protection "Works best with Automatic sample submission turned on". I have zero intentions of turning the automatic sample submission
    on.

It is my understanding, from their 'privacy statement', that Windows will get my data with or without my consent, if they really want it. I would really appreciate any feedback from those who have enabled this 'cloud-delivered protection', and if any of
    their settings have been automatically changed by Windows?

Any advice will be good advice.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Derek

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

DerekW USA, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Cloud-delivered protection

Thank you very much for your timely response. Enabling the 'cloud-delivered protection' claims to allow for the viruses and malware to be detected quicker. Is this true for your case? Or is there some fine print I have not seen.

I am a nobody with very little to hide, but with what little information I do have on my laptop (statistics, college course work (Very expensive and detailed chemical reactions), resumes, etc., I would enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that what I choose
    to put on my laptop, is for my eyes only. Not a third party vendor that Microsoft employs.

Being a certified Chemist, my course work goes into enough detail that, I personally believe, in good faith and consensus, that non Chemists DO NOT need to get their hands on the information that was required of me to complete my degree and certification.

DerekW USA, Jul 31, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Cloud-delivered protection

Only thing the 'cloud' might do is upload something that appears suspicious for further analysis - things that do computing things they haven't seen in the wild. Show me some chemist text and I'll say, yep, looks like some chemistry thingies. It painful
    for me trying to remember how to spell acetaminophen & just trying to write the word
    caffeine makes me nervous.

Recall only one downloaded & appeared instantly suspect - was in a zip package that never was unzipped. CCleaner that made the news a while back. Rare here to discover computer virus - my virus mostly would come delivered by the us postal service &
    fedex sneezing on my paper mail and package deliveries.

'Mike P, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Cloud delivered protection', Really? - Similar Threads - 'Cloud delivered protection'

2. "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there...: When I go to "Protection options",the "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there are Yellow Triangle Warning on "cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission."Windows Security says that "Cloud-delivered protection...
  3. "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there...: When I go to "Protection options",the "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there are Yellow Triangle Warning on "cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission."Windows Security says that "Cloud-delivered protection...
  4. Cloud-delivered protection keeps turning off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cloud-delivered protection keeps turning off: Why does my Cloud-delivered protection keeps turning off? Every few minutes, it turns off even when I turn it on.. How can I permanently turn it on? can a virus cause this? How can I remove the virus that is causing this?...
  5. I am unable to enable Real Time Protection, Cloud-delivered protection or Automatic Sample...

I am unable to enable Real Time Protection, Cloud-delivered protection or Automatic Sample...: Whenever I try to enable Real Time Protection, Cloud-delivered protection or Automatic Sample Submission from the Virus and Threat Protection settings, the UAC window pops up, I click Yes, the toggle turns on for a brief moment before turning back off again.I have no other...
  6. Windows Security keeps 'warning' me that cloud-delivered protection and automatic sample...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security keeps 'warning' me that cloud-delivered protection and automatic sample...: No matter how many times I click 'Dismiss' or manually go into the settings and dismiss it there, the security icon keeps bugging me with a yellow warning icon that my cloud-delivered protection is off, and that automatic sample submission is off. I do not wish to turn these...
  7. Cloud Delivered Protection?

Cloud Delivered Protection?: This is just a general question and not really pertaining for my system. Defender Antivirus has this feature called Cloud Delivered Protection or Join Microsoft MAPS under Group Policy. For those systems that handles sensitive data, would it be fine to just enable the real...
  8. SOLVED: Cloud-Delivered protection and Automatic sample submission. This setting is managed...

SOLVED: Cloud-Delivered protection and Automatic sample submission. This setting is managed...: Hi, I cannot manage to figure out whats wrong here. In windows defender settings I cannot turn on Cloud-Delivered protection and Automatic sample submission, it says This setting is managed by your administrator. All other options I can turn on and of....
  9. Cloud-Delivered protection and Automatic sample submission. This setting is managed by your...

Cloud-Delivered protection and Automatic sample submission. This setting is managed by your...: Hi, I cannot manage to figure out whats wrong here. In windows defender settings I cannot turn on Cloud-Delivered protection and Automatic sample submission, it says This setting is managed by your administrator. All other options I can turn on and of. It should be said I...
  10. 'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

'Cloud delivered protection', Really?: Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to the "Cloud" scam *Mad Could someone please shed some light on this "Cloud delivered protection", what is it , is it mandatory...