'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

Discus and support 'Cloud delivered protection', Really? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickerz, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Rickerz Win User

Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to the "Cloud" scam *Mad
    Could someone please shed some light on this "Cloud delivered protection", what is is it , is it mandatory by MS? How to eliminate? *Mad

:)

Rickerz, Jul 31, 2018
  2. DerekW USA Win User

Cloud-delivered protection

Hello all! I was curious as to what personal information is collected about me, if I turn on the 'cloud-delivered protection' in Windows defender security center? I have read the 'privacy statement' multiple times. I have already 'removed', if you will,
    any and all allowed shareable content. I guess my question boils down to: Will any additional private data be submitted? If I activate the 'cloud-delivered protection', will it automatically turn on some of the aforementioned settings I have intentionally
    turned off?

Also, the Windows defender security center (Under the virus & threat protection settings tab) says that the cloud-delivered protection "Works best with Automatic sample submission turned on". I have zero intentions of turning the automatic sample submission
    on.

It is my understanding, from their 'privacy statement', that Windows will get my data with or without my consent, if they really want it. I would really appreciate any feedback from those who have enabled this 'cloud-delivered protection', and if any of
    their settings have been automatically changed by Windows?

Any advice will be good advice.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Derek

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

DerekW USA, Jul 31, 2018
  3. DerekW USA Win User

Thank you very much for your timely response. Enabling the 'cloud-delivered protection' claims to allow for the viruses and malware to be detected quicker. Is this true for your case? Or is there some fine print I have not seen.

I am a nobody with very little to hide, but with what little information I do have on my laptop (statistics, college course work (Very expensive and detailed chemical reactions), resumes, etc., I would enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that what I choose
    to put on my laptop, is for my eyes only. Not a third party vendor that Microsoft employs.

Being a certified Chemist, my course work goes into enough detail that, I personally believe, in good faith and consensus, that non Chemists DO NOT need to get their hands on the information that was required of me to complete my degree and certification.

DerekW USA, Jul 31, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Only thing the 'cloud' might do is upload something that appears suspicious for further analysis - things that do computing things they haven't seen in the wild. Show me some chemist text and I'll say, yep, looks like some chemistry thingies. It painful
    for me trying to remember how to spell acetaminophen & just trying to write the word
    caffeine makes me nervous.

Recall only one downloaded & appeared instantly suspect - was in a zip package that never was unzipped. CCleaner that made the news a while back. Rare here to discover computer virus - my virus mostly would come delivered by the us postal service &
    fedex sneezing on my paper mail and package deliveries.

'Mike P, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Cloud delivered protection', Really? - Similar Threads - 'Cloud delivered protection'

2. Hyper X Cloud 1 Headset (2014) Microphone not working, tried pretty much everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper X Cloud 1 Headset (2014) Microphone not working, tried pretty much everything: Hello I have a Hyper X Cloud 1 headset (2014) that I'm running on Windows 10 on my Lenovo Legion Y520. I have had this laptop for over a year and no issues with Headset microphone till now. Last month it stopped working but I was able to fix it by turning on the allows apps...
  3. When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...: After the scan locks up, I can only hit cancel to end the scan. This makes the computer work at a snails pace until I run the custom scan. This then allows me to turn the computer off. When I turn the computer back on, it runs slower than normal, and the mute button works...
  4. Security protection

Security protection: I need to know if ajtechy is a third party support service for Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/security-protection/bf664332-1ccb-4a32-b4a2-f85862f1f492
  5. I cannot turn on real time protection in windows defender?

I cannot turn on real time protection in windows defender?: I cannot turn on real time protection in Windows defender, What do I need to do in order to turn this on?...
  6. MS experimenting with your PC - really? Has anyone heard of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS experimenting with your PC - really? Has anyone heard of this?: Hi, I happened to run one of those so-called privacy programs out of curiosity, and was startled to find this (last item): [img] Have you ever heard of this? Thanks! 115719
  7. Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection "Unexpected error."

Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection "Unexpected error.": Earlier today I started experiencing issues with Windows Defender. The shield icon in my tray shows a red X, and when I open my Security Center it says "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." Attempting to do this gives the following error: "Unexpected error. Sorry,...
  8. Windows Defender Account Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Account Protection: Windows Defender is showing an exclamation mark (!) next to Account Protection. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-defender-account-protection/6d8fa7c5-c685-4e9c-92ac-52ca971276b5
  9. Agile Networks and Microsoft to deliver broadband access to rural Ohio

in Windows 10 News
    Agile Networks and Microsoft to deliver broadband access to rural Ohio: Today, Agile Networks, a leading provider of telecommunications solutions, and Microsoft Corp. announced a new agreement to bring broadband internet access to rural areas in Ohio, reaching 110,000 currently unserved people and greatly expanding access in underserved rural...
  10. Why does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does System Protection Disk Usage increase when no new Restore Points have been added?: Hello I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Version 10.0.17134.165 Starting with no Restore Points and 0 bytes used in System Protection I manually created one Restore Point (RP). The one RP used 60.5MB. In three days no other RPs were created but the space used grew to 1.8GB....