Windows 10: 'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

Discus and support 'Cloud delivered protection', Really? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickerz, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Rickerz Win User

'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to the "Cloud" scam *Mad
    Could someone please shed some light on this "Cloud delivered protection", what is is it , is it mandatory by MS? How to eliminate? *Mad

:)

Rickerz, Jul 31, 2018
  2. DerekW USA Win User

Cloud-delivered protection

Hello all! I was curious as to what personal information is collected about me, if I turn on the 'cloud-delivered protection' in Windows defender security center? I have read the 'privacy statement' multiple times. I have already 'removed', if you will,
    any and all allowed shareable content. I guess my question boils down to: Will any additional private data be submitted? If I activate the 'cloud-delivered protection', will it automatically turn on some of the aforementioned settings I have intentionally
    turned off?

Also, the Windows defender security center (Under the virus & threat protection settings tab) says that the cloud-delivered protection "Works best with Automatic sample submission turned on". I have zero intentions of turning the automatic sample submission
    on.

It is my understanding, from their 'privacy statement', that Windows will get my data with or without my consent, if they really want it. I would really appreciate any feedback from those who have enabled this 'cloud-delivered protection', and if any of
    their settings have been automatically changed by Windows?

Any advice will be good advice.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Derek

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

DerekW USA, Jul 31, 2018
  3. DerekW USA Win User

Thank you very much for your timely response. Enabling the 'cloud-delivered protection' claims to allow for the viruses and malware to be detected quicker. Is this true for your case? Or is there some fine print I have not seen.

I am a nobody with very little to hide, but with what little information I do have on my laptop (statistics, college course work (Very expensive and detailed chemical reactions), resumes, etc., I would enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that what I choose
    to put on my laptop, is for my eyes only. Not a third party vendor that Microsoft employs.

Being a certified Chemist, my course work goes into enough detail that, I personally believe, in good faith and consensus, that non Chemists DO NOT need to get their hands on the information that was required of me to complete my degree and certification.

DerekW USA, Jul 31, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Only thing the 'cloud' might do is upload something that appears suspicious for further analysis - things that do computing things they haven't seen in the wild. Show me some chemist text and I'll say, yep, looks like some chemistry thingies. It painful
    for me trying to remember how to spell acetaminophen & just trying to write the word
    caffeine makes me nervous.

Recall only one downloaded & appeared instantly suspect - was in a zip package that never was unzipped. CCleaner that made the news a while back. Rare here to discover computer virus - my virus mostly would come delivered by the us postal service &
    fedex sneezing on my paper mail and package deliveries.

'Mike P, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Cloud delivered protection', Really? - Similar Threads - 'Cloud delivered protection'

2. Cloud Print

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloud Print: Hi, I do not to install my printer on my local PC/ Lappy. instead I want to print directly from my MD office or word directly to my printer using a cloud (like Google) Q2. I need to install my printer in MS cloud / One Drive Please guide me step by Step...
  3. cloud access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cloud access: how do I access the cloud to get to information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/cloud-access/24d2e092-fde4-40a3-95e1-39777b1fea90
  4. 'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Cloud delivered protection', Really?: Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to the "Cloud" scam *Mad Could someone please shed some light on this "Cloud delivered protection", what is it , is it mandatory...
  5. How will Creators Update be "delivered"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How will Creators Update be "delivered"?: Just a question about Tomorrows possible Creators update release. How will it be delivered? I mean will a WU show a KB? Will it say it is the Creators Update? I wish to wait a bit...perhaps 4 weeks for it to allow for some bugs to get fixed. I have set defer feature updates,...
  6. Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud: Apparently I really messed up somehow. The Microsoft Cloud is no longer uploading the files from my computer’s Cloud. This is the message I get when I try to force it. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? NOTE: I removed the users name for privacy purposes here… thus...
  7. Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow: Installed on an HP6910p laptop. BIOS SATA mode is set to native (which should activate AHCI). Samsung Magician Identifies it as a PM830 but says "not supported" reporting the serial number as S0TYNYABC21199? And it says AHCI is not active? Samsung Magician benchmark...
  8. Turn off Cloud-Based Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Cloud-Based Protection: Hi. I'm trying to turn off the cloud-based protection but it's grey and i cant turn it off. Someone knows how ? Thanks ? 35787
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise E3 available as partner delivered cloud service

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Enterprise E3 available as partner delivered cloud service: Feedback from customers and partners is at the core of how we build Windows. Partners have been eager for us to create a partner-managed cloud service subscription offering where businesses of any size can access the latest security, management and control features found in...
  10. OneDrive delivers unlimited cloud storage to Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive delivers unlimited cloud storage to Office 365: Today, storage limits just became a thing of the past with Office 365. Moving forward, all Office 365 customers will get unlimited OneDrive storage at no additional cost. We’ve started rolling this out today to Office 365 Home, Personal, and University customers. The roll out...