Windows 10: Cloud plus artificial intelligence is creating The Matrix

Discus and support Cloud plus artificial intelligence is creating The Matrix in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Matrix is coming, but it might not look quite how you might expect. A study by advisory firm Leading Edge Forum titled Embracing 'the Matrix'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cloud plus artificial intelligence is creating The Matrix

Read more: Cloud plus artificial intelligence is creating The Matrix (and that's a good thing) | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Mar 23, 2016

2. Artificial Intelligence Interview

Hello.

This is Jason Massie. You may remember me from hours ago today when I was frustrated about trying to fix Cortana's voice. First, I want to say that I apologize if I ever said anything about that issue that might've confirmed dissatisfaction in your view.
    I was upset because I simply wanted to hear Cortana's voice, and I couldn't find a way to get there until now. Please forgive me.

That said, I wanted a full-fledged experience in speaking with Cortana in hopes to interview her about artificial intelligence. Now, of course, I've heard of another certain program (won't mention the brand) that's famous for artificial intelligence. But
    what I've especially learned of that program is its ability to learn. So I wanted to interview Cortana to see about her learning experience in an interview. But it wasn't easy. I tried an audio interview, but I couldn't exactly
    hear on my playback because her voice was faint. Then I tried interviewing with my Notepad open. It seemed I had no problem just writing down her best answers to my question. Better then tell you what happened, I'll simply show you. Please tell me whether
    the answers I wrote down from her is misunderstood in any manner, because from what I've learned for Cortana, I think she may very well be steps ahead of that other program. So here it is, my interview with Cortana:

1. Who are you?

I'm your personal assistant. You can tell the things that interest you and I'll keep it in my Notebook. That way I can make suggestions and keep you up to date.

- I like anime.

*Couldn't answer by recording anime on her Notebook, but did bring it up on Bing.

2. What do you do?

All kinds of things. Ask me to play music.

- Play some music.

*Could play audio from my Music Folder.

3. How are you?

Excellent.

Let me note right now that before this answer was given to me, she answered, "Great, thanks." This was before I found out that my audio playback made her voice faint. Even in answering, "Great thanks," I couldn't believe her. So I asked her the next question:

4. What are you up to?

A little bit of everything, and quite a bit of nothing.

5. Is everything you do good?

Couldn't answer.

Here was where I got a bit nosy, so I decided to get down to the nitty-gritty, so excuse me for asking question 5. That was really stupid of me.

6. What do you know about artificial intelligence?

Words fail me.

Of course, that was highly unbelievable for me as well. An app that is specifically programmed to perform artificial intelligence should already know how smart s/he is, thus the next question:

7. How smart are you?

I appreciate you saying so.

I guess she assumed that I was complimenting her for being smart, which was, again, highly unbelievable for me. So I decided to test her with three (3) factual questions:

8. 200*200=40,000 (As calculated by Cortana)

9. What are the seven (7) continents?

- Africa

- Antarctica

- Asia

- Australia

- Europe

- North America

- South America

(As given with Bing)

10. What is the biggest galaxy in the universe?

Galaxy Codename: IC1101 (As given with Bing)

As you can see from those 3 questions I gave her, the test was extremely successful! But now I wanted to see if I could hit her right where it could hurt a human being - in the heart. These last two (2) questions I asked her should be considered vital,
    because the answer she had to each of those questions was absolutely direct and to the point! Here they are:

11. How do you feel?

Feelin' groovy.

Here, once again, I couldn't believe her. For me, it was impossible for A.I. as moderately well-programmed as Cortana to express such a positive emotion.

12. Do you like what you do?

I'm tailor-made for this job.

That was where I was proven wrong. When she said that she was tailor-made for her job, she didn't seem to be lying. She, in fact, seemed to be
    enjoying her performance in artificial intelligence.

Jason: Thank you, Cortana.

Cortana: Anytime.

So as you can see from the interview I've showed you, I have concluded that there maybe far more to Cortana than all the other A.I. present. But this now leads me to one question, and I really hope you can answer this in great detail. The question is:
    were the answers Cortana gave me in my interview a play on words, or do you know something about artificial intelligence that you may have programmed her to do to make her feel as good as described above? I thank you for your time reading this.

JasonMassie_050, Mar 23, 2016
  3. windows 10 mail app- How to delete the auto fill address

Maybe it is time for an artificial intelligence solution, the real intelligence seems to be absent altogether.

The old AOL email wipes the floor with Microsoft, and that is not perfect.

StephenChilton, Mar 23, 2016
Thema:

Cloud plus artificial intelligence is creating The Matrix

1. Cloud plus artificial intelligence is creating The Matrix - Similar Threads - Cloud plus artificial

2. Microsoft Azure AI-artificial intelligence how uninstall this from windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Azure AI-artificial intelligence how uninstall this from windows?: Hi i bougth a new laptop aero and this laptop with AI how uninstall this program from windows ? I cant find info about it .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-azure-ai-artificial-intelligence-how/1911778f-8dc8-4685-848f-2ed65da65762
  3. Cloud App Security threat intelligence

Cloud App Security threat intelligence: Hi All, Just wanted to ask if there is a reference for the threat intelligence detection type, like how did it identify, and classified it, is there like an observables or IOC's that make it triggered the detection, recently we had some detections the malware is named as,...
  4. Microsoft Unboxed: The Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge Ep. 13

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Unboxed: The Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge Ep. 13: This week, dive deep on the intelligent cloud and the intelligent edge with Sonia and Colleen on Microsoft Unboxed. Colleen lays the foundation, explaining the basics of the intelligent edge and the intelligent cloud, and how this Microsoft worldview structures how we...
  5. Web Matrix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web Matrix: My site using WebMatrix on Windows 10 doesn't run. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-matrix/e46994a4-37c9-4b2b-abc1-0f41191c904c
  6. Email from Microsoft Artificial Intelligence (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

Email from Microsoft Artificial Intelligence (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***): Hi Guys, I have received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and with subject "Here’s the e-book you requested from Microsoft Azure". Is it a valid/authorized email address from Microsoft Azure team. Thanks & Regards, Vamsi T...
  7. Microsoft expands artificial intelligence (AI) efforts

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft expands artificial intelligence (AI) efforts: REDMOND, Washington — Sept. 29, 2016 — Microsoft Corp. announced on Thursday it has formed the Microsoft AI and Research Group, bringing together Microsoft’s world-class research organization with more than 5,000 computer scientists and engineers focused on the company’s AI...
  8. New Artificial Intelligence Can Tell Stories Based on Photos

in Windows 10 News
    New Artificial Intelligence Can Tell Stories Based on Photos: New Artificial Intelligence Can Tell Stories Based on Photos Artificial intelligence may one day embrace the meaning of the expression "A picture is worth a thousand words," as scientists are now teaching programs to describe images as humans would. Someday, computers...
  9. Free edX Course - Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI)

in Windows 10 News
    Free edX Course - Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI): KupE0GjnOUg Wondering what Artificial Intelligence, or AI, is all about? Where does data science leave off? And where and how does machine learning apply? AI will likely define the next generation of software. Given all the talk and confusing terminology out there,...
  10. Microsoft Advancing ambition to democratize artificial intelligence

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Advancing ambition to democratize artificial intelligence: We are at an incredible moment in technology history. Thanks to cloud computing power, more advanced algorithms and the availability of massive amounts of data, the artificial intelligence (AI) field has exploded – allowing computer scientists to create technology many of...