Windows 10: Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited

Discus and support Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For reference:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rseiler, Aug 8, 2018.

1. rseiler Win User

Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited

For reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rface-on/ed1823d3-c82c-4d7f-ba9d-43ecbcf526e9

The upshot there is that Clover Trail (Atom Z2760 etc) systems are not supported by the latest Win10, but that Win10 1607 will receive normal monthly updates until 2023 for these devices. OK, fine. But:

1) Some Clover Trail devices made it past 1607. In fact, updates were permitted on such systems through 1709. What does the above mean for them? Will those systems need to be painfully reverted a full two major builds just to continue receiving monthly updates until 2023? That seems a little crazy, if so. I hope the extended policy doesn't exclusively focus on 1607, especially considering that such systems were automatically updated from 1607 to 1703 and in at least some cases to 1709, like any other system.

2) WU should be modified to now exclude Clover Trail systems from future Feature Updates (major builds). I was surprised to see mine, on 1709, receive the 1803 update. It downloaded and tried to install, only to come up with the expected hardware compatibility screen saying that it's not possible. Again, expected, but such systems should be blocked from having to go through this completely unnecessary churn. This would be very easy for MS to do on the server side of WU. Why hasn't this happened yet?

:)

rseiler, Aug 8, 2018
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Clover Trail

Didn't they say clover trail will not support Windows 10 and that they have no plans to add such support in the near future?

Anyways? That doesn't stop you from installing windows 10 @ your own risk.

Surface Tester, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Padgett46 Win User

Windows 10 and Clover Trail

I have a couple of Intel z2760 "Clover Trail" tablets from 2012 and 2013 that apparently cannot be upgraded to Windows 10 because of an incompatibility with the Intel Graphics Accelerator.

Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited e1be7b5b-91e5-4d6f-ae58-17762c274839.jpg

Looking on the Intel forums it seems that there are no plans to upgrade the driver to be compatible. I have seen a few workarounds but they do not seem to work very well.

What is the plan for those devices running Window 8.1 that cannot upgrade to Windows 10 or is there an approved solution ?

Padgett46, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Clover Trail and Windows 10 revisited - Similar Threads - Clover Trail revisited

2. AnyTech Revisited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AnyTech Revisited: I read the long thread about Anytech 365 from last year, and wondered if there's any new developments. I believe I may have talked to them when I called up about a question I had with IOBit, but I did not sign up for their services. In spite of that, I just received an email...
  3. AnyTech Revisited

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AnyTech Revisited: I read the long thread about Anytech 365 from last year, and wondered if there's any new developments. I believe I may have talked to them when I called up about a question I had with IOBit, but I did not sign up for their services. In spite of that, I just received an email...
  4. AnyTech Revisited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Clover Bootloader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clover Bootloader: Hiya, I am going to install clover bootloader whilst clean installing windows 10 for BIOS UEFI (but the BIOS UEFI are 32-Bit). So after I have set up the partitions (shift + F10 before installing windows) from command prompt - please note the automatic set up of partitions...
  6. Win 10 on Clover Trail processors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 on Clover Trail processors: OK - this really bugging me now.. can ANYONE pref someone from Microsoft give me a sensible insight? So .. per this post...
  7. clover trail

clover trail: As of november 2019, is it possible to upgrade to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clover-trail/c833bfdf-fd4a-48ae-bfc8-6bfff78ba4fe
  8. Win 10 clover Trail.. WTH is Microsoft playing at?

Win 10 clover Trail.. WTH is Microsoft playing at?: OK, seen a few posts complaining/asking about need to revert back to 1607 for support to 2023 for the now unsupported Clover Trail atom processors. Not seen sensible reply for people like me where my machine got to 1703.. and is now blocked from further updates. so Will my...
  9. Win 10 Extended Lifetime on Clover Trail Atoms also for 1709?

Win 10 Extended Lifetime on Clover Trail Atoms also for 1709?: Hello community, I am running Windows 10 1709 on a Clover Trail Atom Processor (Z2760). Now, Windows Update is trying in vain to install 1803, failing with the notion that my CPU is no longer supported. According to multiple Tech News pages and this post by Edison Puson...
  10. Revisit Activation

Revisit Activation: I need some advice. I did the upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home the day it came out. Went like clockwork (thanks to the info in this forum). It activated after a few hours and was running fine. A week later I thought it was time to do a clean install. At the first...