Windows 10: CMD Activation of new Win 10 Install.

Discus and support CMD Activation of new Win 10 Install. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, I build/Image/HDD to SSD Upgrad lots of new PCs. And a lot of the time I need to get the Key from CMD - wmic path softwarelicensingservice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeonCoertze, Jul 4, 2017.

1. CMD Activation of new Win 10 Install.

Hi All,

I build/Image/HDD to SSD Upgrad lots of new PCs.
    And a lot of the time I need to get the Key from CMD - wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey. And then Activate Windows.

And I was wondering, How can I use the output from { wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey } in a .BAT file to activate windows.

I need to Automate the Setup prosses after Windows is installed.

Thank you in advance.

:)

LeonCoertze, Jul 4, 2017

2. Upgrade activation problem after hardware change.

Hi!

I've upgraded my win 8.1 to win 10. System was activated, but few days later my drive broke down, so i bought new one and performed clean install of windows 10 (without typing cd-key). Now I cant activate system, because "settings" app get stalled after
    clicking on "Change product key". After typing in CMD (admin) "slmgr.vbs -ipk <win 10 key retrievd from broken drive>" I get error 0xc004f050.

What should I do?

MaciejRatajczak, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Windows 10 activation problems

If you have an "OEM" Windows 7 and you win 7 install media and 25 digit product key. You could try re-install win 7 and take the chance on getting it activated (**trick**). Then upgrading o/s to win 10.

I bought a new hard drive and win 10 pro OEM version and ""product key"" (about $200). Removed win 7 hard drive install new hard drive and new install win 10 o/s. Same hardware hash as win 7 copy. Except for hard drive. The new hard drive constituted new
    PC. That is argumentative.

If the hardware hash changes the current o/s will deactivate. In order to "upgrade" for free you need an activated win 7 o/s.

(**trick**) Do not allow auto activation after install. Manually activate, it will fail. Call the number on the screen and follow along. Answer the question at the end truthfully. If MS activates. That means they allowed hardware hash change. It is their
    product they can do it if they want to.

Teddy2016, Jul 4, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

CMD Activation of new Win 10 Install.

Hard to answer as this would depend on what version you are using, how you are upgrading, what type of licence you have etc.

cereberus, Jul 4, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I don't know what the commands would be to capture the product key into a variable. But let's say the product key is captured into the variable %prodkey%. The next commands to install the product key and activate Windows (and it would have to be connected to the internet) would be:

slmgr /ipk %prodkey%
    slmgr /ato

Then you would need a command to click on the dialog box that appears:

CMD Activation of new Win 10 Install. [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jul 5, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User

Why need a script? does setup not auto select the OEM key and seamlessly install and activate it?

I can do a PShell (only Batman does .bat) script... if need be.
    To run them silently.. prefix those commans with "cscript"

Superfly, Jul 5, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR / cereberus - Thank you for your Help... I will work on the variable %prodkey%, and "auto" text box thing....

Superfly - Thank you aswell, Sometimes it won't Activate by its own. The reson it is a .bat is that the Laptops are for customers and i don't want to install PShell and all its dependents on the laptop. But thank you for you offer to make a Script..

I will run over everything later today, once again thank you all for the help so far. The poeple on formes are AWSOME!!!!!! Thank you for helping out People with less PC know how.... You are superheroes

LeonCoertze, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CMD Activation of new Win 10 Install. - Similar Threads - CMD Activation Install

2. Win 10 license activation on new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 license activation on new build: Hi everyone I'm planning on building a new pc soon, but I'd like some reassurance before I make a start in a month or two. As I understand it if I link my Microsoft account to Windows 10 which I've not done yet then my digital license I upgraded from 7 will be stored on...
  3. new install of Win 10 with USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new install of Win 10 with USB: About ready to start a new build. I've already purchased my Win 10 OS. Should I use this after I finish the build or create a Win !0 installation USB with the key I have from the computer I'm using now. Also, any certain YouTube I should use if I go the USB route? Thank...
  4. Windows 10 cmd activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 cmd activation: Is it safe to activate Windows 10 using cmd? submitted by /u/FranzRothenberg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j43kay/windows_10_cmd_activation/
  5. Problem with new Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with new Win 10 install: I have a problem with Win 10 - can't rename anything pinned to Quick access in File Explorer. There is no rename option. If I rename something in properties, it renames the actual folder, not the entry in Quick access. Network paths have no option of renaming of any kind. I...
  6. Activating Win 10 on new hard disk

Activating Win 10 on new hard disk: Hi, So I have a laptop purchased 5 yrs ago that came with Win 8. I upgraded it to Win 10. The digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. My HDD is failing now, so I'll be buying a new SSD and would like to install the Windows on it. How can I proceed to install...
  7. installing win 10 on a new hdd

installing win 10 on a new hdd: I purchased a Sony laptop several years ago that came with win8 MS offered a free upgrade to win10 that I took advantage of When my unit crashed a while back, I was able to download a media creation tool to a flash drive. to reintall win 10 I now have to replace this hd...
  8. activation win 10 in new computer

activation win 10 in new computer: Hi, I know my English is terrible, but... I have a one big problem: I participated in the testing of windows 10 and I got a free key from you (unfortunately I lost it), I worked earlier on the original windows 7 but on the new computer I can not install win 7 because as...
  9. Install win 10 without activation

Install win 10 without activation: Hi all, A while back on this BBS I read about installing windows 10 without activating it because you want to give your computer away and want the new owner to activate and put in all the setting that they want. can some one post me the link to that? I can't find it....
  10. Win 10 clean install on a new SSD - Activation Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 clean install on a new SSD - Activation Questions: Hi, I had a question for the experts here prior to doing a Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD. Background – My 7-year-old PC came with pre-installed Win 7 Home Basic that I upgraded to Win 10 during the free offer. I used Windows 10 for a couple months before the power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cmd activation command

2. activate win 10 1903 cmd

3. activate windows 10 1903 cmd

4. win 10 activation by cmd file