Windows 10: CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON"

Discus and support CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To get the driver for an old audio interface to install, I have to run a script which includes the line "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" so that Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ricecrispies, Feb 11, 2017.

1. CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON"

To get the driver for an old audio interface to install, I have to run a script which includes the line "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" so that Windows will accept a modified inf file. This has worked fine on two other machines running Windows 10, but on my new laptop this command makes the CMD window crash without turning test signing on. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

ricecrispies, Feb 11, 2017

2. Windows 10 "TEST MODE" text covering whole screen.

Found the solution.

Run CMD As Administrator.

Run the command: bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Then run the command: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Restart your computer!

Hope this helps someone else with this problem.

WillAtherton, Feb 11, 2017
  3. Andersdn Win User
    Windows 10 Test Mode watermark

Andersdn, Feb 11, 2017
  4. Clint Win User

CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON"

Try this. bcdedit /set testsigning on

Clint, Feb 11, 2017
  5. I tried it, but it still crashes. I'd be surprised if the syntax was the problem now because the same command worked in the past.

ricecrispies, Feb 11, 2017
  6. ComputerGeek, Feb 11, 2017
  7. ricecrispies, Feb 11, 2017
  8. CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON"

I tried running the command in the other direction, to turn test signing off, and it didn't crash, but it also told me that I wasn't allowed to do it. I can't remember the exact message now, but it was something to do with locking down the boot process. This machine is new hardware with the OS installed by the manufacturer. I had previously installed the driver on older hardware with the OS installed from a disk. I suspect the difference lies somewhere there and I have more or less accepted that what I wanted to do is not possible.

ricecrispies, Feb 13, 2017
  9. lx07 Win User
    You could try turning off secure boot in BIOS. That blocks testsigning.

10. Clint Win User
    Did you turn off secure boot in BIOS?

Clint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON"

1. CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" - Similar Threads - CMD crashes running

2. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...
  3. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...
  4. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I've tried disabling VBS by using cmd and typing bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off. It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've tried disabling VBS by using cmd and typing bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off. It...: I tried disabling VBS on my computerWent to cmd, typed bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off with admin ofcourseRestarted computerI checked msinfo32 and it would still say VBS is runningTurned off core isolation by turning memory integrity off Restarted computer It still was...
  6. I've tried disabling VBS by using cmd and typing bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off. It...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've tried disabling VBS by using cmd and typing bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off. It...: I tried disabling VBS on my computerWent to cmd, typed bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off with admin ofcourseRestarted computerI checked msinfo32 and it would still say VBS is runningTurned off core isolation by turning memory integrity off Restarted computer It still was...
  7. I've tried disabling VBS by using cmd and typing bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off. It...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. CMD crashes

CMD crashes: When i open cmd it instantly crashes but when i run CMD /d it works so i think its because of some autorun process any ideas how to fix it i heard deleting autorun files would do it but when i tried next time i rebooted my computer it opend in cmd lucky i managed to fix it....
  9. CMD not running

CMD not running: I tried running CMD, and flashes and cloes in a instant in both normal, and run as administrator. I found a help forum which asked to try and run it in a different user account, for some reason this seems to work. However I am still unable to run CMD in the original user...
  10. BCDEDIT - In need of help adjusting settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    BCDEDIT - In need of help adjusting settings: ello, I did a bit of reading on micro lag/stutter and I'm working to resolve it on a new laptop. I had uncovered an article that said to run the below two commands. I ran the first as an admin in commandprompt - I saw little difference. I ran the second and my system ran...