Windows 10: cmd.exe: Add a font to list

Discus and support cmd.exe: Add a font to list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Cmd.exe allows six fonts: Conslolas, Courier New, Lucida Console, Lucida Sans Typewriter, MS Gothic, NSimSun. All are ugly and wide. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Feb 22, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

cmd.exe: Add a font to list

Cmd.exe allows six fonts: Conslolas, Courier New, Lucida Console, Lucida Sans Typewriter, MS Gothic, NSimSun. All are ugly and wide. Is there a way to add some other (yet undiscovered) font to the list or substitute one? Arial Narrow comes to mind. Possibly rename Arial Narrow to MS Gothic? Or reach into the exe with Resource Hacker?

:)

tcebob, Feb 22, 2017

2. All Hebrew fonts lost

Many Hebrew fonts were moved into an optional feature in Windows 10. Installing the fonts from an older version of Windows is
    not recommended! Instead, there are a couple of ways to get the optional font feature installed.

Most of the optional font features are associated with languages. In this case, if you were to add Hebrew into your language settings, the optional Hebrew font feature would be installed automatically. You can also install any of the optional font features
    manually.

Both of these are done in Settings.

• Click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    To add the Hebrew language to your language profile:

• In Settings, click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • If Hebrew is not included in your languages, click the "+" icon next to Add a language.
    • Scroll to find Tamil, then click on it to add it to your language list.Once you have added Hebrew to your language list, then the optional Hebrew font feature and other optional features for Hebrew language support will be installed, provided you are online.
      This should only take a few minutes.
    To manually add the optional Hebrew fonts feature:

• In Settings, click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Click on the link, Manage optional features.
    • If "Hebrew Supplemental Fonts" is not listed among the installed features, click on the "+" icon next to Add a feature.
    • Scroll to find "Hebrew Supplemental Fonts". Click on that item, then click on Install.
    • Click on the back arrow in the upper corner of the window.
    You should see the Hebrew feature in the list as installed or in the process of being installed.

For more details, or if you have a similar issue with fonts missing after upgrading to Windows 10, see the topic,

Some fonts are missing after upgrade

PeterCon [MSFT], Feb 22, 2017
  3. After Upgrade to Windows 10 - Lost DaunPenh Font - How Do I Recover The Font?

Hi, M. Amadeo.

The DaunPenh font is available for Windows 10 as an optional feature. The font was designed primarily for the Khmer language, though it also has Latin letters and can be used for English or other languages. Many international fonts that were always installed
    on every Windows system in the past have been moved into optional features in Windows 10 so that the fonts are not taking up resources for users that don't actually require the fonts.

If you want to create or edit documents in Cambodian, then the best solution for you would be to add Khmer into your language settings. This will automatically install the optional font feature. But if you don't actually use Khmer and don't want to change
    your language settings, you can also install the optional feature manually.

To add the Khmer language to your language profile:

• In Settings, click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • If Khmer is not included in your languages, click the "+" icon next to Add a language.
    • Scroll to find Khmer , then click on it to add it to your language list.

Once you have added Khmer to your language list, then the optional Khmer font feature and other optional features for Khmer language support will be installed, provided you are online. This should only take a few minutes.

To manually add the optional Khmer fonts feature:

• In Settings, click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Click on the link, Manage optional features.
    • If "Khmer Supplemental Fonts" is not listed among the installed features, click on the "+" icon next to Add a feature.
    • Scroll to find "Khmer Supplemental Fonts". Click on that item, then click on Install.
    • Click on the back arrow in the upper corner of the window.
    You should see the Khmer feature in the list as installed or in the process of being installed.

PeterCon [MSFT], Feb 22, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

On my RTM it's the Properties of the cmd.exe/Command Prompt shortcut and mine shows a couple of other Fonts, DejaVu Sans Mono and Liberation Mono plus some Raster Fonts, a few of which were added by WordPerfect.
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools

Berton, Feb 22, 2017
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    MS Gothic does not even display properly ("¥" replaces "\" etc.), or bold as selected:

cmd.exe: Add a font to list [​IMG]

Frankly, I see no problem with Consolas at default 16 point when the background and text colours are reversed to black on white

The old MSDOS type raster fonts change with every dimension change (10 sizes available): I like the familiar old "system" font at 8 x 12 pixels.

Remember, the console can only use monotype fonts where each character is an equal width to any other, so they may look like any old variety of typewriter font, and you won't get fonts like the Arial family.

Fafhrd, Feb 22, 2017
  6. tcebob Win User
    Right about monospace. I forgot that Arial Mono does not come with Windows so I downloaded and installed it and, sure enough, it appeared on the list. Not perfect, but an improvement.

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. cmd.exe: Add a font to list - Similar Threads - cmd exe Add

2. CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch: Recently i was doing some research on additional software for a game. I saw some vidos on YT and decided to download it even though i knew it could be a shady one. After i downloaded it, i laucnhed .exe file and nothing happened at first. Then it started flashing cmd on my...
  3. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  4. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  5. Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe: when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or Display setting, a cmd open and close right after and nothing happens, but if click on that cmd right before it close, it...
  6. How to add an .exe program running on win 10 pro to the proxy exclusion list?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add an .exe program running on win 10 pro to the proxy exclusion list?: Hello folks, I configured my win 10 proxy manually only specifying socks & excluding local traffic and all is working fine. I would now like to add apps & .exe progs to a/the exclusion list of the same proxy settings but I just can't find the proper settings or...
  7. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  8. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  9. cmd list for windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd list for windows 10: hi i would like to know all the commands for windows 10 but i cant find them so i was gana ask if anyone knowes the link thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-list-for-windows-10/94fd79a1-78bd-4cdb-bc0b-376b0ea3f578
  10. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms gothic not shouwing up in cmd fonts whatsoever