Windows 10: cmd.exe issues, cannot open command prompt to repair with SFC.

Discus and support cmd.exe issues, cannot open command prompt to repair with SFC. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys I'm new to this but figured this was the next best thing before involving a computer tech. Ever since yesterday I've been having issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EcliptiK, Jul 27, 2016.

1. EcliptiK Win User

cmd.exe issues, cannot open command prompt to repair with SFC.

Hi guys I'm new to this but figured this was the next best thing before involving a computer tech. Ever since yesterday I've been having issues with just about every game on my computer. League stopped patching for "unknown issues", got home today and Overwatch was having issues with agent.exe(blizzards command prompt to run battlenet) and when I try to open a command prompt to try and force repair, it refuses. Saying that it cannot open the application correctly. I saw that you should try running it as admin, but I can't elevate the command to make it open. I know you have to go through command prompt to enable yourself to do that also, which as you know I cannot. I ran multiple scans and my computer isn't finding any viruses, I'm just not sure what is going on here and how I can fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

EcliptiK, Jul 27, 2016
  2. suat.cini Win User

When I boot computer on windows 10 it gets stuck on black screen with blue logo and I dont get the spinning white circle

Please open a command prompt with Administrator privileges and run the following command, leaving a blank space before the slash.

SFC /SCANNOW

This will check Windows system files and try to repair if problems found. Sometimes it cannot repair them. Please advise the results.

suat.cini, Jul 27, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Can not open "Systemsteuerung" on Windows 10 computer

Can you open a command prompt admin and run;

sfc /scannow

This would be a good start.

If you cant find command prompt admin,

Right click the desktop and choose New .... Shortcut.

Type in cmd.exe push next and ok or close.

Right click it and Run as Administrator.

'Mike P, Jul 27, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

Did you try right clicking the Windows Start icon and selecting the inherent elevated command prompt option?

cmd.exe issues, cannot open command prompt to repair with SFC. [​IMG]

aardvark, Jul 27, 2016
  5. aardvark Win User
    duplicate post; please ignore.

aardvark, Jul 27, 2016
  6. EcliptiK Win User
    Yeah and I get the same error message.

EcliptiK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. cmd.exe issues, cannot open command prompt to repair with SFC. - Similar Threads - cmd exe issues

2. Command prompt sfc/scannow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt sfc/scannow not working: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I've included the CBS.log file below. My computer has a 50% chance to actually start and I feel like this may be the reason why. I haven't tried anything else to resolve the corrupt files,...
  3. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  4. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  5. Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.: My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as administrator, it opened the window but immediately got closed. The problem was not from PATH variables. Even directly going to...
  6. Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10: Hi, So, recently I've had this weird bug that I can't open my command prompt in normal mode or admin, the only way to open it is if I create a new user on my computer, this way I can open it but only in the new user session. When trying to open it it flashes, opens and...
  7. Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode: I am using win 10 pro. My initial problem is I cannot display list of wifi networks. I cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode. I've used all the trouble shooting steps on this site and nothing works. Short of throwing this PC out the window is there anything else I can try?...
  8. Cannot open task manager, run command prompt as admin, or open installer exe files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open task manager, run command prompt as admin, or open installer exe files: A recent update may have caused this, but overall I am not 100% sure. I went to open up Task Manager and when I did the prompt "The code execution cannot proceed because credui.dll was not found." So I went to look up solutions and one was a system scan through opening the...
  9. regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open: regedit, command prompt does not show run as administrator option and also does not open any .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.it says to look for an app in Microsoft store....
  10. CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists

CMD Prompt Cannot Find exe That Certainly Exists: I'm trying to create a batch file to open to applications, Spotify and Rainmeter, simultaneously. Spotify is, well, obviously a music player and rainmeter is an app that runs plugins, in this case I use it to display a visualizer and metadata on the TV in my living room. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repair cmd.exe cant open command prompt