Windows 10: CMD launch microft-edge in private mode to google search string syntax

Discus and support CMD launch microft-edge in private mode to google search string syntax in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I really am stuck I have a search string of "kent local car hire" I want to echo that to the Microsoft-edge browser with that search string... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by richhhhhh, Nov 14, 2017.

1. richhhhhh Win User

CMD launch microft-edge in private mode to google search string syntax

I really am stuck

I have a search string of "kent local car hire" I want to echo that to the Microsoft-edge browser with that search string

entered into the browser in google search.

start micrsoft-edge: Google

-private

Reason behind all of this is that I need to write a script to search for certain strings in private mode on google to check

absolute ranking for keywords for my website.

So I wanted to fire each long tail keyword indervidually in private mode from the CMD to check this.

then I will just replicate the line or put a if else endif kinda statement in if thats the same in CMD as CSH KSH c etc

If you peeps can shed any light on this I would me more than greatful

Cheers all

Rich

:)

richhhhhh, Nov 14, 2017

2. Auto link phone dialing string with wait and pause

Eureka! I added TEL: to the string, and my Windows phone is now able to dial the full string. Syntax:

TEL:<phone_number><special_characters><conference_ID>#, or from your example,

TEL:5555555555,,,1234#

I have not yet determined how adding TEL: to the dialing string effects Apple, Andriod or other phone OS'es.

I was not able to find this documented in Bing or Google searches, but remember seeing it in the "old" days of Blackberry.

JAMartinDell, Nov 14, 2017
  3. N96 Music problem...

Try this:

Go to the Storage Drives and delete the following files: (Mass storage E, Memory Card F)

\private\101ffca9\harvesterdbvx_x.dat

\private\10281e17\[string]mpxvx_x.db

\private\10281e17\[string]pcvx_x.db

* TIP: Connect the device in USB mass storage mode, to locate the private folder from the PC.

* TIP: STRING and x_x will change depending on your phone.

el_loco---01, Nov 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How to start Edge with batch file parameters - Microsoft Community

may help.

And using Autohotkey here is an idea for launching an in private session:
    How to launch Edge -inprivate by default Dan S. Charlton

http://www.trishtech.com/2015/08/use-inprivate-mode-in-edge-browser/

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  5. richhhhhh Win User
    Wow thanks thats perfect

Is there a way to direct a search string into the launched google webpage

echo "cars" > Google

or | pipe

Google | echo "car"

Cheers

Rich

richhhhhh, Nov 14, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I guess you could experiment with autohotkey- it's very good at manipulating windows, so if you could identify a way of directing the string to the appropriate field, that could work.

Somewhat as the example cited above.

When you launch a browser, the address field is the active one and also provides a search function, so simply sending the characters would probably work.

This is easy with Firefox:
    HowTo: Run Firefox From The Command Line nixCraft

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CMD launch microft-edge in private mode to google search string syntax - Similar Threads - CMD launch microft

2. Edge pre-launch and lots of Google processes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge pre-launch and lots of Google processes: My 83 year old brother emailed me with a couple of questions about Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome in Windows 10 Home. The first question was about Edge pre-launching which I directed him to Option Two, Step 3 of @Brink tutorial on this page. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge...
  3. Microft jigsaw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microft jigsaw: Microsoft jigsaw games will not load Moved from: Surface Go / Wi-Fi and Internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/microft-jigsaw/93e7c248-8c1e-4d53-8502-0251a56912f2
  4. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806
  5. Google Search not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google Search not working in Edge: I have google.com.au set as home page as I mainly start browsing with a search. I first started to have problems last night when opening a new TAB for a new search and selecting Home page rather than using the Bing search on the new TAB. As soon as I start typing the search...
  6. Google search for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google search for Edge: I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it...
  7. Windows Syntax & Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Syntax & Search: Hi! . I want to search for strings that occur within the contents of text files. . I am definitely missing something with respect to Windows' search syntax or Windows in general...sorry! . To avoid the complexity of my specific issue, I created the following test...
  8. Searching for documents with a specific text string

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for documents with a specific text string: In WinXP it was possible to search for documents that have a specific text string (meaning a phrase or a word) WITHIN them. In other words, you type in some word or phrase and the "find" function in XP turns up all the documents that contain it. Is it possible to do...
  9. Windows 10 string text search problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 string text search problem: I recently updated from 8.1 to 10 and discovered that windows stopped searching inside odt files, in content. It only search in file names. Earlier in 8.1 it worked perfectly fine. I tried to: rebuild index, made sure folder is indexed (it is, searching inside doc or rtf...
  10. Safe Mode CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode CMD: Okay so i downloaded a custom theme from Deviart. When i ran the theme it brought me to a blue screen and please wait like normal. i got an error message that said the application failed so i clicked okay. it brought me back to the login screen at the wrong screen resolution....