Windows 10: CMD launch microft-edge in private mode to google search string syntax

Discus and support CMD launch microft-edge in private mode to google search string syntax in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I really am stuck I have a search string of "kent local car hire" I want to echo that to the Microsoft-edge browser with that search string... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by richhhhhh, Nov 14, 2017.

1. richhhhhh Win User

CMD launch microft-edge in private mode to google search string syntax

I really am stuck

I have a search string of "kent local car hire" I want to echo that to the Microsoft-edge browser with that search string

entered into the browser in google search.

start micrsoft-edge: Google

-private

Reason behind all of this is that I need to write a script to search for certain strings in private mode on google to check

absolute ranking for keywords for my website.

So I wanted to fire each long tail keyword indervidually in private mode from the CMD to check this.

then I will just replicate the line or put a if else endif kinda statement in if thats the same in CMD as CSH KSH c etc

If you peeps can shed any light on this I would me more than greatful

Cheers all

Rich

:)

richhhhhh, Nov 14, 2017

2. Auto link phone dialing string with wait and pause

Eureka! I added TEL: to the string, and my Windows phone is now able to dial the full string. Syntax:

TEL:<phone_number><special_characters><conference_ID>#, or from your example,

TEL:5555555555,,,1234#

I have not yet determined how adding TEL: to the dialing string effects Apple, Andriod or other phone OS'es.

I was not able to find this documented in Bing or Google searches, but remember seeing it in the "old" days of Blackberry.

JAMartinDell, Nov 14, 2017
  3. N96 Music problem...

Try this:

Go to the Storage Drives and delete the following files: (Mass storage E, Memory Card F)

\private\101ffca9\harvesterdbvx_x.dat

\private\10281e17\[string]mpxvx_x.db

\private\10281e17\[string]pcvx_x.db

* TIP: Connect the device in USB mass storage mode, to locate the private folder from the PC.

* TIP: STRING and x_x will change depending on your phone.

el_loco---01, Nov 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How to start Edge with batch file parameters - Microsoft Community

may help.

And using Autohotkey here is an idea for launching an in private session:
    How to launch Edge -inprivate by default Dan S. Charlton

http://www.trishtech.com/2015/08/use-inprivate-mode-in-edge-browser/

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  5. richhhhhh Win User
    Wow thanks thats perfect

Is there a way to direct a search string into the launched google webpage

echo "cars" > Google

or | pipe

Google | echo "car"

Cheers

Rich

richhhhhh, Nov 14, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I guess you could experiment with autohotkey- it's very good at manipulating windows, so if you could identify a way of directing the string to the appropriate field, that could work.

Somewhat as the example cited above.

When you launch a browser, the address field is the active one and also provides a search function, so simply sending the characters would probably work.

This is easy with Firefox:
    HowTo: Run Firefox From The Command Line nixCraft

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CMD launch microft-edge in private mode to google search string syntax - Similar Threads - CMD launch microft

2. ren cmd syntax error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ren cmd syntax error: I get a syntax error when trying to globally rename the directories below; for example, to change the "x" to a number, e.g., "2," These directories are contained in a sub-directory within my Documents, and these directories have sub-directories inside of them.The format of...
  3. What is the syntax of search strings in File Explorer's search box?

What is the syntax of search strings in File Explorer's search box?: File Explorer has a search box in the upper right. If I type the string ~* then it doesn't just search for filenames starting with tilde. Somehow I found that I can type file:~"*~*" and it finds all filenames containing a tilde. But tomorrow I might want to search for...
  4. Wat is the syntax of search strings in File Explorer's search box?

Wat is the syntax of search strings in File Explorer's search box?: File Explorer has a search box in the upper right. If I type the string ~* then it doesn't just search for filenames starting with tilde. Somehow I found that I can type file:~"*~*" and it finds all filenames containing a tilde. But tomorrow I might want to search for...
  5. Multi String Search - Search Multiple Strings At Same Time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi String Search - Search Multiple Strings At Same Time!: Hi guys, Just to share with you "Multi String Search", a portable tool that allows multiple strings to be searched at same time. Multi String Search (Web Page) [img] 166155
  6. Syntax for a search URL

in Browsers and Email
    Syntax for a search URL: A long time ago, when I had Avant Browser, there was a system for pasting a URL in a browser's address bar, & putting something at the end that would go to a specific site & do a search there. It has something to do with %s or \%s, I can't recall. For example, if you wanted...
  7. Microft Edge issues

in Browsers and Email
    Microft Edge issues: I have run Win 10 quite a long time w/o issue - yea! Recently, I noticed that edge was 'not responding', even with only 1 window open and nothing else running alongside. I opened task manager and The dropdown for Edge to find what you see in the pic here. Any help is greatly...
  8. Google Search not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google Search not working in Edge: I have google.com.au set as home page as I mainly start browsing with a search. I first started to have problems last night when opening a new TAB for a new search and selecting Home page rather than using the Bing search on the new TAB. As soon as I start typing the search...
  9. Google search for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google search for Edge: I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it...
  10. Windows Syntax & Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Syntax & Search: Hi! . I want to search for strings that occur within the contents of text files. . I am definitely missing something with respect to Windows' search syntax or Windows in general...sorry! . To avoid the complexity of my specific issue, I created the following test...