Windows 10: CMD not working.

Discus and support CMD not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My CMD is not opening. Everything else seems perfect and powershell works. Anyone know how to repair it? I tried the restore health line in powershell,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DigDugFighter, Mar 13, 2018.

1. CMD not working.

My CMD is not opening. Everything else seems perfect and powershell works. Anyone know how to repair it? I tried the restore health line in powershell, it didn't work.

EDIT: I opened just now and it said something about sound mixer, sat for a min and closed out. Then trying to open it again and instantly closes.....

:)

DigDugFighter, Mar 13, 2018

2. cmd not working properly

Hi Shahebaz,

It's a strange thing that you can't launch your command prompt.

Please provide the following for us to be able to learn more about what happened on your command prompt:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • What were the recent changes made before you can't open a command prompt? Like installing an app or a program?
    • Have you tried searching for it in Cortana? If yes, did the same issue happen?

In the meantime, let's perform a Clean Boot to make sure that no app is causing this.
    Clean Boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when running or installing a program in Windows 10.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the issue persists, let's see if it will if we use a new administrator account.
    This will let us know if your account itself is corrupted.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Mar 13, 2018
  4. CMD not working.

Can you run CMD from PowerShell and see if it stays open?

Code: Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS U:\> cmd Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. U:\>[/quote]

PolarNettles, Mar 13, 2018
  5. KCR
    KCR Win User
    Mine opens, but I have a different issue. . .
    I have to put an .exe after the command? ?

CMD not working. [​IMG]

Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong?

6. Samuria Win User
    From a cmd prompt type
    set
    that will give you the path then find sfc and make sure its in the path

Samuria, Mar 13, 2018
  7. KCR
    KCR Win User
    Thank you. . .

BTW, I think I just hijacked DigDugFighters' thread; that wasn't my intent, and I apologize. . . *Redface

8. CMD not working.

[/quote] I couldn't get that to work. I will try /sfc soon. Forgot to do that.

DigDugFighter, Mar 14, 2018
  9. What happens when you try to run CMD from PowerShell?

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CMD not working.

1. CMD not working. - Similar Threads - CMD working

2. Windows Screenshot Ability Not Working Tried cmd commands, safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Screenshot Ability Not Working Tried cmd commands, safe boot: As you can see in the title, i literally cannot screenshot anymore out of nowhere. Waiting for your help. Screen SnipAlso the image is from google but this is what im talking about....
  3. Windows Screenshot Ability Not Working Tried cmd commands, safe boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Screenshot Ability Not Working Tried cmd commands, safe boot: As you can see in the title, i literally cannot screenshot anymore out of nowhere. Waiting for your help. Screen SnipAlso the image is from google but this is what im talking about....
  4. i tried all ways from cmd powershell till settings my laptop's camera isnt working and i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i tried all ways from cmd powershell till settings my laptop's camera isnt working and i...: i tried all ways from cmd powershell till settings my laptop's camera isnt working and i cant install the media pack for that n and kn thingy...
  5. i tried all ways from cmd powershell till settings my laptop's camera isnt working and i...

i tried all ways from cmd powershell till settings my laptop's camera isnt working and i...: i tried all ways from cmd powershell till settings my laptop's camera isnt working and i cant install the media pack for that n and kn thingy...
  6. How do i solve my cmd not working/opening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i solve my cmd not working/opening?: So, due to some settings my cmd stopped working and it is not working or rather it is not opening. Now when I try to run cmd it shows error. It shows like a missing file.Sorry imange upload error!...
  7. How do i solve my cmd not working/opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i solve my cmd not working/opening?: So, due to some settings my cmd stopped working and it is not working or rather it is not opening. Now when I try to run cmd it shows error. It shows like a missing file.Sorry imange upload error!...
  8. How do i solve my cmd not working/opening?

9. Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd: Hello community well i am asking weird problem may be its simple one for some but i tried all the regular methods on internet to troubleshoot this issue but i don't know what cause it i think its an update so the issue is when i connected through wired connection my apps like...
  10. Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd

Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd: Hello community well i am asking weird problem may be its simple one for some but i tried all the regular methods on internet to troubleshoot this issue but i don't know what cause it i think its an update so the issue is when i connected through wired connection my apps like...