Windows 10: Cmd process popping up every so often, how do I stop this?

Discus and support Cmd process popping up every so often, how do I stop this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I just created an account now because I'm struggling to deal with a problem on my computer - hopefully someone with a better understanding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Etiological, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Cmd process popping up every so often, how do I stop this?

Hello all, I just created an account now because I'm struggling to deal with a problem on my computer - hopefully someone with a better understanding of system processes can help me out a bit.

I recently had to reset my computer to fix a problem with inability to select the task bar or open the start menu, ever since then I've been having a problem with a cmd process occasionally opening and disappearing - too fast for me to read unfortunately; it's near instant.

It is quite annoying, especially in the middle of a game when it makes the game semi ALT+Tab (essentially pausing the game) and forcing me to ALT-Tab back in. I took some initiative and ran process monitor in order to catch what is opening cmd, I've included the image:

Cmd process popping up every so often, how do I stop this? [​IMG]

If someone could please help me with this nuisance, I would be most grateful.

:)

Etiological, Dec 12, 2016

2. cortana

How do I stop Cortana frm popping up every so often/

Moved from: MSN / Settings and personalization / Personalizing my content / All

loren (live.com, Dec 12, 2016
  3. zossman Win User
    Nokia E71X Question

For some reason, every now and something on my screen pops up and it says "headphones" and 3 or 4 other things...i just hit cancel, and it pops up every so often...it is really annoying...any idea of what it could be/how i could get it to stop?

zossman, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Cmd process popping up every so often, how do I stop this?

Caledon Ken, Dec 12, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    For the record that solution is to use NirSoft's TaskSchedulerView, and within the tool to search for BAT or CMD (those being the common extensions for batch files at the command line. Given the impending switchover to PowerShell, you'd want to add PS1 to that collection to be more thorough.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cmd process popping up every so often, how do I stop this?

1. Cmd process popping up every so often, how do I stop this? - Similar Threads - Cmd process popping

2. How do I stop this pop up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop this pop up?: I'm on windows 11 and keep getting a constant pop up for Windows Security, "workplace or school account connecting to ... enter username and password. I have removed the school account from Microsoft Edge and there is no such account when I go to Settings -> Accounts ->...
  3. How do I stop this pop up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop this pop up?: I'm on windows 11 and keep getting a constant pop up for Windows Security, "workplace or school account connecting to ... enter username and password. I have removed the school account from Microsoft Edge and there is no such account when I go to Settings -> Accounts ->...
  4. Cmd pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cmd pop up: Hi, This is Nishant on this side. I am facing an issue regarding the cmd pop-up. As I plug in my power cable to my laptop the cmd pop-ups and disappears immediately and this is happening for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Is there any kind of virus or malware making this problem or...
  5. HOW DO I STOP THESE GARBAGE POP UPS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO I STOP THESE GARBAGE POP UPS: EVEY TIME I TRY TO USE THE ITERNET I GET THIS M S ****[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-these-garbage-pop-ups/4ec0772c-dc44-4977-858b-a38f0aa69964
  6. When I turned on this computer this message pops up every so often. I have to click “Remind...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I turned on this computer this message pops up every so often. I have to click “Remind...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Xavier0021 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jps5q4/when_i_turned_on_this_computer_this_message_pops/
  7. Cmd pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd pop up: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This pop up appears after fresh install and reboot should I be worried? I don't know what the command line is in the 2nd cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up/d24ee170-f6c4-46fa-9ddc-a07e2373477b
  8. CMD pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD pop up: Just recently CMD has popped up at start up. Flashes on for a few seconds, no message, its blank. I have tried all the suggestions on line, even stopping Microsoft services that seems to work but gets rid of on screen caps indication. Running Windows 10 on a Acer laptop....
  9. Does anyone know why this pop's up every so often on the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know why this pop's up every so often on the start menu search?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThrowawayNum89 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxrt6b/does_anyone_know_why_this_pops_up_every_so_often/
  10. Mcafee pop ups- how do I stop these !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee pop ups- how do I stop these !!!: How do WE stop these pop ups by Mc Afee!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcafee-pop-ups-how-do-i-stop-these/9154499a-e6b3-4885-a40a-1ff68ef34d7f