Windows 10: CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search...

Discus and support CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search engine or application is activated. Lately it seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andre_Sherbrooke, Jul 29, 2018.

1. CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search...

CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search engine or application is activated. Lately it seems to be getting worse.

* never used cmd functions, never changed registry settings.

* WIN 10, Creators update, 1803 (2018-06-08); OS Build # 17134.165

Please advise. Thanks!

:)

Andre_Sherbrooke, Jul 29, 2018

2. CMD keeps running for a seconds an close by itself

How can I fix the problem that the CMD window opens for a few seconds and then close by itself

Sherif.Magdy75, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Whenever i click on sign in with microsoft account a pop up screen flashes for a fraction of a second and closes

Original title: Can't login with microsoft account

Whenever i click on sign in with microsoft account a pop up screen flashes for a fraction of a second and closes

Not able to use cortana becose of this

Please help

Yashraj Dhanare, Jul 29, 2018
  4. CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search...

"Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.

Hi Hirsty,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • If yes, what exactly is the error message?
    This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search...

1. CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search... - Similar Threads - CMD prompt keeps

2. Cmd prompt randomly opens runs a script and closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd prompt randomly opens runs a script and closes: When Im doing stuff like school work or playing video games command prompt randomly opens up and closes. Its really annoying and im scared theres something wrong with my pc and i really hope its not messed up. Once i caught it and it says it was "terminating damaged files"...
  3. CMD window opens for a second and closes again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD window opens for a second and closes again.: Hello, out of nowhere MCD window started popping up on my screen for a split second, I ran Malware bytes, ESET, Microsoft Defender, and a lot of the programs that could help me detect malware or a virus but none of them found anything. What can I do about it, and what is...
  4. CMD window opens for a second and closes again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD window opens for a second and closes again.: Hello, out of nowhere MCD window started popping up on my screen for a split second, I ran Malware bytes, ESET, Microsoft Defender, and a lot of the programs that could help me detect malware or a virus but none of them found anything. What can I do about it, and what is...
  5. CMD window opens for a second and closes again.

6. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  7. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  8. Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.: My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as administrator, it opened the window but immediately got closed. The problem was not from PATH variables. Even directly going to...
  9. random cmd prompt keeps opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random cmd prompt keeps opening: So when I'm using the computer minding my own business a random cmd prompt keeps opening with nothing written on it at the link on top of it it says the usual cmd prompt but then it says something like nutdsr I think so i will try to post a screenshot of it if I can. I'm just...
  10. All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All login prompts within Windows not opening - Flashes for a second then closes: I noticed this problem as I needed to download an app from the Microsoft Store and noticed I wasn't signed in. If I try and sign-in to the Microsoft Store the login window pops up for a microsecond then disappears. The same happens in all areas of Windows where a login...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd flashes for a second

2. cmd prompt keeps flashing