Windows 10: Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot

Discus and support Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Would an Autoexec Bat file work? Maybe turning off hibernate (?) The problem is on my Asus UX303LA laptop with Fast Start on I can't boot from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jm44jg39, Nov 18, 2017.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot

Would an Autoexec Bat file work? Maybe turning off hibernate (?)
    The problem is on my Asus UX303LA laptop with Fast Start on I can't boot from a recovery usb. If I turn off Fast Startup all is well and the computer boots.
    What would be be the code?

Thanks

:)

jm44jg39, Nov 18, 2017
  2. Wagsport Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow to boot up

Sorry it didn't work for you - I guess it was always a long shot. Funnily enough, on my PC the effect of turning OFF fast startup is reproducible. With fast startup turned ON, the boot is either very slow or it stalls on the first attempt, while a subsequent
    boot gives a quick start; with fast startup turned OFF, the first boot always works normally. Can a computer experience a placebo effect? ;-)

Wagsport, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 powers down on boot after shut down

fast startup it causes my PC to boot to the windows logo then shuts down, second time boots normal

I turned off fast startup boots normal

DavidTunnyhill, Nov 18, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I like to turn off hibernation, which removes the hiberfil.sys file and also disables fast startup. Command Prompt (Admin):

powercfg -h off

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Why look for a complicated solution when there's an easy one?

No, if you shut down with fast startup turned on you (and I) can't boot from a USB.

So I use Restart instead. That does a full start up from cold and will allow you to boot from your USB.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Also holding down shift key when clicking on shutdown also does a complete shutdown.

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2017
  7. jm44jg39 Win User
    Thanks...your solutions solved the problem.

jm44jg39, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot - Similar Threads - Cmd prompt turn

2. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup: is it ok to turn off fast startup bc i research about my pc bc everytime i check on my pc it says windows was not properly shutdown even i dont using my pc that time it says windows was not properly shutdown and it says windows successfully update in down of it does turning...
  3. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup: is it ok to turn off fast startup bc i research about my pc bc everytime i check on my pc it says windows was not properly shutdown even i dont using my pc that time it says windows was not properly shutdown and it says windows successfully update in down of it does turning...
  4. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows (or some other program) turned fast startup off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows (or some other program) turned fast startup off: My pc was working fine, and i quite enjoyed the feature since I still am rocking an hdd. Does anybody here know why either windows or some other program woud turn this feature off? submitted by /u/Bena437 [link] [comments]...
  6. Turning off Fast Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Fast Boot: Hello, to turn off fast boot enough to turn off it in bios? Or I should do in windows too? (I need to turn that off dont ask) submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiwqb5/turning_off_fast_boot/
  7. after booting cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after booting cmd prompt: sir please resolve my problem when system is on a cmd prompt shown 'c\users\user\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\lawctcfw\wcificsv.exe[ATTACH]...
  8. Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off: As stated in the title. Since i got the Creators Update, my computer will not shutdown and continues to "fast startup" with all my previous windows still open, even with the setting turned off. Checked the BIOS setting for this as well and made sure it was set to 0. Really...
  9. Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?: As I get ready to do a clean install of 10074 I am curious about the need to disable secure boot and fast boot options. If I do disable secure boot do I need to enable legacy boot? I have had limited success with previous installs to a 2nd hard drive and the problems that...
  10. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turn off Fast Startup from cmd