Windows 10: CMD Prompt window flashes and then disappears while web-browsing.

Discus and support CMD Prompt window flashes and then disappears while web-browsing. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In Windows, is there a log that records what programs were run/called? While browsing the internet, viewing a static page with no ads, mouse clicks,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thelps, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Thelps Win User

CMD Prompt window flashes and then disappears while web-browsing.

In Windows, is there a log that records what programs were run/called?
    While browsing the internet, viewing a static page with no ads, mouse clicks, keypresses, or miscellaneous plugins/addons/scripts running, I just saw a spontaneous CMD.exe console pop open and then immediately close in a flash, fast enough that I wasn't able to see anything in the window -- and with no apparent triggering on my part.
    I'm wondering if there is some type of Windows log that shows what programs have been run/called/activated? I'd like to see what was happening behind the scenes when this console window flashed, and hopefully determine it wasn't something rogue.

I'm particularly concerned this might be one of the following:

Virus, Spyware, Trojan, RAT, Malware, malicious software etc.

Indicative of a program hijacking my WiFi signal in a WiFi MitM (Man-in-the-Middle) type of exploit.

I'm aware it might not be anything as serious but would prefer to assume the worst since I don't want anyone spying on me.

Antivirus full-scan hasn't detected anything.

:)

Thelps, Jun 11, 2017

2. CMD window appears and disappears

Ok, anyway, this is what I did to make the cmd windows not to close:

When i double click ipconfig.exe, it closes autmatically but when

opened cmd from the start menu and typed: C:\Windows\System32\ipconfig.exe

it didn't close.

Hope this helps.

Srikanthsd, Jun 11, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    CMD window appears and disappears

ipconfig is concerned with your network adapters.

• Check that your Network adapter drivers are up to date and enabled

• Check Startup tab of task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) for anything strange starting with Windows

• Windows + R Key simultaneously to open run dialog, type msconfig, in the resultant dialog check for any suspicious service that is not a Microsoft Service that starts with windows

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Jun 11, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    Have a look at this thread:
    Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears. Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Start with Post #13, post a screenshot of what the command finds for you.
    admin command prompt:
    Code: Get-BitsTransfer -AllUsers | select -ExpandProperty FileList | Select -ExpandProperty RemoteName[/quote]

simrick, Jun 11, 2017
  5. Bobby Phoenix, Jun 13, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CMD Prompt window flashes and then disappears while web-browsing. - Similar Threads - CMD Prompt window

2. Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs: Just browsing web and listening to music, then BSOD.It happens randomly, maybe hours a time or days a time.I reinstalled a fresh new Windows 11, but the problem is not solved.Here is the minidump file.https://ufile.io/u5abwy3v...
  3. Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs: Just browsing web and listening to music, then BSOD.It happens randomly, maybe hours a time or days a time.I reinstalled a fresh new Windows 11, but the problem is not solved.Here is the minidump file.https://ufile.io/u5abwy3v...
  4. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  5. BSOD while browsing the web...

BSOD while browsing the web...: Hi, my pc crashed suddenly, and i got a minidump file to analyze. Hope someone can help me out.Thank youminidump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12X38r4Odx8VlDAbWZANotkYJZbI1uW-_/view?usp=sharing...
  6. web browsing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web browsing: hi I'm trying to access a page on explorer and soon as i sign in it says ive been redirected and it wont load it does on my phone but not on here since i updated to the new 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/web-browsing/714c760a-6b40-4be6-8475-29077043dce3
  7. Web browsing

Web browsing: Some websites dont work on my computer at various times, Quick assist keeps trying to load, and I cant log out of my old account or add a new one. There are certain websites that I can browse no problem, but I cannot log onto my school sites or google account. When I diagnose...
  8. web Browsing

in Windows 10 Customization
    web Browsing: i am unable to open google chrome i my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browsing/00d1eb13-f76b-480c-98f5-70de13094678
  9. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR while web browsing

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR while web browsing: Hey to whoever reads my post, I was browsing some sites yesterday (no other apps were opened except for the browser) and I suddenly got massive screen corruption. Basically, it looked like a VRAM issue - the top bar was covered with red squares, the taskbar went green with...
  10. BSOD while browsing the web

BSOD while browsing the web: Recently I keep on getting the BSOD while I am on google. Doesn't matter what site I go onto it just happens but not all the time. I've tried updating drivers and BIOS but still keep getting the problem. Also sometimes when I restart or Shut Down my PC it freezes on the blue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd flashes disappears windows 10