Windows 10: CMD Randomly opens..

Discus and support CMD Randomly opens.. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I just reformatted my PC and did a fresh install of windows 10 as my computer was running into some issues. The install went fine I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Predicting, Jan 25, 2016.

1. CMD Randomly opens..

Hey guys,

So I just reformatted my PC and did a fresh install of windows 10 as my computer was running into some issues. The install went fine I reinstalled all of the computers drivers from the manufacturers website. My computer is custom built, so I had to go around to the different websites for the different drivers. Now the first couple of days of the reformat everything was fine my computer was running perfectly just as if it was brand new, but recently command prompt randomly opens for about 0.5 seconds flashing text then disappears it doesn't happen often, but it is an annoyance as it will close me out of full screen apps etc. I managed to hit print screen when it popped up once here is what it says...

Attachment 60686

I looked it up online and I found a few posts, but no solutions. A few people said they reinstalled their AMD drivers, but I have no AMD equipment in my computer all Intel and Nvidia. I double checked my intel, and Nvidia drivers and they were all up to date as far as I aware. Does anyone have any solution to this? I've been desperately trying to find a solution, but have gone no where.

Thanks for all your help,

:)

Predicting, Jan 25, 2016

2. CMD not opening

can you use Powershell as an alternative?

What happens if you go to C:\Windows\System32 via File Explorer and run cmd from there?

pestell159, Jan 25, 2016
  3. CMD not opening

If you are running Windows 10 1709, try uninstalling KB4048955.

Press Windows key + R

Type: appwiz.cpl

Hit Enter

Click View installed updates

Select the recent update

(This is the update you want to uninstall KB4048955)

Right click it then click uninstall.

Restart then see if stability is restored.

The update might try to install again. So, try blocking it.

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?

Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Andre Da Costa, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

CMD Randomly opens..

1. CMD Randomly opens.. - Similar Threads - CMD Randomly opens

2. A random CMD promt window keeps on opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A random CMD promt window keeps on opening: I reinstalled windows 10 and after that I keeps on getting a random CMD window pop up and it stays for a milisecond and then gone and I dont know what is it or what is happening can anyone please help...
  3. Random cmd window opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random cmd window opening: About once a day, a random cmd window opens for about half a second. Then a random chrome tab opens up. The parts blurred out is my last name from my windows profile thing.I have tried the microsoft safety scanner many times and there are 0 threats....
  4. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  5. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  6. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  8. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. random cmd prompt keeps opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random cmd prompt keeps opening: So when I'm using the computer minding my own business a random cmd prompt keeps opening with nothing written on it at the link on top of it it says the usual cmd prompt but then it says something like nutdsr I think so i will try to post a screenshot of it if I can. I'm just...
  10. CMD Randomly opens.. Need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CMD Randomly opens.. Need help: Hey guys, So I just reformatted my PC and did a fresh install of windows 10 as my computer was running into some issues. The install went fine I reinstalled all of the computers drivers from the manufacturers website. My computer is custom built, so I had to go around to...