Windows 10: CMD run as administrator registry

Discus and support CMD run as administrator registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have an automated sysprep process that works fine for windows 8 but not in windows 10. The whole process runs when run manually through an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by br3nno360, May 9, 2016.

1. br3nno360 Win User

CMD run as administrator registry

We have an automated sysprep process that works fine for windows 8 but not in windows 10.

The whole process runs when run manually through an elevated cmd prompt but after sysprep i need the cmd prompts to be automatically elevated to prompt for a computer name change.

In windows 8 you could add a registry entry that would allow the cmd prompt to elevate without prompt.
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
    "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe"="RUNASADMIN"

this is no longer a working option in windows 10. *Mad
    Any one know any other ways around it?

:)

br3nno360, May 9, 2016

2. Can't open cmd as administrator

You should write an article about it for the Community.

Myself, I'll just wait for the movie.

5c66d81a-1cc8-4430-ba2e-a43be2595fdb, May 9, 2016
  3. Can't open cmd as administrator

Uh, ladies and gentlemen?

I was researching your issue a bit to see if I could find anything that might help. Now, this is going to sound weird but the folks on this thread insist that the fix works.

You might as well give it a try:

Windows 10 Administrator problem

PLEASE let us know if this helps you...if it does I want to find a Tech and DEMAND why!

5c66d81a-1cc8-4430-ba2e-a43be2595fdb, May 9, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Hope Kari sees this, if not send him a message, he's authority for sysprep around here.

CountMike, May 9, 2016
Thema:

1. CMD run as administrator registry - Similar Threads - CMD run administrator

2. not able to run as administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not able to run as administrator: not able to run as Administrator. Why would they do this. I have 3 new Pcs ready to go to another os. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-as-administrator/f15d267c-b79c-44d2-b0a6-fa93ab65c7ab"
  3. Useful CMD commands (administrator)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Useful CMD commands (administrator): Hello, Please send me all the CMD commands required for leptop and what role does CMD have in my order. I'm mentioning that on leptop I installed Windows 10 Home version 1809 Thank you! A wonderful day!...
  4. Run as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run as Administrator: At boot up prior to my default person login can I log in as administrator and where do you sing in? Also every time I do the NET USER function for administrator when it reboots the only people I see at boot up are the two people with accounts. Where is administrator?...
  5. run,cmd not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    run,cmd not opening: i opened my start menu and in that i opened windows system in which there is no run and cmd options only taskmanager is present hoe to re insall run and cmd...
  6. need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file: Hey, Probable pretty easy for some of you but after a bit of googling I can't quite figure it out. I need to run a command within CMD as administrator within a batch file which then users can just run. Any ideas would be great. Dan...
  7. Not Running as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Running as Administrator: Hey all, anyone experiencing issues with Running as Administrator ever since the last W10 update? To overcome a printing error in Final Draft I have to run the program as administrator, but ever since the last update, the program simply doesn't start after I hit "Yes"...
  8. Administrator Access for Registry Edit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Access for Registry Edit: I need to make two registry edits to change my 3G/4G connection to non-metered (since I get unlimited data and hate the Outlook 2016 metered connection warning). When I tried to make the registry edit, it said I needed administrative privileges. My account is an...
  9. Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry is not starting from main .exe, RUN and in cmd: i have no idea what's making it not pop up im trying all the ways to get it to open, i tried: * regedit in run(win+r) * registry.exe in cmd with admin rights * clicking on the main .exe located in the windows folder 18138
  10. Run as "Full administrator"

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as "Full administrator": [img] Nothing I can do will make this block go away. I started the program as administrator (though I am the only user and an administrator). I opened the Administrator user account and ran it: same result. I took ownership using TakeOwnershipEx.exe. Could maybe be a bug?...