Windows 10: CMD Stuck in Unicode

Discus and support CMD Stuck in Unicode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm editing this as I 'solved' the first issue I had and found the underlying issue (which I'm not sure how to solve): Some instances of cmd (if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HawkinsT, Jul 22, 2016.

1. HawkinsT Win User

CMD Stuck in Unicode

I'm editing this as I 'solved' the first issue I had and found the underlying issue (which I'm not sure how to solve):

Some instances of cmd (if I run a batch script or right click > Open command window here) are set to unicode (Active code page: 65001), which causes problems for some programs I use. I can change it back to default with chcp 850, which works, but whenever I close the cmd window, it resets to unicode again. If I open cmd through run > cmd however, it is defaulting to 850 as it should however.

Through google I checked [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\Autorun], and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage\OEMCP] to see if the chcp setting is being overridden in either of those locations, but it's not.

Solved
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe]
    "CodePage"=dword:0000fde9

was the offending entry *Smile.

:)

HawkinsT, Jul 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 cmd is set to autorun, so my PC tells me. How do I change it back?

I used the cmd prompt to check a micro SD memory card. It got stuck and I had to do a hard power off to exit cmd. Now I get a message that cmd is set to autorun. How do I change it back?

dayhiker4k, Jul 22, 2016
  3. J-Parks Win User
    Windows Update won't load in Update And Security settings

Deleted the files, it's still stuck on the loading screen. + the cmd command doesn't work

J-Parks, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

CMD Stuck in Unicode

1. CMD Stuck in Unicode - Similar Threads - CMD Stuck Unicode

2. Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window: Hi guys, long story short. Noticed that my CPU always was at 100% and that soundmixer.exe was the cause to it. After some googling i decided to remove it from regedit and restarted the computer. Now when i start the computer i'm stuck with a black screen and a CMD window,...
  3. Unicode in Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unicode in Notepad: I copy a bunch of .txt files saved with UTF-8 type from my old computer (Win7) to a new one (Win10). When I open these .txt files, they all become garbage. Even after I SAVE AS with UTF-8, they still show garbage. How do I recover them?...
  4. CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors": Hey guys, Recently my laptop gone nuts, it lags at times and the final time I restarted it, it engages system repair mode. Me and my wife tried several repair methods from everywhere we can find just to recover our files from being wiped out. But now we are stuck at:...
  5. Typing in unicode _ Tamil

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing in unicode _ Tamil: I need to type in Tamil (language). I find only one typewriter style in the language section. This style is not proper Tamil Typing method. But, it is phonetic typing. Is there any way to install another Tamil keyboard?...
  6. Unicode Marathi fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unicode Marathi fonts: I am a writer, and have 6 books in Marathi language authored by me. I have been using Unicode Marathi phonetic keyboard for writing since last 12 years. But since yesterday, I find that the Unicode Marathi font and its phonetic keyboard are no longer available. May I know...
  7. Unicode Hindi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unicode Hindi: There is no option for the question mark symbol when we type by switching to the keyboard to Unicode Hindi. Every time I have to type the symbol then I have to switch to the English option. I was wondering if either the option of the symbol could be added any other...
  8. Unicode and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unicode and Windows 10: As a beginner, I'm stumbling from one headache to another. I'm wanting to work with a foreign language (tag = ksw-Mymr) on my early model Windows Surface Pro that is running Windows 10 Windows has published a Language pack that provides most of the characters I need...
  9. UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....

in Windows 10 Support
    UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....: there is no unicode on windows 10 help please and paint it black. 13183
  10. Unicodes and language packs

in Windows 10 Support
    Unicodes and language packs: I'm sure a lot of people share my dilemma. The Unicodes I am wanting to use, range from U+1000 to U+109F (plus two extended ranges, AA60–AA7F and A9E0–A9FF). The Burmese (Myanmar) language pack makes the majority of these characters easy to access, but I'm wanting some that...