Windows 10: CMD Stuck in Unicode

Discus and support CMD Stuck in Unicode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm editing this as I 'solved' the first issue I had and found the underlying issue (which I'm not sure how to solve): Some instances of cmd (if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HawkinsT, Jul 22, 2016.

1. HawkinsT Win User

CMD Stuck in Unicode

I'm editing this as I 'solved' the first issue I had and found the underlying issue (which I'm not sure how to solve):

Some instances of cmd (if I run a batch script or right click > Open command window here) are set to unicode (Active code page: 65001), which causes problems for some programs I use. I can change it back to default with chcp 850, which works, but whenever I close the cmd window, it resets to unicode again. If I open cmd through run > cmd however, it is defaulting to 850 as it should however.

Through google I checked [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\Autorun], and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage\OEMCP] to see if the chcp setting is being overridden in either of those locations, but it's not.

Solved
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe]
    "CodePage"=dword:0000fde9

was the offending entry *Smile.

:)

HawkinsT, Jul 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 cmd is set to autorun, so my PC tells me. How do I change it back?

I used the cmd prompt to check a micro SD memory card. It got stuck and I had to do a hard power off to exit cmd. Now I get a message that cmd is set to autorun. How do I change it back?

dayhiker4k, Jul 22, 2016
  3. J-Parks Win User
    Windows Update won't load in Update And Security settings

Deleted the files, it's still stuck on the loading screen. + the cmd command doesn't work

J-Parks, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

CMD Stuck in Unicode

1. CMD Stuck in Unicode - Similar Threads - CMD Stuck Unicode

2. Stuck in safe mode with cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in safe mode with cmd: Hey there so I booted into safe mode for this reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windows-security-data/2e733e9a-9819-4b27-851c-2a7d6ece2fad this solution required me to boot to safe mode when I got to the boot menu I had 3 option 1.boot...
  3. Stuck in safe mode with cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in safe mode with cmd: Hey there so I booted into safe mode for this reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windows-security-data/2e733e9a-9819-4b27-851c-2a7d6ece2fad this solution required me to boot to safe mode when I got to the boot menu I had 3 option 1.boot...
  4. Stuck in safe mode with cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  6. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  7. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Stuck at cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at cmd: After PC is booted, everything is normal all the way to just before desktop. It shows a blacked screen with only the cmd. In the cmd, it shows c:/windows/system32. Pressing enter will just repeat the same line. Found out online I could type Explorer.exe and desktop will...
  9. Unicode Hindi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unicode Hindi: There is no option for the question mark symbol when we type by switching to the keyboard to Unicode Hindi. Every time I have to type the symbol then I have to switch to the English option. I was wondering if either the option of the symbol could be added any other...
  10. UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....

in Windows 10 Support
    UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....: there is no unicode on windows 10 help please and paint it black. 13183