Windows 10: Co-authoring comes to Excel on Windows desktops

Discus and support Co-authoring comes to Excel on Windows desktops in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello Insiders – Today, we’re enabling co-authoring in Excel on Windows desktops, for Office 365 subscribers in the Fast level of the Office Insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Co-authoring comes to Excel on Windows desktops

Source: Co-authoring comes to Excel on Windows desktops - Microsoft Community

See also: New to Office 365 in March - co-authoring in Excel and more - Office Blogs

:)

Brink, Mar 27, 2017
  2. LizMummy Win User

Windows 10. I can't save an excel sheet

So I've created a small, very simple excel spreadsheet. Click Save As. It produces a list of destinations including Documents, Desktop etc. I click on documents and get precisely nothing. No error message. No co-operation. Any suggestions?

LizMummy, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Beedle Win User
    Issue with xlt files after upgrade to Windows 10

We have a custom reporting engine built that uses Excel templates (.xlt) populated with data from SQL and formatted using various .NET formatting engines we built. Once I upgraded to Windows 10, any template I attempt to create/update comes back from
    our report engine in protected view (says there's a problem with the file, but doesn't have any specifics). I confirmed it was most likely due to the upgrade once one of my co-workers also upgraded and experienced the same thing (we're the only 2 on Windows
    10 here). I am currently having another co-worker on Windows 8 or below open the template and re-save in order to correct for this. I've tried both Excel 2010 and 2013 installs from our Office 365 subscription with the same results. Any idea's?

Beedle, Mar 27, 2017
Thema:

Co-authoring comes to Excel on Windows desktops

1. Co-authoring comes to Excel on Windows desktops - Similar Threads - authoring comes Excel

2. Co pilot replaces show desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Co pilot replaces show desktop: How do I get the co pilot to replace the show desktop it’s on the taskbar next to the search bar and I see people having it replace the show desktop. I’m on windows 11 home do I need to be on pro to get it to be over there....
  3. Co pilot replaces show desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Co pilot replaces show desktop: How do I get the co pilot to replace the show desktop it’s on the taskbar next to the search bar and I see people having it replace the show desktop. I’m on windows 11 home do I need to be on pro to get it to be over there....
  4. Live editing co-authors limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live editing co-authors limit: Hi,Our organization hopes to use sharepoint/onedrive files specifically, word, excel, and powerpoint with 20-30 editors during a group session. We are hoping everyone will be able to synchronously edit add text and respond to one another simultaneously. As of 2022, how many...
  5. Live editing co-authors limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live editing co-authors limit: Hi,Our organization hopes to use sharepoint/onedrive files specifically, word, excel, and powerpoint with 20-30 editors during a group session. We are hoping everyone will be able to synchronously edit add text and respond to one another simultaneously. As of 2022, how many...
  6. OneDrive Co-Authoring Executable constantly using 25% CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive Co-Authoring Executable constantly using 25% CPU: I've been chasing this for about 6 weeks with no luck. NUC8i5 is the computer and was running W10 Pro 1909 until this week when I jumped to 20H2. The following process is using a constant 25% of CPU. A restart will stop it for 1-4 hours before it decides it wants to run...
  7. Workbook Link support coming to Excel for the web

in Windows 10 News
    Workbook Link support coming to Excel for the web: When collecting data from multiple workbooks, it’s often desirable to link directly to the data. Why? It provides a record of where the data was sourced and, if the data changes, you can easily refresh it. This has made Workbook Link support a highly requested...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable: Why must I approve a firewall exception for Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable? This must have been triggered by an update but might be something more dangerous. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family...
  9. Excel comes up then shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel comes up then shuts down: Excel loads and shuts down so fast I can not read the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-comes-up-then-shuts-down/24c9ee04-407f-47bb-8a75-13abcd5f13be
  10. Suggestions for excellent desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions for excellent desktop: I need to buy a late model small desktop, corporate grade preferably to replace an older one which is a SFF HP. I won’t rule out a minitower but would prefer to drop the new into the same physical space as the old, which has been very quiet and essentially flawless. Like the...