Windows 10: COD Ghost runs smoother in Win7 than Win10

Discus and support COD Ghost runs smoother in Win7 than Win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; You can move this thread to where it belongs. I know this is best posted in a Gaming Forum but I thought it might elicit some thoughts here as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dlwmacgregor, Dec 21, 2016.

1. COD Ghost runs smoother in Win7 than Win10

You can move this thread to where it belongs.
    I know this is best posted in a Gaming Forum but I thought it might elicit some thoughts here as well.
    I haven't played COD Ghost for a couple of years but since I upgraded to my FX-8350 I thought I'd give it a try and in Windows 10 as well.
    Well, what I noticed right off was that running Ghost in Win10, the mouse movement was extremely jerky, as is the display movement of the game.
    Running the same version of Ghost in Win7 is buttery smooth and I even turned off a bunch of video settings in the Win10 game.
    Same video drivers (AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.1).
    I would have thought that Win10 would have been smoother because it is supposed to be more efficient.
    Also, Steam Frame Counter reports about 20 FPS in Win10 and 55-60 in Win7.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

:)

dlwmacgregor, Dec 21, 2016

2. call of duty ghost not run in window 10

Are you trying to install COD ghost? Better check your hard drive if it has enough capacity.

69IronMan69, Dec 21, 2016
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    How do I get windows 8.1 back on my pc?

"I have an older PC that was running Windows 7, and upgraded to Windows10, and it runs much faster and smoother"

I've got Win10 running on an 11-12 year old single core 3.2Ghz P4 with 3gigs RAM and a legacy video card. It runs as well as it did with Win7/Vista or the original XP Media Center Edition. Very stable. Mind, it is on light duty now compared to when it was
    serving as my main computer. Even so Win10 has at least extended its useful life expectancy.

Ralf_G, Dec 21, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

COD Ghost runs smoother in Win7 than Win10

It should be the other way round, Windows 10 is generally a better performer than 7. Did you do an upgrade install? If so then upgrading from 7 to 10 can give all sorts of issues.

You might want to think about doing a clean install of 10. You can skip where it asks for the key and it'l activate automatically.

swarfega, Dec 21, 2016
  5. I did an upgrade install when Win10 first came out.
    If I do a "clean install" I will have to download all my game files again...don't want to do that.
    It can't be that much worse than a clean install. I'm sure the OS is using the same files it would be for a clean install.
    What kinds of issues could it have?

dlwmacgregor, Dec 21, 2016
  6. Where did you download COD Ghost? If it's on steam then you can backup that game folder then proceed to doing a clean install of Windows 10.

Hard Drive performing slower than usual, loading times longer than usual, file conflicts.

I upgraded from Vista to 7 and it was the biggest mistake I did.

RoasterMen, Dec 22, 2016
  7. I don't have any of those problems. The video and mouse are just jerky. As soon as the pointer leaves the game window, it smooths out.

dlwmacgregor, Dec 22, 2016
  8. Asuza Win User

A living example of wierd gaming performance in Windows 10 compared to Windows 7 is Black Ops 2 Multiplayer.

In Windows 7, My FPS reaches the allowed FPS Limit of 200 literally always. It's a solid 200.
    In Windows 10, FPS bounches between 180-195.

Asuza, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. COD Ghost runs smoother in Win7 than Win10 - Similar Threads - COD Ghost runs

2. iTunes: Running 12.5.3.17 on Win7; Must move to Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes: Running 12.5.3.17 on Win7; Must move to Win10.: I'm running iTunes 12.5.3.17 on Win7. I need to move it to new computer running Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-running-125317-on-win7-must-move-to-win10/49492577-bd1e-4ecb-9292-fc28a0b51683
  3. iTunes: Running 12.5.3.17 on Win7; Must move to Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes: Running 12.5.3.17 on Win7; Must move to Win10.: I'm running iTunes 12.5.3.17 on Win7. I need to move it to new computer running Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-running-125317-on-win7-must-move-to-win10/49492577-bd1e-4ecb-9292-fc28a0b51683
  4. COD Ghost iw6s64_ship.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COD Ghost iw6s64_ship.exe - Entry Point Not Found: Split from this thread.Downloaded COD GHOSTS but it isn't workingiw6s64_ship.exe - Entry Point Not FoundThe procedure entry point SteamMatchmaking could not be located in dynamic link library C:\Program Files x86\Call of Duty Ghost\iw6sp64_ship.exe.1. What is the Windows 10...
  5. COD Ghost iw6s64_ship.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COD Ghost iw6s64_ship.exe - Entry Point Not Found: Split from this thread.Downloaded COD GHOSTS but it isn't workingiw6s64_ship.exe - Entry Point Not FoundThe procedure entry point SteamMatchmaking could not be located in dynamic link library C:\Program Files x86\Call of Duty Ghost\iw6sp64_ship.exe.1. What is the Windows 10...
  6. cod ghost startup error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cod ghost startup error: it says, iw6s64_ship.exe - Entry Point Not FoundThe procedure entry point SteamUserStats could not be located in dynamic link library C:\Program Files x86\Call of Duty Ghost\iw6sp64_ship.exe.need help please, the game was working days ago...
  7. Games running smoother than windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games running smoother than windows: So I own an Asus TUF FX505DT with a GTX 1650 (dedicated) and a Vega 8 (integrated) but I get less frames in windows than I get in demanding games! I tried the following things as well so if you have any more suggestions I would really appreciate it, thanks. Updated GTX 1650...
  8. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  9. Make laptop run smoother

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make laptop run smoother: I want to make my laptop run smoother for stop lagging. Should I delete all files in App Data / Local / Temp or keep it ?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-laptop-run-smoother/68ecbe91-48f8-4a32-8a93-e68d60d577bb
  10. Personalization in Win10 mode different than in Win7 mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization in Win10 mode different than in Win7 mode: I'm not sure why the screen shot ended up so small, but it's easy enough to replicate that this should suffice. Can anyone explain why selecting Personalization in Win10 mode (right-click on desktop -> Personalize) presents different options (left side of the screen shots...