Windows 10: Code 52 as it pertains to DVD drive

Discus and support Code 52 as it pertains to DVD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On July 10 a Windows 10 update was performed which resulted in a Code 52 and the inability for windows to recognize internal and external DVD drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AKGSB, Jul 26, 2018.

1. AKGSB Win User

Code 52 as it pertains to DVD drive

On July 10 a Windows 10 update was performed which resulted in a Code 52 and the inability for windows to recognize internal and external DVD drives. The issue seems to be a signature requirement for the driver, cdrom.sys. I was having recording issues with the internal drive, so in the meantime I've replaced it, expecting a plug and play situation, but received the same code. In all cases I've tried uninstalling the drive and rebooting (multiple times) but no change in status. And it applies not just to the internal drive, but the portable USB drive I attached to get done the work I needed to get done. The only work around I've found is to disable device signature requirement in troubleshooting (through pressing the shift key while rebooting). This works, however it's only a temporary fix as the next time the computer is rebooted, the same problem occurs. I've tried to copy and paste a backup cdrom.sys file but I've run into the must have permission from TrustedInstaller message.

I would like to find a permanent solution to this as it doesn't seem right for my DVD drives to not be usable (they are recognized, just not functional) in a normal boot up.

Please help. I'm frustrated beyond words having spent countless hours on this in the past week.

:)

AKGSB, Jul 26, 2018

2. Error code 52 / windows 10 / dvd drive

Hi. I have been running Windows 10 since its release and installed VLC Player to play DVDs. This worked until yesterday when I tried to play a DVD and found the software showed pages of errors, caused a juddering on screen and stopped working. I uninstalled
    it and reinstalled several times; installed the latest drivers for the DVD device and installed two other dvd playing softwares, none of which worked. I eventually saw error message 52* on the device manager. The DVD drive is a Matshita DVD-Ram UJ8CO; my
    computer is a Sony Vaio laptop. Can anyone please help?

*Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code
    52)

dragon11101, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Laptop upgraded to Build 10586.17 now DVD is code 52

Hi George,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue. We apologize for the delay in response.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Update option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to assist you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Code 52 as it pertains to DVD drive

Multiple device drivers with Code 52 leading to a myriad of other errors

Hello,

Let us first resolve the Code 52 error before proceeding with reinstalling Windows 10. We suggest that you uninstall the drivers that are indicated with a yellow triangle and then re-install if from device's support site. Here are the steps:

• Search for Device Manager.
    • Look for the drivers you are referring to.
    • Right-click on it and then choose Uninstall.
    • Download the driver from the device's support site.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Code 52 as it pertains to DVD drive

1. Code 52 as it pertains to DVD drive - Similar Threads - Code pertains DVD

2. Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52: Hi - Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognize-my-dvd-driver-code/8233c203-8068-41b8-8ffb-181ca6e1a398
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52: Hi - Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognize-my-dvd-driver-code/8233c203-8068-41b8-8ffb-181ca6e1a398
  4. Windows 10 does not recognize my DVD driver - code 52

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Driver error code 52

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver error code 52: My synaptics precision touchpad filter driver is showing driver code error 52. How do i fix it without disabling my touchpad? Updating drivers shows latest version installed....
  6. Driver error code 52

Driver error code 52: My synaptics precision touchpad filter driver is showing driver code error 52. How do i fix it without disabling my touchpad? Updating drivers shows latest version installed....
  7. Error code 52

Error code 52: The error code is quoted as follows "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an...
  8. DVD/CD-ROM and Code 52 - Help please!

DVD/CD-ROM and Code 52 - Help please!: DVD/CD-ROM not working. Getting the following when troubleshooting: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be...
  9. Error Code 52

Error Code 52: I have been trying to fix this error for 2 days now. My mouse Razer Naga Chroma has the error. I have tried: -Driver easy (Updated the driver still not working) -REGEDIT (I tried deleting the two files, but it would not let me saying error while deleting key) -Startup...
  10. Windows 10: DVD Player Code 52

Windows 10: DVD Player Code 52: I installed Windows 10 recently. Last week. Tonight I tried to use my DVD/CD drive and it does not work. I checked for drivers and all are up to date. The drives were working before. Here is what I am getting in the Device manager: Windows cannot verify the digital signature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows dvd drivers code 52

2. cdrom code 52

3. dvd code 52

4. what is code 52 on dvd drives,
  5. dvd code 52 fix