Windows 10: Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update

Discus and support Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the Anniversary update, I cannot play MKVs, MP4s and AVIs. I even installed the latest K-lite & CCCP after this. When I use WMP to play an MP4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Umif, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Umif Win User

Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update

Since the Anniversary update, I cannot play MKVs, MP4s and AVIs. I even installed the latest K-lite & CCCP after this. When I use WMP to play an MP4 for example, the program crashes. VLC plays AVI and MP4, but without sound.

Do you have suggestions what I have to configure in my codecs? Or something else?

:)

Umif, Aug 9, 2016

2. How do I restore codecs lost in Anniversary Update?

After installing the Anniversary Update, I found I could no longer sync songs of certain formats (.wma, .m4a) to my Zune HD anymore. After some searching I found that the Anniversary Update removed codecs necessary to sync these files. How can I restore
    the necessary codecs so that the Zune software can work the way it's supposed to?

Matt_Pasciuto, Aug 9, 2016
  3. DP no longer working after Anniversary update?

Other than uninstalling and reinstalling the AMD drivers, that did nothing.

Windows10messedupmydisplayport, Aug 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, just tried an mp4 in WMP.. plays ok.

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
  6. Umif Win User
    Thanks for your suggestion. Yet it didn't work, even though I followed the instructions for 10 users (Setup and usage), i.e. disabling media foundations and Microsoft audio/video decoders.

Umif, Aug 9, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

I just discovered VLC would no longer play a mp4 but other programs would. I just reinstalled VLC and all is fine

Steve C, Aug 10, 2016
  9. Umif Win User
    I found the temporary solution: restoring the pre-anniversary version.
    Now I can play videos again. *Tongue

10. klcp Win User
    This update works a complete OS upgrade. So a lot of things get reset to defaults. It also re-installs drivers. So you probably need to update your graphics driver.

Thema:

1. Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Codecs longer working

2. speakers no longer work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers no longer work after update: first my printer didnt work after the update then my speakers are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-no-longer-work-after-update/f35104e4-b60a-4b86-a1be-21bab9c7fd32
  3. Laptop no longer works after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop no longer works after Update: Hello, so I'm currently facing a huge issue on my laptop, which is an Asus GL502VM, after Windows decided to perform an update. It was running Windows 10 which came preinstalled with the laptop and I had paused the recent updates since these usually caused more issues. So...
  4. Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update: So I recently got the anniversary update and notice that now Win-C no longer opens Cortana in listening mode. Does anyone else notice this? Is there a way to get it back? Thanks! 59489
  5. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  6. VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update: [img] What Should I do ? Please Help Me.. VDeck is Important for EQ *Sad *Sad 58824
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat: Hello, Title says it all. I can't use the search functionality and Cortana is missing. Is there a way to reinstall it? 66038
  9. Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update: As the title says, my Windows Search has stopped functioning properly after the Anniversary Update. I can click on the bar, and it will bring up an empty window, but as soon as I type in anything, it closes itself. I've read up on some possible methods of fixing it,...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...